Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN thread (9/18 - Day 4)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was a new low for Humberto when the guy he ko'd on a coin flip stayed to shake his hand (which god knows I wouldn't have done), and Humberto shook his hand for one second without even looking at him, standing on a chair spouting gibberish.

Hats off to Ed de Haas as well for the way he dealt with Khan.

[/ QUOTE ]I can't watch Humberto, he is such a desperate attention whore, I fast forward thru all things Humberto.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does not seem sensible to me that a player is allowed to place his hands(shark) in the middle of the table during the play of a hand. Why is this allowed?

If I were in a hand against Huuuumbertoooo and he was holding his shark up against the flop like he does, I would be very annoyed.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was going to be at a TV table with Brenes I'd ask a friend to bring me a mallet and when he took that effin shark out I'd put a smashdown on that thing so hard he'd be picking plastic out of his nose for a week.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:40 PM

When are they going to show JErry what's his last name, is it Ying,or Yang. the eventual winner, they showed Tulam
Old 09-20-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Deb is a really good player IMO, after all she was/is the Arizona Women's State champion, and I've played in those Ladies events, and they are a LOT harder to play in than in mixed events.

[/ QUOTE ]

Say what? How can they possibly be harder than open events? By definition, a restricted event has a weaker field than an open event. US Open > US Am; PGA > LPGA; Junior Event; Champions Tour; etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think maybe she means that at the all-women event there were more people at the table having trouble playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean they're even bigger donkaments?
Old 09-20-2007, 08:32 PM

Yeah, Yang must be as big of a cutup as he looked at the FT broadcast. They haven't even shown him once yet. Get ready for the most boring FT in the history of televised poker.

[blank] bets in LP, Yang raises from the blinds, [blank] folds

[blank] bets, Yang calls in LP, flop comes, [blank] checks, Yang bets, [blank] folds

... repeat ad naseum ...
Old 09-20-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If I was going to be at a TV table with Brenes I'd ask a friend to bring me a mallet and when he took that effin shark out I'd put a smashdown on that thing so hard he'd be picking plastic out of his nose for a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they ever show Barry stealing the chark in one of the $2000 No-limit events?
Old 09-20-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought it was a new low for Humberto when the guy he ko'd on a coin flip stayed to shake his hand (which god knows I wouldn't have done), and Humberto shook his hand for one second without even looking at him, standing on a chair spouting gibberish.

Hats off to Ed de Haas as well for the way he dealt with Khan.

[/ QUOTE ]I can't watch Humberto, he is such a desperate attention whore, I fast forward thru all things Humberto.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does not seem sensible to me that a player is allowed to place his hands(shark) in the middle of the table during the play of a hand. Why is this allowed?

If I were in a hand against Huuuumbertoooo and he was holding his shark up against the flop like he does, I would be very annoyed.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In reality, you'd just sit there with your head down waiting for the next round of cards to be dealt like everyone else.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still think Deb picked up something from him, and remember, he donked off his chips to HER the last time, so why wouldn't she try to get him to do it again?

[/ QUOTE ]

She should have leveled up a little bit - Dario knows she calls his bluffs and she should know he knows that which should let her think that maybe this time it's not a bluff.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Deb is a really good player IMO, after all she was/is the Arizona Women's State champion, and I've played in those Ladies events, and they are a LOT harder to play in than in mixed events.

[/ QUOTE ]
Say what? How can they possibly be harder than open events? By definition, a restricted event has a weaker field than an open event. US Open > US Am; PGA > LPGA; Junior Event; Champions Tour; etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think maybe she means that at the all-women event there were more people at the table having trouble playing.

[/ QUOTE ]LMAO, my wife even lol'd at this...
Old 09-21-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

For those criticizing Minieri's play as too over-aggro, a hand like this completely justifies it when you've got donks calling off so many chips here with TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but that's some of the most reckless aggro donk poker I have ever witnessed. Maybe he needs to pick up an english dictionary and learn the word "fold." No concept of his table image or what he's trying to represent. Just bets and raises with reckless abandon. Yeah maybe 10% of the time he has a hand but he's gonna lose the other 90%. What a moron.

Little kids like this have no idea what they are doing.

Poker is a long term game and this guy better start learning or he's gonna learn the true meaning of massive downswing and i mean fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

look up the word "editted"
Old 09-21-2007, 10:41 AM

well from the live reports and his constantly oscillating chipstack, I don't think what we saw last night was a misrepresentation of Minieri's ME play.