Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Ho Chi Minh

Yeah my Stars results are bad. I used to have big problems with tilt and didn't study enough. I'm much better now and haven't played stars in months.

Either way, unless we're talking the 1k SNGs 1% ROI is not good by any measure.

Yes any player who isn't -30% ROI is worse for us than those who are. Again these guys aren't good, they're breakeven or slightly better grinders.

[ QUOTE ]
I know most people here don't think they're any good, but since the vast majority of players are negative ROI, how are so many of these guys positive? What's their secret? Same coach? Same software? Support? I'm just curious to crack their secret.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would assume they are a poker sweatshop or something, but I still don't understand why you want the secret to being a marginal winner. The secret to getting much better than that isn't all that complicated. Study SNGPT, get peers/coaches to review your games, and study some more.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:50 PM

I think the Ho Chi Minh thing has run its course. I've got a lot of data on several of these players and there aren't many similarities other than that none of them appear to be completely retarded.

I've noticed a few new multitablers from Midlothian in the past week or two. Should we start accusing spacegravy of running a poker sweatshop in his basement too?
Old 06-12-2007, 05:59 PM

Well I have no experience with the Ho Chi Minh'ers on Stars, but back on Party they all played similarly, all played 24 hours a day, and were all bad and exploitable. So it was pretty obvious that something resembling a sweatshop or bot farm or something was going on.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:19 PM

That's the thing: they aren't really super-high volume players. If they were, maybe there would be an issue.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:22 PM

Well...the chinese will set up sweatshops with dozens of MMORPG players who make nowhere near whats possible in SnGs so I'd say don't be too suprised if you start seeing dozens more players in the near future now that they seem to have a winning formula.

Err - I see that's pretty much already been said.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:33 PM

Summary of this thread: Some players are not awful. Some players are from Asia.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:47 PM

ive played with USD_12345 and ronaldo12345 at FTP a lot last few months. i dont feel like theyre bots since their vpip is quite high for sngbot (20-22%) and they arent online 24/7. but tehy both have very good winrates so far and i cant stand playing them.
not sure whyi posted this but i felt like chiming in.....heh
Old 06-12-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ive played with USD_12345 and ronaldo12345 at FTP a lot last few months. i dont feel like theyre bots since their vpip is quite high for sngbot (20-22%) and they arent online 24/7. but tehy both have very good winrates so far and i cant stand playing them.
not sure whyi posted this but i felt like chiming in.....heh

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I have played with these guys since party poker, they seem to have improved though. The guys on FTP are doing really well so far, even though Ive seen USD_12345 make quite a few -ev plays.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:00 PM

any "poker sweatshop" set up in a 3rd would country (=cheap labor) would do it right, meaning you would never be able to see the bot.

if you have a "bot" program running on a completely seperate system, and a guy making a buck a day to push the buttons it tells him to there is no way to detect it.

I'd quit worrying about it and play your best. If it hasn't happened yet, it will. reality of playing on the internet guys.