Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2006, 09:17 PM

Default Re: iWitness v2

[ QUOTE ]
Ive never gotten iWitness to work. Since everyone else can make it work its clearly something wrong on my end. I just dowloaded the latest AHK and the latest script. When I open iWitness I set up my groups and hit go. It opens PP and scrolls to each of the limits that I have selected. It opens 0 tables and eventually just minimises the party client. Once in a while it will open one or two tables if Im lucky. What am I doing wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]I've seen it do that a lot. (It started when the iWitness code was rewritten and keystrokes were purposefully delayed. I even had one friend say "Oh, PartyMine was faster." [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

What happens if you just let it scroll, and come back 10 minutes later?
-Sam
Old 04-07-2006, 11:40 PM

Ill give it a shot right now. Ill just let it run on one account for an hour or so.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ive never gotten iWitness to work. Since everyone else can make it work its clearly something wrong on my end. I just dowloaded the latest AHK and the latest script. When I open iWitness I set up my groups and hit go. It opens PP and scrolls to each of the limits that I have selected. It opens 0 tables and eventually just minimises the party client. Once in a while it will open one or two tables if Im lucky. What am I doing wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]I've seen it do that a lot. (It started when the iWitness code was rewritten and keystrokes were purposefully delayed. I even had one friend say "Oh, PartyMine was faster." [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]
I had a few problems to start with, but just put it down to my PC being strange... I found when I updated my AHK things started working better, but I still had it doing something similar to what you mention.

I looked in the logfile and found that this line was triggering:

"########################Target didn't match table_name"

and it was just "skipping" through the all the tables quite often.

I added a sleep here:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
WinWait, ahk_id%lobby_id%
ControlFocus, SysListView321
<font color="red">Sleep, 500 ; ### JUK</font>

Loop, 5
</pre><hr />

And since then it has worked better, but still not 100% sure it's fixed the problem of "table skipping", as when I look in my latest log, there are still quite a few "########################Target didn't match table_name" messages.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2006, 02:58 AM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

[ QUOTE ]
"table skipping"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this happens to me quite a bit as well. It is always proceeded by a *beep* from my PC.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I to am having and have been having this same problem, it wont open up any tables. This is for 1/2 200NL if it matters. I've just stuck to an old version of Iwitness that seems to work fine, except it sometimes stops opening new tables after a while.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I had a few problems to start with, but just put it down to my PC being strange... I found when I updated my AHK things started working better, but I still had it doing something similar to what you mention.

I looked in the logfile and found that this line was triggering:

"########################Target didn't match table_name"

and it was just "skipping" through the all the tables quite often.

I added a sleep here:

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
WinWait, ahk_id%lobby_id%
ControlFocus, SysListView321
<font color="red">Sleep, 500 ; ### JUK</font>

Loop, 5
</pre><hr />

And since then it has worked better, but still not 100% sure it's fixed the problem of "table skipping", as when I look in my latest log, there are still quite a few "########################Target didn't match table_name" messages.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would actually be better off speaking chinese to me right now. I have no idea how to add or remove things from the script. If you could PM me the modified script you use with the addition that would rock. The chances of me adding it myself are zero.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:02 AM

I have been running iWitness under multiple accounts for a while, and unfortunately there are a multitude of problems. Some of those are related to how the Party client responds I'm sure, rather than any problems with the iWitness code itself.

The "Target didn't match" problem is one, pretty much as mentioned above.

Another is iWitness will occasionally go into a state where it'll restore Party, go through the OpenTables routine and minimize without trying to open any tables. After adding some extra logging, it seems it goes through the tables but doesn't find any suitable ones - even though there are plenty. Haven't dug deeper yet.

Less frequent is it'll fail to switch to the correct limit, which in my case is NL. It'll open Party, try a few times, keep refreshing Limit instead and give up with the appropriate tray error message. I've looked at the code for this and looks very straightforward, so looks like Party having a brain-fart here.

A more serious problem is it'll lose track of how mnay tables are actually open and try to open more. Party will pop up the usual "too many windows" dialog but iWitness will still try to open more.

In general I get a lot of instances that MinimizeTables() will minimize the error popups rather than closing them. Again the code to close them is pretty straightforward so I have no idea why this isn't working.

Finally I've seen it try to open the same tables from different accounts. When this happens the tables in .ini files will invariably be incorrect, so it makes sense, but I'm not sure how they get out of sync in the first place. This is probably related to the trying to open more than 4/10 tables problem above.

The upshot of all this is I need to babysit it around the clock pretty much, which is not much fun with multiple instances. But I'm still glad we have it of course. I'm wondering if this is all fixable under AHK though...
Old 04-08-2006, 11:22 AM

Has anybody modified the script so it will work with EmpirePoker?

I have tried and I am pretty sure that the problem comes down to some different color codes. I have replaced the correct words in the script.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:28 PM

I haven't tested exhaustively, but I think this is one source of the "table doesn't match" errors:

If you leave your table listed sorted by something other than table name, if Party refreshes the list while iWitness is running, the table order in iWitness no longer matches the table order in Party. It seems things are much stable when I sort by table name (up or down doesn't matter.) It can still get thrown off when a table is closed or new one is opened, though.

Can someone help confirm that this is making a difference? If so, maybe iWitness can be coded to force the ordering before reading the list and trying to select tables.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Finally I've seen it try to open the same tables from different accounts. When this happens the tables in .ini files will invariably be incorrect, so it makes sense, but I'm not sure how they get out of sync in the first place. This is probably related to the trying to open more than 4/10 tables problem above.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really know the answer to the other questions, but his one I know a bit about.

Basically when running multiple copies of iWitness in different user accounts, then we end up with a MIMD system which are just total nightmares to get working. Even very simple stuff ends up pretty hard to code for MIMD systems -taking account of all the possible interactions between the systems is very hard (anybody who has coded threaded apps will know this all too well).

What is happening is that Process A is writing to the file at the same time as Process B is reading it, and this is causing the problem of the same table being opened in both instances (there may even be other strange MIMD interactions too... livelock and deadlock often crop up in these systems too).

The most simple solution I can think of is to have a "semiphore" setup to mark that a file is in use, thus making the file access mutually exclusive between the processes (but I don't know how the semiphore itself can be locked using AHK?).