Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Drug Posts

[ QUOTE ]
weed was decrimalized in canada, our greatest prime minister of all time was a toker.....i love this country

[/ QUOTE ]

if you judge prime ministers purely by drug use, then i could see you saying that
Old 07-31-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i can't help but feel like this is all my fault, and that cracks me up.

my 24 hour ban just ended, i wanted to post in this thread like 4 hours ago with the "serious business" pic, but i couldn't even create a new account. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

i saw the ban coming a mile away, so obviously i'm not mad at all. i just can't help myself. internet forum mods are almost as bad as frat house presidents.

[/ QUOTE ]

basically its "oh crap i cant discuss getting high even though nobody over the age of 15 gives a crap, weeeeeed ownzzz"

[/ QUOTE ]

you seem to be getting dumber with each post you make

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch the flaming guys. If you want to discuss the legality of drugs feel free but try not to let this turn into a flame war.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh and come on, lets be honest, marijuana is hardly a drug. When you guys start doing snowballs then you are a real champ in my book!

[/ QUOTE ]

its still a drug, and should be illegal

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a plant, should mushrooms be illegal too? What about aspirin, anasthetics, caffeine, allergy medications, and all other types of drugs that AREN'T natural but are not only legal in our society but the use of such is encouraged? Imo if it's a natural substance outlawing it is absurd. And if it's illegal for "the good of the people", alcohol and cigarettes should be outlawed too since they are more far dangerous then marijuana is.

[/ QUOTE ]

with weed/alcohol, the negatives far outweigh the positives, if any. and yes i agree that alcohol and cigarettes should be outlawed as well, but it wont be happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, weed has the fewest drawbacks of those, you really sound like your knowledge of weed is coming from those television commercials that are complete propaganda(And btw Im not a regular smoker or anything, just please have a clue what you're talking about before making outlandish statements).

[/ QUOTE ]

you didnt deny that there are more cons than pros for weed though. which was my point, not the number of drawbacks

[/ QUOTE ]

Please list the cons, I can think of Short term memory loss, hunger, and inability to operate heavy machinery. Pain relief for the severely sick should be pro enough to outweigh forgetfulness.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh and come on, lets be honest, marijuana is hardly a drug. When you guys start doing snowballs then you are a real champ in my book!

[/ QUOTE ]

its still a drug, and should be illegal

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a plant, should mushrooms be illegal too? What about aspirin, anasthetics, caffeine, allergy medications, and all other types of drugs that AREN'T natural but are not only legal in our society but the use of such is encouraged? Imo if it's a natural substance outlawing it is absurd. And if it's illegal for "the good of the people", alcohol and cigarettes should be outlawed too since they are more far dangerous then marijuana is.

[/ QUOTE ]

with weed/alcohol, the negatives far outweigh the positives, if any. and yes i agree that alcohol and cigarettes should be outlawed as well, but it wont be happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, weed has the fewest drawbacks of those, you really sound like your knowledge of weed is coming from those television commercials that are complete propaganda(And btw Im not a regular smoker or anything, just please have a clue what you're talking about before making outlandish statements).

[/ QUOTE ]

you didnt deny that there are more cons than pros for weed though. which was my point, not the number of drawbacks

[/ QUOTE ]

Please list the cons, I can think of Short term memory loss, hunger, and inability to operate heavy machinery. Pain relief for the severely sick should be pro enough to outweigh forgetfulness.

[/ QUOTE ]

increased risk of heart attack for one, during use.

respritory illness, a possible increased risk of cancer, worse functioning of the immune system

thats not even getting into the social area of it

i wonder why its illegal
Old 08-01-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
weed was decrimalized in canada, our greatest prime minister of all time was a toker.....i love this country

[/ QUOTE ]

if you judge prime ministers purely by drug use, then i could see you saying that

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf dude i didn't say he was the best because he used drugs, he was the best AND he used drugs.

also, this is prolly the best anti-smoking and driving commercial i have ever seen on TV i dunno if u guys get this one in the states but it makes me laugh.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VZ_WRWzoB6Q
Old 08-01-2007, 12:17 AM

Old 08-01-2007, 12:19 AM

Pants Optional,

How can you say these things and call yourself a poker player?

If you're not a poker player,

GTFO
Old 08-01-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pants Optional,

How can you say these things and call yourself a poker player?

If you're not a poker player,

GTFO

[/ QUOTE ]

not pro if thats what you mean

but you seem to think playing poker must go directly with being shitfaced from weed or alcohol or whatever, where it doesnt have to be.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i wonder why its illegal

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it's harder to monopolize then tobacco. Certainly not for the long term health risks as they are better than cigs, certainly not because of the effects of intoxication because alcohol is more dangerous in that sense.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:22 AM

Pants Optional, you are clearly ignorant on the subject which you are trying to argue
Closed Thread