Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Another stupid ethics question

[ QUOTE ]
Dali,

I'll get back to your post in a bit, but I'm 39, not 19. Not that that really matters here.

[/ QUOTE ]
When talking about things that have a strong basis in experience, it does matter. In your case, apparently not. For some reason I thought I'd heard you were like 24, but whatever. You're still wrong if you think my insult was any worse/more out of bounds than the ones I am receiving.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand how people grow up to the ripe old age of 30-whatever (or however old daliman is) without learning to understand and/or process basic social interactions

[/ QUOTE ]

This is like social interaction for children. IRL, I have a very good personality. I still don't take crap from anyone, but funny how face to face, people are just nowhere near as hateful as online.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Actually, I guess much of this whole deal stems from the fact that I am arguing ethics, morals, social values, etc, with a bunch of people whose average age is about 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pulling the age trump card? Your being old just means you've spent a lot of time on this earth being a moron.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand how people grow up to the ripe old age of 30-whatever (or however old daliman is) without learning to understand and/or process basic social interactions

[/ QUOTE ]

This is like social interaction for children. IRL, I have a very good personality. I still don't take crap from anyone, but funny how face to face, people are just nowhere near as hateful as online.

[/ QUOTE ]

no duh daliman, this is like internet 101.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even though every other friend I asked about it said "of course, I'd give you it back".

[/ QUOTE ]

who are these friends? do they play poker and therefore understand what happened? if they are friends of yours and play poker, then i would imagine they might use 2+2? could a few of them post in this thread pls?

[/ QUOTE ]

Skipolo, Wicked Evil, who plays 30-60 to 100-200 limit on Stars and FT, and a few other guys that don't happen to post on here. Gee, I wonder why.

As I stated before, I have had numerous occasions where I had autpost on, someone who didn't know me from Adam sat down, it posted, I saw who it was, told them I didn't care to play them heads up, and they gave me my blind back, ( or I gave them their $10 back) and were on their way. I consider it on the basest level at least a professional courtesy that I myself have extended many times, and I am rarely disappointed.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even though every other friend I asked about it said "of course, I'd give you it back".

[/ QUOTE ]

who are these friends? do they play poker and therefore understand what happened? if they are friends of yours and play poker, then i would imagine they might use 2+2? could a few of them post in this thread pls?

[/ QUOTE ]

Skipolo, Wicked Evil, who plays 30-60 to 100-200 limit on Stars and FT, and a few other guys that don't happen to post on here. Gee, I wonder why.

As I stated before, I have had numerous occasions where I had autpost on, someone who didn't know me from Adam sat down, it posted, I saw who it was, told them I didn't care to play them heads up, and they gave me my blind back, ( or I gave them their $10 back) and were on their way. I consider it on the basest level at least a professional courtesy that I myself have extended many times, and I am rarely disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

this again shows cts did nothing wrong. the fact that you hav e autopost on means you realize that ANYONE taht sits down with you, if you leave autopost on, will begin to play you heads up. if you say AFTERWARDS, AFTER you have posted your blind, that you "dont want to play them heads up", fine you can sit out. that doesnt mean they're obligated to give you your blind back, as you yourself autoposted and should realize the possible consequences that come from autoposting.

to not only expect people to understand your skewed point of view, but to expect them to PAY YOUR BLIND BACK which you voluntarily gave up, is ridiculous.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:27 AM

cts even said no TWICE. and you STILL INSISTED on posting yet again expecting him to give your blind back. cts made no agreement whatsoever to repay you, nor did he realize that you expected him to pay you back, GIVEN THAT HE SAID NO VERY CLEARLY.

this is most definitely in your fault if you expected him to pay you back, not only once, but twice.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:28 AM

how you can even ARGUE that this is ANY WAY not your fault, daliman, just shows your basic stubbornness, immaturity in the face of overwhelming logic and reason, and general stupidity in regards to common sense and reasonable values in the poker world.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:30 AM

i tried to make my replies look like they were trolling you because you seem to focus on "trollish" posts rather than any of the ones trying to quietly reason with your asslike stubbornness
Old 01-18-2007, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Actually, I guess much of this whole deal stems from the fact that I am arguing ethics, morals, social values, etc, with a bunch of people whose average age is about 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pulling the age trump card? Your being old just means you've spent a lot of time on this earth being a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well researched response, sir. Yes, the people who hate me for the misdeeds I have done them IRL are legion.