Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is Teh Funny?
Contestant No 1 7 35.00%
Comic Numero Dos 13 65.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2007, 02:35 AM

Default Re: 2p2 DC Happy Hour

Bump for H-Hour (subtle military thing...d10? Fluff?) today. What time is everyone going? I have nothing to do, so I'm willing to go as early as 4pm, but in all likelihood it'll be around 6
Old 08-24-2007, 02:45 AM

I have to meet with both of my parents tomorrow but I'll try to be there between like 6 and 7....although I might end up being a little later. Woooo family feud!

Just curious, how close to a metro stop is the rocketbar?
Old 08-24-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to meet with both of my parents tomorrow but I'll try to be there between like 6 and 7....although I might end up being a little later. Woooo family feud!

Just curious, how close to a metro stop is the rocketbar?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Located across the street from the Verizon Center and Clydes, in a space underneath Ruby Tuesdays and Legal Seafood.

[/ QUOTE ]

So once you come up the escalator go to your right, my guess is it's within 200 yards
Old 08-24-2007, 04:07 AM

so where is this pre-happy hr pregame happening cuz that is pretty awesome. especially if you guys are taking off work for it. so sick.

alanna and I went out with her cousin and her cousins gf tonight. i had never met either of them and i dont think she knew them very well but they both turned out to be really cool. anyways, we had to take a long cab ride from alexandria to woodbridge and apperently the cousin puked on the way home while i was sleeping and the cabbie didnt even pull over or say anything as we got out altho he did insist on paying and i think left a good tip.

anyways we are back at alannas parents and eventually go our separate ways bc her cousin and gf somehow got her room and i sleep in her lil brotheres room and shes sharing her sisters room for the nihgt (obv beat) anyways im hammered and i go upstairs and start playing online.

is poker allowed in bb4l?

i see a guy i dont recognize at 10/20.

some stuff happens preflop and on the flop so we go into the turn and i have K9 and the board is 993Q and he decides its a good idea to shove into me for like 2x pot. so im like lol call? he flips over Q2?!? nh buddy.

few seconds later on a different table, folded to him in sb, he makes it 50, i have JJ in BB and am like LOL thx for another stack...i shove 2k, he snap calls and flips over T9 and manages to not suckout. thx for 4k buddy!

as im still laughing at that guy i get AA and some stuff happens and the flop comes J64 and i bet and a guy shoves with 77 and im like wtf this is too good to be true but alas the board comes 53 and it was indeed too good to be true. fortunately that guy didnt have a full stack so it was still a nice drunk hit n run.

/poker talk.

i saw that rocketbar is across from clydes....we are looking for places to go after adn someone reccomeneded that place, anyone know if its cool?

also, for those of us who havent been to a dc happy hr how are we supposed to find you if we dont know what any of you look like? i guess if you are gonna be there early or at the pre-pre-game PM me and we can exchange phone numbers or somehing?

also seriously pregaming b4 happy hr, so awesome. we were planning on it anyways but you guys really just impressed me.
Old 08-24-2007, 04:58 AM

I think I'll be pre-gaming by myself on the metro ride!

I think the easiest method is to just look for the ratio of 30 dudes to one chick and say "sup bro!".

P.S. I'm easy to spot. I'm a giant.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:53 AM

I just arrived in MD and I'm disappointed no one has stepped up and provided a pregaming location. I'm going to sleep now, I expect better when I wake up.

NLS, I wasn't kidding about fluffpop, everyone knows what she looks like so I'm just gonna find her and then see who else finds her.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bump for H-Hour (subtle military thing...d10? Fluff?) today. What time is everyone going? I have nothing to do, so I'm willing to go as early as 4pm, but in all likelihood it'll be around 6

[/ QUOTE ]

holla, I don't set H-hour, I just get there +/- 30 seconds, but if no one organizes a pregame I'll probably be there between 4-5.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:39 AM

I am packing most of the day and only have a meeting from 1-3 I have to call into. I was planning on getting into Chinatown around 6:30 or so, but I'd be down to meet at Clydes, Fado, or RFD for pre-happy hour drinking. I can get into DC around 5ish.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:55 AM

wow what's the deal with RFD? we were at a bar in Old Town last night and asked what was good in D.C. (for the after-party, obvs), and someone was adamant about checking that place out too...we're staying at the Hyatt across from the Verizon Center so we'll be out all night!

edit: woo just had a thought . . . what if there are people who lurk in BBV4L, and then they decide to lurk in real life? We need to make sure to look around for people who are subtly listening to our conversations without contributing...very suspicious maybe i will go to the spy museum today to get some sleuthing practice.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:16 AM

I'd volunteer my place for pregaming but I live way out by Pentagon and its not that metro-accessible. I guess I'll just plan on getting to Rocketbar ~5? Let me know if a pregame spot is decided on.

Also, do we know yet if this is going to degenerate into drunken Puppet or Double Flop HoldThem at any point tonight?