Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 06:09 PM

Default Re: September Low-Content Thread

Yeah I flopped 3 sets and turned 1. Mine ended a bit differently though.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:53 PM

this 2-7 is suuuuuuuupersoft
Old 09-16-2007, 05:48 AM

I've been put on tilt by an observed hand. Winner is a tight player who is apparently a moron because he tried to make the guy that is playing every hand and drawing 4 usually to break a made hand. Why can't I get rewarded for completely butchering a hand for max bets on a big bet street? Perhaps my mistake is to never intentionally play a hand so horribly.

Triple Draw 2-7 Lowball Limit ($30/$60) (.com/greenage22/Triple_Draw/Converter.html]converter)

SB ($2729.50), Seat 3
BB ($1615), Seat 4
UTG ($1423), Seat 5
MP ($1869.50), Seat 6
CO ($2111), Seat 1
Button ($3578), Seat 2

Button at Seat 2.
SB posts $15. BB posts $30.

Round 1: (1.50 SB)

<font color="#666666">UTG folds. </font><font color="#666666">MP folds. </font><font color="#666666">CO folds. </font><font color="#666666">Button folds. </font><font color="red">SB raises. </font><font color="red">BB raises. </font><font color="red">SB raises. </font><font color="green">BB calls. </font>
SB takes 1. BB takes 1.

Round 2: (8.00 SB)

<font color="green">SB checks. </font><font color="red">BB bets. </font><font color="red">SB raises. </font><font color="green">BB calls. </font>
SB takes 1. BB takes 1.

Round 3: (6.00 BB)

<font color="red">SB bets. </font><font color="red">BB raises. </font><font color="red">SB raises. </font><font color="red">BB raises. </font><font color="green">SB calls. </font>
SB stands pat. BB takes 1.

Round 4: (14.00 BB)

<font color="green">SB checks. </font><font color="red">BB bets. </font><font color="green">SB calls. </font>

Total pot: (16.00 BB - $960)

Results: (in white)

<font color="white">Total pot $960 | Rake $3

BB had [7h 3c 4h 2d 6h] and won ($957) with Lo: 7,6,4,3,2
</font>

*edit*

So brutal, fish got felted before I got a seat. He was 100% vpip from the hands I watched, drawing 3-4 typically and showing down some impressive ones. I stayed up just to take his money and never even got a chance. This wasn't like one of those things where you miss a good game and you get along just fine. This was an old fashioned money incineration job and I couldn't get close enough to grab any of the loose bills as they fell into the furnace. Worse beat I've taken in a while.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The rake effect is too big to overcome and not worth the variance assuming your neighbors aren't anything special.

[/ QUOTE ]

In 20/40, perhaps.

In 40/80+, ya think? Average heads-up pot is $250+, you don't think you can extract a 2% edge from average opponents?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume by the $250/2% comment that the rake is $5? If so 1bb is being raked every 16 hands, so you'd need to be at about 6bb/100 to break even. Real tough considering 1/2 your hands will be OOP.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:35 PM

Forgot about this great hand from the 75/150 game. New guy has joined us in the morning and played a few hands, unremarkable so far, I get the "tight old nit" vibe from him though. I raise JTo in CO, he 3 bets in the SB, I call.

Flop is J97 two diamonds (I have ten of diamonds) he bets, I raise, he 3 bets. At this point I ask him "I've never played with you before, would you say you're a tight player?" and he confidently responds "you can't play too tight in a 4 handed game" which is an excellent answer. So I call his 3 bet.

Turn is a 3 of diamonds so now I feel like I have some hope, he bets, I call.

River is a Ten and he checks, so I value bet my top two pair and he calls and I show very confidently and he shows me a set of 3s. Yeah I guess he wasn't that tight after all. He makes a dumb comment to the guy next to him that he "continuation bet the flop to see where I was at" which makes no sense because he bet/3 bet the flop but whatever, nice hand.

He later steamed off like two racks to me and I two-outered him multiple times.

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-16-2007, 02:47 PM

That guy thinks he knows how to play but is quite awful. He comes in a lot in the morning and he generally leaves a few hours later with very few dollars. On the Barry Greenstein steam scale he probably gets like a -4.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:58 PM

cp 30-60 last night, i 4 bet red AK on the turn and fired brick river with 4 clubs on board...
(villain bet/3-bet the turn and just called down the 4th and c/c the river, and said 'got straightflush?'...)
somehow his nut flush is good and my mega tilt bluff didnt work out...
i will save everyone the in depth rationale behind it, having played with given villain it seemed unlikely he limped an ace utg - apparently not...
the histerical laughter that followed was not quite worth the $300 i tilted off, but thought a few here could appreciate it also...
Old 09-16-2007, 11:07 PM

Borgata 20-40. Having a good day, but in the last 2 hrs guy across the table has beaten me in 3 hands where i opened and hit TPTK, an overpair, or top two. I start to notice his obsession with beating me and say something to him about it.

Next hand, i pick up KK in MP, he calls me from the SB and hits the J6 flush on the river for win #4. Now I'm feeling like the bad guys in High Plains Drifter; wondering who he is and why is he out to get me. So I ask, and he says that I beat him up bad a month ago.

Next orbit, I pick up JJ and he calls again from the SB. Flop is T74 rainbow. He checks, I bet, he calls. Turn 5. He checks, I bet, he calls. River 6, he checks, I bet, he calls and then says "Six" and turns over As6s. I turn over my jacks and sit back in my chair. Another player notices that his 6 is actually an 8. Don't think he would have called the turn with A8. Guy beats me BECAUSE he misread his hand.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:31 PM

This one was really awesome because Crazy Mike never folds anything ever but it's the second big laydown he's made in Omaha Hi that borders on retarded.

4 handed game, Maria limps in CO, Mike complete small blind, I raise A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in BB and both call.

Flop J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Mike checks, I bet, Maria raises, Mike coldcalls, I 3bet, both call.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Mike checks, I bet both call

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Mike checks, I bet but regret it before Maria has a chance to call, Mike then says "I'm going to make a good laydown" or something dumb like that before tabling and mucking K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]XX

Maria has like 89TJ with lots of red cards. We chop the pot and the other 3 of us in the game laugh at Crazy Mike and his great laydown.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:26 PM

I know I'm playing well when I can make laydowns like this one:

Limper, I raise KJ, folded to blinds who both call.

Flop QsTs9c. Check, BB bets, limper folds, I call, SB calls.

Turn 6c. Check, bet, I raise, SB folds, BB calls.

River 5s. Check, I bet, she raises, I fold.

And this one:

Villain from last hand raises in lojack, I 3bet AJ, BB calls, she calls.

Flop AA9r. Check, check, bet, call, call.

Turn Q completing rainbow, Check, check, bet, fold, she checkraises, I 3bet, she 4bets, I call.

River 2. She bets I fold.

After messing around with numbers it turns out my 3bet on turn was bad, but I'm happy I did it because my reasoning was good, I just overestimated my equity.
Closed Thread