bet/3b 5 41.67%
check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-26-2007, 06:18 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Now, Devin, I don't like the check/call flop as much as a raise, because we are going to hate an over on the turn. As I said, I like the line with QQ. With the Villain's stack size, we are going to feel obligated to check/call again with pretty much any turn and JJ is just not going to hold up often enough.

So, that's why I like a lead on the flop. Can you explain what you like about the JJ check/call line?

[/ QUOTE ]

The hand in question is a pretty good example; you've gotten AK to bluff off the rest of his stack, which is a pretty sweet outcome for you. Getting people who c-bet all the time to c-bet here with 6 outs is a pretty sweet situation for you. EDIT: For this reason, I will frequently c-bet a little less with AK here than I would with a whiffed suited connector or small pair, particularly on boards that look
inviting for small hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is very interesting hand Al. Funny that it's found in STTF. I guess we have Suzzer to thank for that. Anyway...

As played, is Hero check/folding on a A-Q turn?

Assume Villain checked behind, turn is A-Q. Hero?
Old 01-26-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, that's why I like a lead on the flop. Can you explain what you like about the JJ check/call line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, without being results oriented, I like the c/c line because of exactly the way the hand played. We got AK to bluff off his stack.

The only reason I see to lead this flop is if you think the villain is A) re-raising you light preflop and B) giving you action with hands like AT, 89, 99, etc.

However, readless, you have to assume a tight range and it is questionable whether AT or 99 are in his range. So, betting is not for value. It's a bluff.

If villain is deeper this hand becomes much more interesting IMO. This is because by flat calling the flop, we are not concerned with having to make difficult turn and river calls. If no A/K/Q falls on the turn, it's an easy call and the end of our decision making.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A) re-raising you light preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

If AK, AQ, and 99/88 are light, then yes that's why I would lead. But...I think I just talked myself into check/calling. Though I wish I had QQ when I was doing it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

NH Al, Devin and Gump.

edit - oops, obv not TT
Old 01-26-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically I'd like to thank a few people for helping me out in cash....
1.) FutureDoc79- Wow this guy is just incredible, one hell of a player.
2.)ALReturnsLOL- I owe this guy so much for everything. Found a lot of leaks in my cash game, and explains some tough concepts very well. He was worth every penny as a coach.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow w/ a sample size like that its time to move up huh? or at least go to the strip club to celebrate? I can chaperone if you want so those mean women dont pick on you again. I wouldnt mind at all seeing as how you paid me that awesome compliment.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:21 PM

feedback for snake since he apparently was offended by my post calling the hands spew:

hand 1: you turn your hand into a bluff vs a reg here unless hes calling w/ a worse hand and i cant see it. if he does that would have been helpful to know before analyzing it

hand2: felting this doesnt seem bad but for any real analysis his stats would help, is he raising A7 pf? 76? I think hes def doing this w/ some hands you beat here.

hand 3: on a flop that dry i dont mind leading b/c you'll rarely end up foldign the best hand if it gets raised
Old 01-27-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
feedback for snake since he apparently was offended by my post calling the hands spew:

hand 1: you turn your hand into a bluff vs a reg here unless hes calling w/ a worse hand and i cant see it. if he does that would have been helpful to know before analyzing it

hand2: felting this doesnt seem bad but for any real analysis his stats would help, is he raising A7 pf? 76? I think hes def doing this w/ some hands you beat here.

hand 3: on a flop that dry i dont mind leading b/c you'll rarely end up foldign the best hand if it gets raised

[/ QUOTE ]

Snake,

if in fact you were being sarcastic, then i would like to say this to you. "Shut the [censored] up you are retarded."

Everything that doc just said is 100% accurate. I'm not sure how you could disagree with him, but then again, you pretty much proved that you're the best player ever by showing that 8k hand sample.

Also, i coach. I recommend you either accept my offer or a HU 4 rolls match.

ty and have a nice day.
Old 01-27-2007, 02:18 PM

Snake,
Why would you post in this thread? If you want advice why wouldn't you post in MSNL? Are you secretly hoping Raptor or G2cu, or Jman or another old STTFer will read this thread and post in it? Obviously most of the people here are learning cash and you obviously play higher than most of them congratulations.

That being said all three hands you posted you played bad.
1. Checkshoving the turn turns your hand into a bluff
2. Fold or three bet preflop. Fold turn.
3. Cbetting into 4 people here is really bad.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright any feedback on these hands is appreciated....

Hand1
Been tight and opponent is a reg whos been raising on button quite often.

