Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is Fucngr8t the biggest fish at Party 100/200 ?
Yes 20 21.74%
No 19 20.65%
There are others worse 53 57.61%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Ftp stole my money

I'm leaning towards believing that OP is a victim of circumstances -- something like he won a couple of large pots off of someone who had funded their account with a stolen credit card. (and possibly the fraudulent account was created at about the same time as his?). Anyway Eric, assuming something like that's the case, I appreciate you raising this up and sticking with the thread early on when everyone was doubting your story. I hope you get your $$$ back.

As several people have pointed out the issues here are how long it took FT to investigate, and then their lack of due process before deciding to seize his funds. Whether or not Eric actually did anything wrong is irrelevant to me -- I'm extremely nervous keeping any meaningful amount of money on a site that would behave in this manner.

I am willing to give FT the benefit of the doubt to a point but only if this is resolved with an explanation soon. I recognize they have been swamped with all the new business and this could just be a symptom of a very overworked fraud dept. And of course I do appreciate FTP Doug hopping on this thread.

I've only been on FT since the party ban. I'm not a high volume player but I do manage a couple hundred points a day and am almost through the signup bonus in about 5 weeks. Unlike some of the "Rock garden" comments I've read, I've actually found it relatively easy to find decently loose tables even full ring $3/$6.

I'm pretty happy with FT at the moment and was planning to just keep playing there but not if there's a risk my funds could be seized for something out of my control and I couldn't even defend myself.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Must have been 30/60 then when I got to 1k I went to 25/50 Nl I beleive, it has been so long I don't even remember but I would love someone to post all my hand history.

[/ QUOTE ]
You deposited $600 and started playing 30/60 with 10 BBs? I'm not saying it means you're guilty of anything, but it does seem a little weird. You didn't take any transactions from anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]
Weird or not, itīs probably not aginst the t/c of FT anyway. One are perfectly allowed to do it...

[/ QUOTE ]
Which is why I qualified my statement.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe I read this whole thread, ughhhhhhhhhhhh.

As others have said, irregardless of what the guy did or didn't do, no matter how severe or unjust or guilty he is...

[/ QUOTE ]
Not a word. Just thought I'd be the one to tell you, before you continue to use it in public. It's "regardless."

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/irregardless

usage Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe such short-stack buying of the "double-up or bust" type strategy is way more common than many of you people realize.

Where do you think all those "min buy-in then disappear and never be seen again" players are coming from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, i have a friend that does almost the exact same thing. Alot of people with small bankrolls but big dreams refuse to work their way slowly up the ladder. They take their entire bankroll for the month and sit down and hope to hit a hot streak. Not everone is a 2+2 bankroll wizard. Thank god for that.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe I read this whole thread, ughhhhhhhhhhhh.

As others have said, irregardless of what the guy did or didn't do, no matter how severe or unjust or guilty he is...

[/ QUOTE ]
Not a word. Just thought I'd be the one to tell you, before you continue to use it in public. It's "regardless."

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/irregardless

usage Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I was wrong. I should edit my statement.

American Heritage Dictionary:

[ QUOTE ]
Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir– prefix and –less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words: Want to continue sounding like an uneducated hick? Keep using the word "irregardless."
Old 11-29-2006, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In other words: Want to continue sounding like an uneducated [censored]? Just keep hijacking serious conversations with snide remarks about things you don't even understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In other words: Want to continue sounding like an uneducated [censored]? Just keep hijacking serious conversations with snide remarks about things you don't even understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, are you an ignorant ass. What do I not understand about the "irregardless" argument? It's a word that was introduced into the lexicon by people who mistakenly combined two words to create it. Now, a bunch of dummies from New Jersey run around using it because they think it's correct, not realizing that "regardless" already means "without regard." Get it? It's like "not regarding." That's why the less is there. So please explain to me "what I don't understand," like it's something cryptic.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:52 AM

Ok peace everybody peace. Letīs not lose the original subject here.
My wish for some PT-hands/confirmation of limits remains, since we now have OPīs screen name on FT.
S o m e o n e must have s o m e t h i n g. Or?
Old 11-29-2006, 12:26 PM

Hopefully it doesn't take another month for Ftpdoug to find out exactly what I did, I agree their whole support is very disfunctional. If this was stars I would have known within a week what I did and had a detailed explanation. As I said while them stealing my money pissed me off, what really pissed me off is them giving me the run around for 2 1/2 months only to call me a criminal without any explanation. There is 0 excuses for this, leads me to beleive not very bright people are running daily operations at FTp.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, are you an ignorant ass. What do I not understand about the "irregardless" argument? It's a word that was introduced into the lexicon by people who mistakenly combined two words to create it. Now, a bunch of dummies from New Jersey run around using it because they think it's correct, not realizing that "regardless" already means "without regard." Get it? It's like "not regarding." That's why the less is there. So please explain to me "what I don't understand," like it's something cryptic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Irrelax
Closed Thread