Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Well, Florida, how did the first day of NL/$5limit games treat you

so why are some people saying that money plays and some not? what is the rule on that? does money play at any 1-2 or 2-5 tables?
Old 07-04-2007, 02:56 PM

i have played several hundred hours at jckc and im well known there. i might know this guy. can you give me a description please. i stated in a florida thread a long time ago that the players at jckc were the worst i have ever seen in my life at least for limit. i can only imagine how bad they are at no-limit. i stated that jckc was gonna use a time rake and that really sucks. they have not updated their website yet so i wonder if they are gonna change their hours. i wont be able to play there till two weekends from today.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:58 PM

Tampa Greyhound has gotten rid of timed rake for their no limit games at the request of the players.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tampa Greyhound has gotten rid of timed rake for their no limit games at the request of the players.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are there a decent number of people playing there? I was told they spread a $3/5 limit game (I'm still too much of a wuss for NL), but I was there around 11:30am and they only had enough people for one NL table.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:32 PM

My first chance to play was last night. Played at JCKC in N. FL. Buy in was $105 (extra $5 so you still are playing with $100 after paying the time drop.) Drop was $5/half hour and no jackpot rake. Blinds are 1/2. The play was better then I thought it would be. This room is in the middle of nowhere and I don't think to many people knew about the limit changes so I think on the weekend when all the donks show up to play the tournament the action will be great. Anyways first session for FL NL was a win of $216 for about 6 hours of play.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:43 PM

I played at the Palm Beach Kennel Club this afternoon and its one of the better rooms around. I got there about 12:30 and was able to sit at a 1/2NL table that was just starting. Bought in for the max $100 as did the majority of the table. Also, the play was 9-handed, whereas some places like the Isle usually sits 10-handed. Folded about every hand for the first half hour and then picked up AQ off and raised to $10 after 3 limpers. All called and the flop came Q J 8 rainbow. I bet $25 UTG and bigger stack min-raises to $50. Donk next to him calls $50 and I call for $25 more. Turn is a 7 and I push for $31. Raiser folds after speech and donk quick calls and tables K 7. River is a blank and I rake in a pot of $250. I have no clue while he called the $50 on the flop other than the fact that he was there to gambool it up! Played for another 20 minutes and left up $140. Play was horrible aside from two decent guys. The place was crowded and beginning to get packed as I left. As mentioned before, room has 40 cash game tables downstairs and 20 tourney tables upstairs. Aside from the Isle and the Seminole places its probably your best bet in South Florida. People play just as bad as they did at 1/2 Limit, but now you can really punish them. I'll probably be back there this weekend. Good Times!
Old 07-04-2007, 03:58 PM

Only $100 bills play as paper currency in NL games at the Tampa Hard Rock
Old 07-04-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so why are some people saying that money plays and some not? what is the rule on that? does money play at any 1-2 or 2-5 tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only $100 bills play as paper currency in NL games at the Tampa Hard Rock
Old 07-04-2007, 04:54 PM

Default HERE COME THE PROS!

Fellas ... it's getting so good, the pros are coming!

I went to The Isle in Pompano again this afternoon and sat in at a 1/2 NL table that was milquetoast. I made $25 in two hours of torture. My only big win was flopping a pair of kings and making an old man pay for drawing to his flush.

Anyway, one of the managers in the room told me that he's buds with one of the people running the WSOP. That friend told him that a lot of the pros are coming to Florida after the WSOP is over to cash in on the loose/dumb play at the Hard Rocks in Tampa and Hollywood. High-stakes players, you've been warned.

There is also talk of satellite SNGs to their $350 weekly. Talk to them about it if you go there so we can drum it up. Those tourneys should be easy pickings.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:06 PM

I don't post there anymore, but the site is still around. There is hardly any action there, though.