Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Re: An absolutly WORLD CLASS play in my opinion......your thoughts ple

[ QUOTE ]
Deep down I still hope that our folder hero has an 2+2 account and will enlighten us all with a deep analysis of his questionable move but I might have to face the fact that I wont learn anything from this thread after all.

There is always an outside chance that someone who ever made a similar play would "come out of the closet" and teach us all the secret of life.. who knows.

And to finish my contribution in this "started promising but crashed badly" thread, (unless Gonso and El_Hombre get nasty so I have to post an insult or two ) I really wish both of them ignored this thread because I will never get back those minutes I spent reading their bullshiat. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean didn't learn anything? Haven't you read the professors posts? You just peer across the table, look in his soul, pick up a "set specific tell" based on the subtleties of "cardfall" and "behaviour", and muck your mathematically favorite hand, and save your whole stack.

This plus learning that my new cool hat is called a deerstalker makes this well worth it, if indeed, there is such a thing as a "set specific tell." On second thought, the hats enough.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(unless Gonso and El_Hombre get nasty so I have to post an insult or two ) I really wish both of them ignored this thread because I will never get back those minutes I spent reading their bullshiat.

[/ QUOTE ]

You ignore the nastiness of people inclined to agree with you, apparently. Your boy was doing it about every post last I saw - but, hey, whatever...

Plus, you calling people "know it all pricks" (and so forth) early in the thread didn't really come off too well. Makes you a little bit of a hypocrite, don't you think? In fact, you might want to read some of your own remarks.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Re: An absolutly WORLD CLASS play in my opinion......your thoughts please

[ QUOTE ]
You've been playing for 2 hours and the blinds are 75-150? Are you serious?

[ QUOTE ]
another thing that makes that play so amazing was the fact that andy's bet on the turn wasnt like it was putting SP all-in and his tourney was in jeopardy!

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? SP has 5000. 150 for the blind. 400 for the raise. After the flop 600 for the cbet. That is 1,150: more than 20% of his stack. If he calls the 1600 turn bet he will have put in over half his stack.

[ QUOTE ]
Now ive been playing poker now for about 6-7 weeks in vegas and i watch it all the time on t.v. and i dont think ive ever seen a laydown like that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Makes sense. on t.v.

[/ QUOTE ]

what dont you understand? re-read the original post, then get back to me. if you want, read it slower this time.

FYI: its 6-7 YEARS!!! not weeks playing poker in vegas
Old 07-28-2007, 09:40 PM

Default Re: An absolutly WORLD CLASS play in my opinion......your thoughts please

I have read it 4 times. I don't understand how you can say you've been playing 6-7 years and have never seen a laydown like that. What about Josh Arieh's laydown at the WSOP 2004 final table? Have you seen that?
Old 07-29-2007, 12:22 AM

"It is only shallow people who do not judge by appearances. The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible."

- Oscar Wilde
Old 07-29-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"It is only shallow people who do not judge by appearances. The true mystery of the world is the visible, not the invisible."

- Oscar Wilde

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not a dualist. I am a monist. The visible and invisible are one.

No serious philosopher takes this tongue-in-cheek quote of Wilde's seriously.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:20 AM

Ah, Oscar; that well known member of the Victorian smoking lobby.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."

- Oscar Wilde
Old 07-29-2007, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have read it 4 times. I don't understand how you can say you've been playing 6-7 years and have never seen a laydown like that. What about Josh Arieh's laydown at the WSOP 2004 final table? Have you seen that?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i have seen that hand, and uh, by the way, that hand i beleive went something to the likes of..arieh hits his NUT flush on the river, (am i right so far?) but when he hits his flush, it also pairs the board, (queens, right?) arieh bets, un-known player then re-raises all-in and arieh thinks for about 30 seconds and folds...(am i right?) now first of all, that was a NICE fold... that is all! it doesnt take a world class player to make that laydown!
ALSO by the way, that hand to which you are referring, has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the topic of this thread!
ZERO!!!!
thanks for you input though.....genius
Old 07-29-2007, 06:11 AM

I admit it, I was trying to have fun at your expense because I thought the post was a hoax. So I guess I deserve your insults. But if you are sincere I am sorry if I ever hurt your feelings.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I admit it, I was trying to have fun at your expense because I thought the post was a hoax. So I guess I deserve your insults. But if you are sincere I am sorry if I ever hurt your feelings.

[/ QUOTE ]

its cool.