Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who are the Top 5 SNG players in the World? Have to of played 1k 215s+ to Answer )
1. Good2cu (ShipItHolla, OkemosGod) 5 4.27%
2. Z23fanatic (rosekto/herpes4l1fe) 15 12.82%
3. Bigjoe (bigjoe, newt_buggins) 12 10.26%
4. Newt (Idiotluxbox) 13 11.11%
5. Majorpolk (MyPlayground2) 1 0.85%
6. Deuce2High (pwnasaurusx, hezaquick1) 5 4.27%
7. Curtains 9 7.69%
8. JohnnyBax 2 1.71%
9. Sheets 0 0%
10. GregRaymer(Fossilman) 2 1.71%
11. BonafoneX(Billy4inc, Pwhap) 6 5.13%
12. Raptor517 (Raptor517, PinkRazor etc.) 8 6.84%
13. Gramps (Burrito4me) 7 5.98%
14. Scrubs 0 0%
15. The_Dry 4 3.42%
16. FireyJustice (JCardShark, Gormos, XxtabiasXX) 5 4.27%
17. Zeejustin (50+ Screen names) 3 2.56%
18. Gigabet (40% ROI!! LOL) 4 3.42%
19. Daniel Alei 2 1.71%
20. Jman28 (Sassypants) 1 0.85%
21. Shannon Shorr (Bluff4Rent) 2 1.71%
22. Noodleman 3 2.56%
23. Phil Ivey 0 0%
Other 5 4.27%
Other 3 2.56%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Official \"it\'s not too early to start talking about Fantasy Footba

Ya, his value has def dropped off this year. I should have said "Everyone thinks he gets hurt which is why in past years I've gotten him in the third round."

I didn't mean to say he's my third round pick this year or that he has value. That should have been clearer, I guess.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Official \"it\'s not too early to start talking about Fantasy Footba

I was gonna post this in its own thread before I found this gem of a thread. What publications are the best for researching Draft Lists? Or do you guys recommend making your own? I have always just bought a mag and loosely went off of it for my drafts, but this year I would like to nail my draft! Thanks for the help and any other advice in advance!
Old 07-25-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm running a Yahoo private league that needs 2 more managers. PM if interested. No money involved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just 1 spot left! PM if interested.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:08 PM

My league's draft order just became official and I pick 9th out of 10. It's a PPR league and we start two QBs.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:11 AM

10 Team Yahoo League Standard Scoring
Pos are: QB,WR,WR,RB,RB,TE,W/T,W/R,K,DEF,6 Bench

What adjustments should I be making in this kind fo draft? I have a feeling I should definitely wait on the QB pick and grab someone at the end and try to pick up 3 stud RBs asap, but what else?
Old 07-27-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
10 Team Yahoo League Standard Scoring
Pos are: QB,WR,WR,RB,RB,TE,W/T,W/R,K,DEF,6 Bench

What adjustments should I be making in this kind fo draft? I have a feeling I should definitely wait on the QB pick and grab someone at the end and try to pick up 3 stud RBs asap, but what else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably wouldn't bother drafting a defense and a kicker. Just pick those up on waivers and try to use the late rounds to take high-risk picks that could pan out like Eli Manning did for me in the 15th round and Mike Anderson in the 16th in 2005.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:19 PM

Just draft DEF and K in the last 2 rounds.
Unless its a league with a lot of trading, drafting none doesn't make much sense.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:32 PM

Was bored this afternoon waiting for Phillies game to start so I joined a Yahoo public league with a live draft for practice. This is only my second year playing fantasy, and I botched my 2 drafts pretty badly in spots last year. I think this draft when really well, with alot of luck, but give me some feedback and I'll add some comments. I picked second in a 10 team draft. Start QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, TE, K, D

1. (2) RB - Stephen Jackson - StL
2. (19) RB - Travis Henry - Den
3. (22) WR - Chad Johnson - Cin
4. (39) WR - Lee Evans - Buf
5. (42) QB - Donovan McNabb - QB
6. (59) WR - Darrell Jackson - SFO
7. (62) WR - Laverneus Coles - NYJ
8. (79) RB - Brandon Jacobs - NYG
9. (82) RB - Marion Barber III - Dal
10. (99) TE - Kellen Winslow - Cle
11. (102) QB - Jay Cutler - Den
12. (119) RB - Brandon Jackson - GB
13. (122) D - Philadelphia
14. (139) RB - Lendale White - Ten
15. (142) K - Josh Scobee - Jac

First off, the first 4 rounds seem standard. Travis Henry and Chad dropping seem like gifts, even though Shanahan has a habit of [censored] me.

I'm not as high on McNabb as some. I think he could put up some sick, sick numbers, but I don't think his coming back healthy is as given as some here seem to assume. Either way, a fifth seemed like a good gamble on him.

DJax seems like a good 3rd WR. The 7th round is my first question comes in. I was considering picking Kitna up here in case McNabb falls through. Even with McNabb healthy, a combo would Kitna would be very solid. Two of my WRs share a bye in week 6 though, and Laverneus Coles was still available which seemed like great value, so I picked him up. Kitna was taken very next pick, did I make a solid choice here?

Rounds 8 and 9 I pick up Jacobs and Barber. I probably already have the best RB duo, but the value seemed too great. It ended up not mattering, but I have a question about the order. In the 8th, Lynch, Jacobs, and Barber were available. Both Lynch and Jacobs shared a bye with one of my starting RBs, so I considered taking Barber since his bye was round 8, even though I had him ranked lower. I ended up going best player available (IMO), but should I have taken Barber to make sure I had a solid RB for a bye week?

Winslow in 10th seemed ok, quality TEs were running out. Witten, Heath Miller, Desmond Clark, and Greg Olsen were the only TEs taken after Winslow. This seemed like a steal since Winslow was one of the top 5 TEs last year.

11, picked up Cutler. I felt really solid on RBs and WRs, and I needed someone in case McNabb bombs. It was down to Favre, Cutler, and Losman. It was a tough decision for me, but I went with Cutler

12 and 14, I added to my already solid stable of RBs. There didn't seem to be much value elsewhere, and if nothing else I was hoping these guys could give me some trading power down the road. I wouldn't mind a 5th WR, but only players like Furrey, Matt Jones, Jerry Porter, etc were left. Actually, Joe Horn was left as well, and I probably should have taken him instead of Philly in the 12th.

Overall, I've never really carried backups for TE and D, which seems to be the consensus here. I try to pick up more quality backups for RB, WR, and QB instead since they tend to be easier to predict
Old 07-29-2007, 03:33 PM

winslow had microfracture surgery in the offseason.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:09 PM

Jesus dude. That's a pretty sick draft, IMO.

EDIT: I pick Favre out of the 3 QBs you debated on, but Cutler is fine too.