Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is more fitting of the title 'King of BBV'?
aba20 71 76.34%
ggbman 22 23.66%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Re: StarCraft 2 - Announced May 19th?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wc3 was not a very good game. new and flashy features do not make the game good and balanced.

[/ QUOTE ]
As good as SC? Maybe not. But you don't make a very good argument here. It got positive reviews from almost every site I've seen, I know several people who played it non-stop for a very long time, and it felt very well balanced to me. Why don't you actually tell us what was wrong with the game instead of just shooting it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not make an argument at all, all i said that the game wasnt very good and that it was VERY unblanced.

Each race had 1/2 strats which you had to do, otherwise you would lose the match.
I played it for a long time and the game had big flaws with it. The heroes did not work at all:/ too overpowered.
the races themselfs created big unblances and all patches did was switch which race was overpowered at the time.

My point was that all the new features which WC3 had did not make it better. It's what the game had in common with warcraft2 made it good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but you are wrong, every race has always had a hell of a lot more than 1/2 strats. There were times where some strats were too easy (mass hunters, etc.) to do well with and they were nerfed. But no serious player ever used those strats because they had easy simple counters.

And the Hero mechanic is a personal thing I find. It makes the game much more open, discourages turtling and rewards better micro. If you don't like those things in your RTS you won't like the mechanic.

Saying WC3 was very unbalanced is insane, it wasn't as perfectly balanced as Starcraft and used more of a hard counter approach but compared to every other RTS ever released it was very well balanced.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:46 PM

sorry I havent played the game for a while

When frozen throne was released I played for a year after. At that time the game was still not close to balanced. One can only play unbalanced game so much :/ I did not know that they finally balanced the game sorry.

[ QUOTE ]
There were times where some strats were too easy

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know this period lasted from the games initial release until i stopped playing a year after FTs release.

Maybe I sucked, or dont rememebr much form wc3, but you did not have my choice in unit selection when you played. I rememebr watching numerous tillerman replays and most of the time he did the same exact thing over and over again
Old 05-19-2007, 07:47 PM

WC3 UMS > SC UMS. That's all that matters. DOTA > WC3.

Hopefully SC2 will allow even better UMS, if not.... the game will suck. There would be no way someone as white as me can win a game.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:58 PM

bluef0x,

Did you play the LoTR or WW(diplomacy) maps in UMS on SC/BW?? Those were the most fun things to do in anygame and pulled me away from Melee. I think those were much better on SC than War3. I'm curious on which UMS maps you played.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hopefully SC2 will allow even better UMS, if not.... the game will suck. There would be no way someone as white as me can win a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will likely only buy the game if the UMS features are good.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will likely only buy the game if the UMS features are good.

[/ QUOTE ]

They will be, both SC and WC3 world editors were amazing. And I suspect with the take off of DOTA that Blizzard will be focusing even more on the world editor this time around.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bluef0x,

Did you play the LoTR or WW(diplomacy) maps in UMS on SC/BW?? Those were the most fun things to do in anygame and pulled me away from Melee. I think those were much better on SC than War3. I'm curious on which UMS maps you played.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't like LOTR, since there was basically no strategy. It's a horde you're units and build the castle when you get a gas map.

Diplomacy and the WWII maps were much better. Loved em. I also loved the original matrix, that took a while to actually get teammates and beat.

Mario Party was fun. Vulture Tag was insane with friends that knew how to play.

Lots of quality SC UMS. The fast gameplay led to a lot of super-fun UMS.

WC3 has better defenses and DOTA. But I think it's lacking in fun little games. Enfos, Dota, Uther's Party, and defense maps are all it has.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would always join 7v1s and turn on everyone after the comp was killed off. That was always a ton of fun. Anyone else do this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I joined these precisely to try to kill players who did this. Sometimes I get them, and it feels great. Sometimes everyone else thinks you are the backstabber, and everyone else you are trying to save kills you, but then the real backstabbers kill them off.

[/ QUOTE ]

AHAHA this was my play too ROFL
Old 05-20-2007, 12:36 AM

heros were great for the mods but i didnt like them much in the actual maps. speaking of mods i love those almost as much as the actual game.

its best to keep it with just 3 teams because the balance can be done so much better that way. like paper rock scissors i just cant see it with more than 3 choices. One of the few RTS games were an expert can go random against other players and actually have an advantage if he can play well with all 3 races regardless of what the match up ends being. cracklings + defiler FTW though
Old 05-20-2007, 12:57 AM

THis is going to be awesome!! I'm so excited. Talk about it is everywhere. This is probably the most anticipated game of all time! Let's hope it's as good as the first eh?

http://www.starcraft2forum.org