POKERSTARS GAME #8051376219: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($3/$6) - 2007/01/21 - 12:06:38 (ET)
Table 'Maia III' 6-max Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: snakekilla88 ($1372.10 in chips)
Seat 2: snowm8n ($202.25 in chips)
Seat 3: coopsey ($722.15 in chips)
Seat 4: PoorUser ($976.60 in chips)
Seat 5: Ceber ($564 in chips)
Seat 6: smoothlee ($230.25 in chips)
smoothlee: posts small blind $3
snakekilla88: posts big blind $6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to snakekilla88 [Qs Kh]
snowm8n: folds
coopsey: folds
PoorUser: folds
Ceber: raises $18 to $24
smoothlee: folds
snakekilla88: raises $48 to $72
Ceber: calls $48
*** FLOP *** [Kc Td 8s]
snakekilla88: bets $108
Ceber: calls $108
*** TURN *** [Kc Td 8s] [9s]
snakekilla88: checks
Ceber: bets $200
snakekilla88: raises $992.10 to $1192.10 and is all-in

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't raise here your turning your hand into a bluff and the only better hands your folding are ak and aa I'd much rather just c/c. Also if villain is good people take this line a lot with combo draws so your hand looks exactly like what it is.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand2
I am running good so I make a loose preflop call. Villan is a regular who has been datamined as a loser over a pretty big sample size but has been playing pretty solid this session.
POKERSTARS GAME #8097822941: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($3/$6) - 2007/01/24 - 10:32:08 (ET)
Table 'Kerstin' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: Psier ($858.55 in chips)
Seat 2: snakekilla88 ($2239.45 in chips)
Seat 3: pam the best ($267.10 in chips)
Seat 4: b!g_tree ($214.85 in chips)
Seat 5: Sleepy80 ($794.40 in chips)
Seat 6: ken the cow ($815 in chips)
b!g_tree: posts small blind $3
Sleepy80: posts big blind $6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to snakekilla88 [3d 2d]
ken the cow: folds
Psier: raises $18 to $24
snakekilla88: calls $24
pam the best: folds
b!g_tree: folds
Sleepy80: folds
*** FLOP *** [Qd 8d 7h]
Psier: bets $36
snakekilla88: calls $36
*** TURN *** [Qd 8d 7h] [7d]
Psier: bets $101
Sleepy80 is sitting out
snakekilla88: raises $163 to $264
Psier: raises $534.55 to $798.55 and is all-in
snakekilla88: says ughhh and calls $534.55

[/ QUOTE ]
I almost never make comments on pf but pf here is really bad. A Fold is fine obviously and I think a 3bet is fine also but calling is really bad. As played I probably raise the flop you'll take it down enough for it to be +ev and also if he calls your raise you can get a free river if you miss. If he shoves of your raise it sucks but w/e I still think raising the flop is best. As played I sometimes just call the turn but I insta fold to his shove. The problem is even though he will have hands like adq or a 7 with a diamond whenever he has you beat your drawing completely dead. Also depending on the flow of the table and other stuff I will definetely call the turn instead of raising for the exact reason I said above if you raise the turn and can't call a shove your basically turning your hand into air.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand3
POKERSTARS GAME #8098083348: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($5/$10) - 2007/01/24 - 11:01:50 (ET)
Table 'Pavo' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: catcher3333 ($1040 in chips)
Seat 2: Wyern ($1000 in chips)
Seat 3: Evergrey ($1000 in chips)
Seat 4: tires23 ($1082 in chips)
Seat 5: snakekilla88 ($1371.25 in chips)
Seat 6: xapla ($962 in chips)
snakekilla88: posts small blind $5
xapla: posts big blind $10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to snakekilla88 [Qc Qs]
catcher3333: folds
Wyern: calls $10
Evergrey: folds
tires23: calls $10
snakekilla88: raises $45 to $55
xapla: calls $45
Wyern: calls $45
tires23: calls $45
*** FLOP *** [6s 9d Kh]
snakekilla88: bets $166
-4 opponents in the pot how often do you bet the flop here?

[/ QUOTE ]
I normally just check the flop here although betting 150 or so isn't terrible.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:17 PM

Thanks eagles, pudge and futuredoc for feedback. Seriously.
Obviously I played these bad hence why I posted them for feedback. I wasnt being sarcastic at any point in this thread other then joking around with ALReturnsLOL because I have an upsession with bothering him [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

Hand1- Eagles you might be overlooking that villan is short no? The checkraise was only $184 more for him to call. Once I bet the flop am I suppose to give up on turn when I occasionally am still good here? So when you guys say cr ai turns my hand into a bluff then whats your line on turn c/f? He only has $184 left and on river he is only going to push hands beating me and check behind ones that I am beating so I dont understand.

Hand 2- I agree I played this pretty horrible preflop and on the flop but I was kind of tilting. Also agree in hindsight I should have folded when Psier came over the top, but it could of been avoided by folding preflop or raising the flop. FWIW, I got pawned by top set. Your anaylsis here is spot on.

Hand3- Whatever. Probally c/f is best.

Pasterbator;
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL! Not remotely interested in you as a coach but thanks for offering!

I bet I came off pretty cocky or stupid in this thread my apologies ahead of time and ill try to stay out of this forum for awhile.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
\
Pasterbator;
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL! Not remotely interested in you as a coach but thanks for offering!

[/ QUOTE ]

Snake,

Does this mean you want to play hu?????