Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 04:10 AM

Default Re: ***** November LC Thread *****

Check out that thread by Nicho.

I'd probably play it the same way as in that thread. Call flop, raise turn.

In this case he checks, so I'd fire out like 350-375. Turn bet is too small.

If this guy were less aggro/inclined to bluff, I would probably 3-bet flop because you're so deep. You could probably even do it here, but I just think he bluffs way too often here.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:32 AM

I did the regress to bad poker thinking thing that I occasionally (read: all the f-ing time) do:

"OMG I have AA and it's a low flop and he's betting. I'll bet small so he will raise and I will dance victoriously"

I actually thought this, thought without the OMG and the dancing.

I figured he was blufftastic enough to at least minreraise me. I think he would have too, if he was on overs. But he had a caught a piece and was therefore passive-ized.

Unrelated sidenote: I think that showing bluffs is ok if and only if you type "BLUFFGASM!" into the chatbox.

[I seriously can't believe I find to be so hilarious. Yet there it is.]
Old 11-05-2007, 01:37 PM

Yea another thing is, he's going to bluff so often with overs on this type of flop, that you can't automatically think "an overcard on turn will scare him." If you have like TT here, 3-bet flop, but if this guy has like Q8 and the turn is a K, I don't think much stops him from getting it in (as per how you described him, not results wise).
Old 11-05-2007, 03:24 PM

Settle down guys. I said I was taking a few day break, not quitting out-right. Started two years ago and haven't quit yet.

Got a new stake this morning, so I guess I'm back for more [censored] in the face.

PokerCurious: I find those LAG [censored] faces aggravating as hell. I love it when they show their "bluff" after you lay down 73o. The only thing to remember is that they are playing for ego reasons. The fact that they believe poker is about "out-playing" you is their biggest down fall. The biggest thing to remember is that their balls are bigger than their eyes. If you build a large pot, they will be that much more inclined to bluff it. You will find your most profitable situations calling these morons with middle pair and such because they will shove any pot over 800. I hope that explains my thoughts on that hand.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:45 PM

Why do they never seem to brick in these situations?!?!?

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $235.50
BB: $236.50

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $18</font>, Hero calls $12

Flop: ($36) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $29</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $90</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $217.50 and is All-In</font>, <u>BB calls $127.50</u>

Turn: ($471) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($471) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $471 Pot ($0.50 Rake)
Hero showed 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pair, Nines and Fives) and LOST (-$235.50 NET)
BB showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a flush, Queen high) and WON $470.50 (+$235 NET)

And a few hands later:

BB: $230.50
Hero (SB): $911

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $230.50 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $224.50

Flop: ($461) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: ($461) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($461) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $461 Pot ($0.50 Rake)
BB showed 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a full house, Fives full of Aces) and WON $460.50 (+$230 NET)
Hero showed J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Jacks) and LOST (-$230.50 NET)

I can't really complain, I made like 2-3 buyins off the guy, but it certainly wasn't the 7-8 it should have been.

This last hand just boggles my mind completely:

Reads: This was early in the match... I know he floated a TON, which is why I checked turn since it was a good card for him to bluff at and for me to ship it in.

SB: $240.50
Hero (BB): $208.50

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">SB raises to $7</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20</font>, SB calls $13

Flop: ($40) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $29</font>, SB calls $29

Turn: ($98) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, SB checks

River: ($98) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $60</font>, Hero calls $60

Results: $218 Pot ($0.50 Rake)
SB showed 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Queens and Nines) and WON $217.50 (+$108.50 NET)
Hero mucked Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Queens) and LOST (-$109 NET)
Old 11-05-2007, 06:54 PM

Line check, $11 NLTRN.

Villain's loose and has been raising pf a good bit. Not a lot, but more than a normal 11er, probably around a third of the time. I haven't called any of his pf raises, so I don't know how he cbets. Neither of us has shown down many hands. The only big hand that's gone to showdown was a big bluff he just tried that doubled me up (crai with K3s on a 999 board, my 22 is good). This is a few hands later, he seems a bit tilted.

Sorry about doing it freehand, converter keeps wanking out [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Effective stacks 1300. Blinds 30/60.

He raises to 180, I call in the BB w/ 33.

Flop comes 962r.

I check, he bets 360, I shove.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:55 PM

Shove PF.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shove PF.

[/ QUOTE ]
I almost did, but I thought about what you said on that other 33 hand about "shove if you have fold equity". For some reason, I didn't think I had any.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:08 PM

Really? I bank this guy is going to call with a large range.

I just checked and 33 is my 4th biggest loser, the only pp I am losing with. I guess I don't have many sets hold up with it.

Is it better to race than set mine with this hand if you are sure villain may be tilty and call with stuff like K8 etc?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:26 PM

If he's raising 33% of hands 3x PF you should have enough fold equity to shove. If you don't then you're going to have to adjust your shoving range and open up with medium kings and Ax hands.