Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Mr. Gatorade’s Lies cost me over 70k at Full Tilt

I have no opinion on the OP as I have no evidence either way, but I have to say:

It's an interesting statement on the state of the world to see how easily the current generation has embraced "guilty until proven innocent".
Old 06-03-2007, 01:52 PM

if a thread on 2+2 can reverse a stars(a much more respected site) bot decision, it should not even be a question that fulltilt could be swayed into making a +$70k decision that makes people at 2+2 happy
Old 06-03-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if a thread on 2+2 can reverse a stars(a much more respected site) bot decision, it should not even be a question that fulltilt could be swayed into making a +$70k decision that makes people at 2+2 happy

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact is that nobody on 2+2 has all the facts of this case and, therefore, has no basis for passing judgement one way or the other. People can argue but it doesn't matter when they don't know the full story. It seems everyone has a hard time accepting this.

Further, the thread didn't reverse Stars' decision. Compelling evidence to the contrary reversed their decision. The thread just happened to be a catalyst.

Saying Fult Tilt would change this sort of decision just to make a bunch of ignorant bystanders happy is just silly.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:22 PM

@jujujaja34

Teddy was (and still is) a highly respected 2p2er. He had a lot of good will here and we used that as a basis of our support.

And yes, I do think 2p2 being involved helped his (or his mom's) case with Stars. I am not sure it would do the same for FT though.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact is that nobody on 2+2 has all the facts of this case and, therefore, has no basis for passing judgement one way or the other. People can argue but it doesn't matter when they don't know the full story. It seems everyone has a hard time accepting this.

Further, the thread didn't reverse Stars' decision. Compelling evidence to the contrary reversed their decision. The thread just happened to be a catalyst.

Saying Fult Tilt would change this sort of decision just to make a bunch of ignorant bystanders happy is just silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless FTP was smart enough to add up the yearly rake derived from this herd of devoted deviants that range from 12 table grinders to the highest level online HU players and realize that keeping the faith of such a community is very, very + EV to their bottom line.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:28 PM

Location: Realising I suck at Poker (lifetime winner though!)

Surely the main issue here is the guilty until proved innocent mentality. Surely if FT have compelling evidence then just saying so is not enough, they have to disclose it (I understand that they dont want to disclose bot detection methods, but they need to find some way to prove what they are saying).

I have no idea (and dont really care to be honest) if the OP used a bot or not, but the way FT handles this makes me pretty sure i will never play on their site
Old 06-03-2007, 02:34 PM

BeatMe1,

All stats that I referenced are in this thread: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...0&fpart=all

I would be interested in seeing stats from a few established winning players in these games that have not been accused, I wonder if Gehrig can accomodate.

Gehrig can you post the same stats (names blocked out) for you, Bryce, and I don't know who else plays these games regularly for comparison?

The stats he posted are just randomly datamined when he happened to have tables open, so the chance that he missed hands you played against the other accused bots is the same as the chance he missed hands you played against other regulars like Bryce. The result is you did have hands played against Bryce and 0 hands played against the other 7 players mentioned over a random sampling. I am not a statistician but I find that to be meaningful.

Honestly, I don't really care to be piling on evidence one way or another, I don't play those games these days but this is clearly an issue in the current online limit holdem landscape. I only joined in these threads in the first place because Crazy Mike didn't used to be known on the 2+2 forums and people here tend to give new posters a tough time. I know him in real life and as a long time poster here felt that I would let everyone know he is a normal fairly not-crazy guy. That said I don't agree with some of his online behavior but you never get the whole picture online at the tables or these forums, so I understand why people have such varying opinions on the scope of his assholeishness.

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-03-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...the way FT handles this makes me pretty sure i will never play on their site

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-03-2007, 02:44 PM

Hey Mike. I am a bot bro.

"My CPU is a neural net processor; a learning computer. But Skynet pre-sets the switch to read-only when we're sent out alone."

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/135/3...139031e6_o.jpg

^ Me before my daily FTP session.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about Gatorade ties me to a stone and tosses me in the lake if I drown I am not a bot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you're a bot or not, but you're definitely more fun to have around than Mr. G.