Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What Percentage of your Net Worth is it?
0-20% 41 23.56%
20-40% 13 7.47%
40-60% 23 13.22%
60-80% 16 9.20%
80-100% 11 6.32%
BASTARD 70 40.23%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Commercials that make you NOT buy the product

The Geico caveman commercials are hilarious. And that's saying a lot since I hate Geico anyway.

And yes, the Sonic, Head-on, and Dr. Scholl's commercials are terrible.

But the worst of the worst are any anti-drug commercials. Argh! Instant life tilt, and everytime I want to get [censored] up just on the general principal of it.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
west,

"El D, DVR is awesome, but some commercials are actually funny and a lot of shows, mainly sports, are better watched live."

I just figured by now everyone had a feel for exactly how long the commercial break is and went to the bathroom, got a snack, or channel surfed when watching sports or other live stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I definitely do this. I also like watching commercials once in a while if the break isn't too long.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Visa "cash is slow" commericals.

AEGRKJHGLDSKHSEF! Seriuosly TILT. I will never ever use a Visa check-card. NO CASH WILL NOT MESS UP YOUR PERFECT LITTLE LINE OF PRANCING SANDWICH BUYERS AND NO IT WILL NOT MAKE ME SWITCH TO NEW FAST FOOD PLACE.

/life tilt

[/ QUOTE ]

Second! I can help but go on a huge rant whenever I see these. They have absolutely no connection to reality. DO NOT BE ENOURAGING MORE DOUCHEBAGS TO MAKE UNDER 5 DOLLAR CHARGES ON THEIR DEBIT CARDS WHILE I AM IN LINE BEHIND THEM.

KJS
Old 08-17-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DO NOT BE ENOURAGING MORE DOUCHEBAGS TO MAKE UNDER 5 DOLLAR CHARGES ON THEIR DEBIT CARDS WHILE I AM IN LINE BEHIND THEM.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree the commercials are silly, but you apparently disagree with the basic premise, which surprises me. You think buying a pack of gum with cash and having the cashier make change is quicker than swiping a debit card?
Old 08-17-2007, 05:46 PM

any commercial that says something like this:

"i'm having a headache. i talked things over with my doctor...
and SHE said......"

you need a doctor to counsel you on ASPIRIN??
is it important that she's a she to this product somehow ??
Old 08-17-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My local newspaper's online edition used to have a video ad for an RV place that would pop-up everytime you bring up their page. The dude yelled "I'M TED, THE RV MAN.. BLAH BLAH BLAH..." I seriously wanted to bomb their RV lot every morning when I'd check the news. (There was no way to not have the ad show up)

They finally pulled that one and used a different guy, who whispered and said something like, "Ted's on vacation so we thought we'd remind you... blah blah blah..." At least they semi-acknowledged that Ted is an a**hole, but I wouldn't think of getting an RV from them because of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me that the commercial that used to run on MLB.tv for Right Guard, "Look...a Deer!!" would drive me nuts.
Man that was an annoying commercial that they would force you to watch every time you wanted to watch a game.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any commercial that says something like this:

"i'm having a headache. i talked things over with my doctor...
and SHE said......"

you need a doctor to counsel you on ASPIRIN??
is it important that she's a she to this product somehow ??

[/ QUOTE ]
Bitches are experts on getting headaches LDO.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DO NOT BE ENOURAGING MORE DOUCHEBAGS TO MAKE UNDER 5 DOLLAR CHARGES ON THEIR DEBIT CARDS WHILE I AM IN LINE BEHIND THEM.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree the commercials are silly, but you apparently disagree with the basic premise, which surprises me. You think buying a pack of gum with cash and having the cashier make change is quicker than swiping a debit card?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's seriously getting easy these days. Several times lately I've given some place my card for lunch, they swipe it, give it back to me, and I'm left standing there staring at them for the next step until they say something like "You are good. That's it." It is like a 5 second process these days for purchases that don't require signatures.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:07 PM

LFS,

"You think buying a pack of gum with cash and having the cashier make change is quicker than swiping a debit card?"

Every time at Whole Foods where people love to do that, first they swipe it wrong and stand there cluelessly until the cashier tells them they need to swipe again, then finally they swipe it right, then they stand there cluelessly until the cashier tells them they need to hit the green button, then finally it's done. Cash def faster.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You think buying a pack of gum with cash and having the cashier make change is quicker than swiping a debit card?

[/ QUOTE ]
If both parties are not completely [censored] retarded then yes. Unfortunately the chances of both the sales assistant and the customer not being [censored] retarded are ridiculously low.

Anyone who takes more than 20 seconds at the till after their [censored] is rung up tilts me to [censored]. Or people who pay their electricity bills there and take like 5 minutes. That's so [censored] [censored]. Get a [censored] bank account or something wtf. Also bad are the people who just move really slowly away, slowly slowly rotating on the spot before hobbling away from the till instead of utilising pace, what gives?

Sorry to derail the thread into a bitch about queueing but I'm british and this [censored] ain't on.