Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Re: TV Wednesday

Helio starts the second half. This is where he'll have to prove himself. His foxtrot was excellent, but can he do latin? I guess I shouldn't have doubted. That was excellent. His tempo was much higher than the other mambos, increasing the difficulty, and the choreography was not easy, either. He is charming on stage, and he even has his leading and his arms in order. He could stand to work on his breaks like Mark, breaking on a straight leg instead of on a bent knee, but his breaks did look better than Mark.

Jennie got quickstep and did surprisingly well, actually. The girls really have a tough time having the right posture, frame, and body position. She could also stand to look like she's having fun out there, and, well, not flagrantly miss steps, esp. on the grand finale. I think her 21 was fair.

Cameron looked good out there. He did look a little stiff at points, but I thought he had good hip action, good leading, and a pretty good performance. I liked this better than Jennie, even though he got the same score.

Well, Floyd continues to be a trainwreck. He has the worst shoulders and frame and posture of any guys in the competition, and his footwork wasn't quite as good as the judges praised him for. He never really closed or collected his feet when they needed to be collected. I thought his 21 was more than generous. I was thinking 18. Like, Wayne was a little worse than Floyd, but not that much worse.

I guess I liked Dr. Quinn, Dancing Woman more than the judges. Her rhythm was precise, and her arms are fantastic. She extends her arms better than any dancer in the competition. I guess she didn't turn me on, but I think her technique was solid. The choreography was quite a bit more difficult than Marie's, and she was crisper. I thought Carrie Ann would give her an 8. I think the 21 sells her short.

And finally, we have Sabrina. As good as Helio was, Sabrina was better. She was right on top of the posture, frame, head position, foot work, and rhythm. I don't know what Len was complaining about for a slower quickstep. Not only did I like how her tempo was faster than the other competitors, I liked how she and her partner stretched out the beats in places, taking things slower than they needed to be. Len's 8 was unfair. She deserved a 27 easily.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:24 AM

Journeyman is officially in the rotation.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:52 AM

Liked your writeup Wookie. Very good assessment if you ask me.
I found it interesting that you said the quick step is one of the hardest. It does look ridiculously hard and last night's performances went really well, with the exception of Jenni Garth. I'm really impressed with Albert, Sabrina, Helio...all of them!

Completely missed Mel B. and my favorite guy. Bummer.
Did Cameron do a quickstep? I can't recall now.

Mark --
I liked Mark Cuban too and I'm feeling sorry for the billionaire. I will watch him more closely next time (if there is a next time) to watch for him stepping on his heels. I thought his score was a tad low but I don't have the eye for this kind of thing so I have to rely on you to tell me what he's doing badly. He looked really disappointed. He's got great big arms and just for that I would rank him quite high [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Helio --
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] here is my favorite. This guy is just a blast to watch. I love how entertaining he is and how musical he is. Who's idea was it to invite this guy to the party? OMG. Brilliant.

Jenni--
I'm not terribly impressed here. And I think she needs to respect her partner more. The best thing about this couple is Derek. He is phenomenal. I wish he would stick around longer but I know it's only a matter of time before he's off the show.

Marie --
Come on, why such a high score? Was it really that good? This girl is lucky because she has a great partner.

Dr. Quinn--
It was really sweet and safe. Not enough energy for me.

Sabrina --
Yeah, she's a ringer. This girl is practically a professional. She is amazing and that was one hell of a performance last night. Wow.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else watch The Bachelor? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Who do we like?

Oh why did Sniper have to go away. He would have talked about this show with me. He would have told me his favorites [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] .

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Bachelor will like the blonde who has been divorced - I think she is the favorite. It is funny that he kept Solisa, who is a total skank/party girl. He screwed up getting rid of the blonde who went swimming on the first show.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:47 AM

Wow I was going to say that I like the divorcee (Bettina?) too. OMG we are on the same page! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] omg omg omg.

I also kind of like the Deanna girl. She's pretty cool if you ask me. But why on earth did he keep Jade? Yuck. Anyway, this bachelor is very hot. I like him a lot. I like the fact that he came from a hard-working background and actually earned his money. He seems like a very interesting and kind guy from the little I've seen of him.

(p.s. Solisa looks like she's a lot of fun. I think they kept her around for the fun factor.)
Old 10-02-2007, 10:36 PM

Ugh. BRUTAL elimination on DwtS. I guess I was pulling for Mark to stick around, but I'd have taken Albert over him in a heartbeat. One 8 would have certainly saved him.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:44 PM

Very brutal. That poor guy. He looked shocked. Now I want to cry.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:00 AM

Fox Exec #1: What's our most successful drama?
Fox Exec #2: House.
Fox Exec #1: Well, since we have nothing else to do, how do we make it more successful? If it already works, obviously we can make it better!
Fox Exec #2: What this world needs is more reality competition shows.
Fox Exec #1: Excellent! Let's infuse some reality competition elements into our most original and best-written show.
Fox Exec #2: Great work. This can only make the show's most hardcore fans love it even more! They won't be turned off in the least by such a lame gimmick.
Fox Exec #1: Great. We need a sassy female unknown with a smoking figure and some ethnic underling for House's new team.
Fox Exec #2: I wonder if Kumar is available. You know, he went to medical school. It was in that documentary he did about White Castle.
Fox Exec #1: Brilliant. I don't think he will be blown off the screen by a great thespian such as Omar Epps. He will definitely hold his own.
Fox Exec #2: Alright. Let's round out the competition with an old salt, a complete caricature of an over-competitive aspiring female doctor, and that annoying guy who plays scummy defense lawyers.
Fox Exec #1: You're 100% right. There's no need for original characters with depth and nuance.
Fox Exec #2: And I'm sure Hugh Laurie's contempt for all of this won't be evidenced at all through his performance!
Fox Exec #1: Brilliant!
Fox Exec #2: Brilliant!
Fox Exec #1: Oh, and make sure the writers don't make any tongue-in-cheek jokes about how cheesy a convention this is.
Fox Exec #2: Brilliant!
Old 10-03-2007, 11:05 AM

shane,

I hope the writers for The Simpsons see your post.

I have Cavemen and Carpoolers on my DVR, but after reading the reviews I am dreading having to watch them [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2007, 01:45 PM

I watched Journeyman last night. I didn't really dig it. I never felt like what this guy was doing was important, and I didn't really care what happened.

OTOH, Chuck was pretty enjoyable outside of the helicopter scene. I may keep with it.