Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Re: 500k VPP mark reached

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah,

Stars is so cool that I'm sure they'll offer you more than the 1M equivalent. Another off-topic idea is to sell your services to other players that can't quite reach SNE, SN, or whatever level they're trying to get to.

For Example: Player A is on track to get 825k VIPs this year. Since those extra 175k are worth the $30k of SNE bonuses, you could play on their account and split the extra dough. Of course, there are only a few specific scenarios where this would be profitable for you since your opportunity cost of 5x FPPs is quite high. I've got 250k VPPs right now and should make SNE on my own, but if not I may be inquiring about your "services". Just food for thought!

-BK

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet Stars will absolutely love this idea.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:29 AM

joe thats so sick man congrats, how many hours a day do u put in if u dont mind me asking? You must have the work ethic that Id really like to have. Would luv to see updates man.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:57 AM

lol @ this, i reached GOLD STATUS TODAY!!
Old 03-21-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah,

Stars is so cool that I'm sure they'll offer you more than the 1M equivalent. Another off-topic idea is to sell your services to other players that can't quite reach SNE, SN, or whatever level they're trying to get to.

For Example: Player A is on track to get 825k VIPs this year. Since those extra 175k are worth the $30k of SNE bonuses, you could play on their account and split the extra dough. Of course, there are only a few specific scenarios where this would be profitable for you since your opportunity cost of 5x FPPs is quite high. I've got 250k VPPs right now and should make SNE on my own, but if not I may be inquiring about your "services". Just food for thought!

-BK

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet Stars will absolutely love this idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats true, but the opportunity cost of the 5x FPPs is high and I would rather just deal honorably with stars and hope they do the same with me (By making 2m VPPs a new VIP level called BigjoeNova)
Old 03-21-2007, 04:32 AM

1.) Whats your hourly rate?
2.) ??????
3.) Profit??
Old 03-23-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
desdia,

didn't we have a conversation about you having to behave if you wanted to stay unbanned? yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have behaved. I can't help if people like Z32 can't help [ one ] person declining to sing his praises or bigjoe not knowing the difference between someone really hating and someone merely pointing out that it will take him another 1 1/2 years (with the availability and toughness) of the games to achieve 3 million VPPs.

While your ban of me was foul, I bet you didn't lift one finger to censor/silence bigjoe when he said he was going to get a license plate that said 'DesBlows' (I think he said it twice and probably didn't get a PM about it), yet I get a ban for trolling STTF when my original post never contained any hate toward bigjoe at all.

I bet you didn't lift a finger when wpr101 called me a moron, yet I never called anyone in this thread a name but I get banned for trolling STTF. One of the main problems that I've always had with mods in this forum is that y'all let alot of things/comments toward me slide from people like Yugo, bones, bigjoe, or Travesty Fund but the littlest thing from me can be misconstrued as 'hating' or causing a problem and I get banned for trolling.

Even in this thread, you have a former poster turned current mod (wiggs73) jumping in with the whole desdia_flight_risk creating an environment for more hysteria and trolling, yet where's the justice in that. He's a mod, he's supposed to be policing the forum. Did you ban him or give him a stern warning? No, I'm sure you all got a kick out of it. Somehow, you think banning me gets rid of me and prevents me from speaking my opinion and it doesn't (and it never has). I've been here and will always be here. Relish my week ban if you want, but I've enjoyed all of 2+2 this week anyway.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling out Newt_Buggs, FJ, and Travestyfund is really reducing your credibility in general. They are probably 3 of the nicest guys around. After all, who could open the door of a room in the Bellagio, see all of Apathy, and just shrug it off like NewtBuggs.

[/ QUOTE ]

You say this as if I care or if I've even had credibility in your eyes, anyway. Out of the aforementioned, I like Jcard, but despite that, he hasn't cut it on Stars. This has nothing to do with credibility.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:22 AM

Des,
How many accounts do you have?
Old 03-23-2007, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Desdia,
Please just admit you are jealous because when you were 22 you couldn't make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, and I'm not jealous now. It's funny how y'all got jealousy out of this thread. It's also funny how I don't hate on players like Samo, Jman28, durrr, etc in HSNL who play the game that peaks my interest (NL cash) and who make wayyyy more than bigjoe and z32 but I'm not jealous of them.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No, players like Z32, Newt_Buggs, and FieryJ (although I like Jon) or even TravestyFund.

[/ QUOTE ]

just over a year ago, when i lived with travestyfund, he had about 300 bucks online and was pretty clueless. fwiw, he won a 1k mtt in LA for over 150k, and has been beating 2-4 to 5-10 NL over 150k hands for 5ptbb. 12 tabling. hes very solid, and is turning into QUITE a player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only talking about SNGs on Stars, rap, and I know about his MTT win.