Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Joe Seboks blog post - Re: Ikes play

I really find this whole thing distasteful, and I am acquainted with, also at least generically fond of, all parties.

I really don't understand how Ike inspires this kind of vitriol, and he's certainly not worthy of mockery. I didn't listen to the radio show, but I heard that Theo was deriding him as a "hippie" and expressing a desire to fight him. That seems like really needless, misdirected anger, and I suspect Ike is also even money at worst in this scrap.

For the rest, I agree with Alex's post. If Joe wants to approach his radio gig as a shock jock, and relishes the enjoyment he feels while berating his opponents for their "ridiculous plays" and their accomplishments, then he should be prepared for lots of confrontation and underlying animosity from other players in his vicinity and resolve to abandon the "aw shucks, what me worry?" attitude I've always found so likeable about him.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:09 PM

The all in with kj seems a little loose, but what did Sebok think he could beat there? At best he was a coin flip. Seems like an easy lay down for Sebok.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The all in with kj seems a little loose, but what did Sebok think he could beat there? At best he was a coin flip. Seems like an easy lay down for Sebok.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 07-08-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-08-2007, 07:37 PM

I would love to see Sebok play any of the people pickytooth listed
Old 07-08-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
alex jacob owns

[/ QUOTE ]

yah really..

nice post
Old 07-08-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
man, this theo tran seems a million times worse than sebok even. "isaac haxton's friends are even bigger hippies than he is, and they are gay"

nice one!

James

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah he was a pretty big douche. Some really bad player on day 2 got it all in vs Theos kings with A4 and as soon as he sees the cards he starts with the "omg A4.. idiot called me with A4 etc etc". Or calling a bluff with Ace high (pretty basic hand btw) then going to high five his buddies in the crowd. Jumping around like a schoolgirl the whole final table.

There was a bunch of other examples like this where he was pretty much classless at the table. I thought it was maybe his nerves because the money involved was allot for him but it seems that he's just an all around idiot.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:10 PM

re: the ace high bluff, i was watching that hand on the internet broadcast. when it went down i was 90%+ sure that theo was going to call with AK. then commentator says, "he can't call here on the river. he can only fold or raise." (what?!) anyway the reaction in the booth when he finally made the call was huge, when it seemed like a pretty easy call against a bluffbox like ike.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

I heard the story, the KJ play seems like a bad play. I heard the show, seems like Joe was just pissed, but what Theo said is what everyone should be upset about.

I'm new to this site, so I am very neutral to both sides (appears most on here are one-sided), but my question is: Is this Issac kid that much of a dick to have two pros come out after him like this??? I mean, I don't know who he is, but from what they are saying, it doesn't put him in a good light. That's whats so bad about this, for us who don't know this guy, we now picture him as a bad playing a-hole who sucksout all the time, when he could be coolest guy/best player in the world. That's where Joe/Theo made the mistake, judge his play not his character.

I haven't heard this much hate since Jamie Gold and maybe my mother when I was born.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

I heard the story, the KJ play seems like a bad play. I heard the show, seems like Joe was just pissed, but what Theo said is what everyone should be upset about.

I'm new to this site, so I am very neutral to both sides (appears most on here are one-sided), but my question is: Is this Issac kid that much of a dick to have two pros come out after him like this??? I mean, I don't know who he is, but from what they are saying, it doesn't put him in a good light. That's whats so bad about this, for us who don't know this guy, we now picture him as a bad playing a-hole who sucksout all the time, when he could be coolest guy/best player in the world. That's where Joe/Theo made the mistake, judge his play not his character.

I haven't heard this much hate since Jamie Gold and maybe my mother when I was born.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's pretty much one of the nicest guys at the table. Takes everything very lightly and never whines.