Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Tim Hardaway: \"I hate gay people.\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm laughing at the idiots that think they are so hot that gay guys they'd shower with would stare at them lustfully. lol, get a clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact you can't even see the real argument indicates what an idiot you are.

Once again, have you even read the thread? Has anyone actually said that?

Turn the situation around. Say you have a 100% lesbian woman. She should shower with heterosexual men and not feel self conscious at all? I mean, she's not interested in them, so no big deal right? Alot if not most lesbian women would be VERY uncomfortable in this situation.

Does that make her an "idiot" for thinking she's "so hot" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

So, wait.

Straight guys can't shower with straight women.
Straight guys can't shower with gay women.
Gay guys can't shower with straight women.

So, I guess this means we should have 4 sets of showers? Segregate out the straights from the gays and the men from the women?

But, wait, since straight men should have the right to shower without feeling like they are being "checked out", shouldn't gay men? And since we can't put the gay men with any women in the shower (bet it straight or gay), I guess we actually need group showers for straight men and straight women, and individual private showers for any gay men or gay women, you know, so everyone's right to not be checked out or be uncomfortable is upheld.

Did I finally figure it out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care if we have one set of showers, but people can probably shower at different times, you know. It's not that difficult.

Your tone indicates that you think it is ridiculous for straight men not to want to shower with gay men.

Do you also think it's ridiculous for men and women to have separate showers? Are women silly if they don't want to share the shower with men?

Is anyone going to answer this question?
Old 02-16-2007, 12:41 PM

DrewDevil,

Your analogy with men showering in women's locker rooms does not work. The reason that women find it uncomfortable to have men showering in their locker rooms stems from hundreds of years of pervasive male sexual violence towards women and hundreds of years of objectification of women by men. This creates an atmosphere in which it is very uncomfortable for women to be placed in these types of situations with men. There is no such history of pervasive homosexual male sexual violence on heterosexual men.

Also DrewDevil, your claim is that you would be uncomfortable with someone viewing you in a sexual manner when 1) you were doing something you consider not sexual and 2) you were not attracted to that person. Is that fair to say?

Let's say that someone took a picture of you streching for an atheltic event, but the pose resembled a sexual pose. Then some homosexual man (or woman you would not want to sleep with) made a crude sexaul comment based on that picture. This is something that woudl really bother you right?

Here is Drew Devils response to a picture of Sharapova bending over while streching.

[ QUOTE ]
Mmm... nice. All I would need is a couple of phone books to stand on and a pair of medical scissors...

[/ QUOTE ]

It is near the bottom of this thread

That is the type of behavior that you would make you uncomfortable?
Old 02-16-2007, 12:41 PM

Actually anyone is allowed to shower with anyone they want, but shouldn't be required to by their job.

And gays are the small minority here, society should not have to bend over (haha) backwards to accommodate them. They should be the ones to compromise, not straights.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually anyone is allowed to shower with anyone they want, but shouldn't be required to by their job.

And gays are the small minority here, society should not have to bend over (haha) backwards to accommodate them. They should be the ones to compromise, not straights.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the NBA requires players to shower?
Old 02-16-2007, 12:43 PM

has anyone mentioned the killer cross-over yet?
Old 02-16-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, wait.

Straight guys can't shower with straight women.
Straight guys can't shower with gay women.
Gay guys can't shower with straight women.

So, I guess this means we should have 4 sets of showers? Segregate out the straights from the gays and the men from the women?

But, wait, since straight men should have the right to shower without feeling like they are being "checked out", shouldn't gay men? And since we can't put the gay men with any women in the shower (bet it straight or gay), I guess we actually need group showers for straight men and straight women, and individual private showers for any gay men or gay women, you know, so everyone's right to not be checked out or be uncomfortable is upheld.

Did I finally figure it out?

[/ QUOTE ]

CM,

They pretty much legitimized these complaints when they originally created separate bathrooms for men & women. I'm not sure what the answer is, but until society decides we can get rid of separate bathrooms for men & women, I don't see how anyone can say the same shouldn't apply where gays are concerned.

Society is so screwed up. It's been decided in numerous places that a person has a "right" to not have to be annoyed by someone's cigarette smoke and it's a "right" to not be called hateful names. But being able to shower w/o being ogled is not a legitimate concern.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:50 PM

DrewDevil,

You and UATrewqaz must be some hot pieces of man-ass whose gaydar goes through the roof in communal showers, if this thread is any indication.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DrewDevil,

You and UATrewqaz must be some hot pieces of man-ass whose gaydar goes through the roof in communal showers, if this thread is any indication.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely, but that's not the point. I don't PERSONALLY have a problem with showering with gay men, but I can understand that some men would... and I don't think those men are idiots, or ignorant, or insane, or virulent homophobes.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DrewDevil,

Your analogy with men showering in women's locker rooms does not work. The reason that women find it uncomfortable to have men showering in their locker rooms stems from hundreds of years of pervasive male sexual violence towards women and hundreds of years of objectification of women by men. This creates an atmosphere in which it is very uncomfortable for women to be placed in these types of situations with men. There is no such history of pervasive homosexual male sexual violence on heterosexual men.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you just make this up? Where did you conclude this? Do you just feel this way in your heart?

Even if there were no history of sexualized violence and "objectification of women", etc., I think a lot of women would still be uncomfortable showering with men. Why? Because they know that men... who are sexually attracted to women... would be checking out their bodies in the shower!

No, it's not the worst violation in the world, but it is a legitimate concern.

[ QUOTE ]
Also DrewDevil, your claim is that you would be uncomfortable with someone viewing you in a sexual manner when 1) you were doing something you consider not sexual and 2) you were not attracted to that person. Is that fair to say?

Let's say that someone took a picture of you streching for an atheltic event, but the pose resembled a sexual pose. Then some homosexual man (or woman you would not want to sleep with) made a crude sexaul comment based on that picture. This is something that woudl really bother you right?

Here is Drew Devils response to a picture of Sharapova bending over while streching.

[ QUOTE ]
Mmm... nice. All I would need is a couple of phone books to stand on and a pair of medical scissors...

[/ QUOTE ]

It is near the bottom of this thread

That is the type of behavior that you would make you uncomfortable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly I make crude sexual comments on this, an internet message board that is, I am fairly certain, unread by Ms. Sharapova.

Clearly I would not make the same comment to Ms. Sharapova, were I actually standing behind her while she was bending over in this way.

If I were in Ms. Sharapova's presence and making such comments to her, she would have every right to be uncomfortable and to have me removed, don't you agree?

I hope you can see the difference between lewd comments on an internet board and standing naked in a shower with someone who is checking you out in a sexual way.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly I make crude sexual comments on this, an internet message board that is, I am fairly certain, unread by Ms. Sharapova.

Clearly I would not make the same comment to Ms. Sharapova, were I actually standing behind her while she was bending over in this way.

If I were in Ms. Sharapova's presence and making such comments to her, she would have every right to be uncomfortable and to have me removed, don't you agree?

I hope you can see the difference between lewd comments on an internet board and standing naked in a shower with someone who is checking you out in a sexual way.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you pose for pics like THESE, and allow them to be posted on the Internet then I think you're just going to have to deal with lewd comments on message boards.