Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

Stage #755485696: Holdem No Limit $30 - 2007-09-06 23:57:41.002 (ET)
Table: KENAI Ave (Real Money) Seat #2 is the dealer
Seat 3 - DOUBLEDRAG ($36947.50 in chips)
Seat 5 - IKESTOYS ($6042 in chips)
Seat 1 - DAVIDP18 ($7094 in chips)
Seat 4 - FRISCOMELT ($7746 in chips)
Seat 6 - CASH369 ($6000 in chips)
DOUBLEDRAG - Posts small blind $15
FRISCOMELT - Posts big blind $30
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to IKESTOYS [10s Kh]
IKESTOYS - Raises $120 to $120
CASH369 - Folds
DAVIDP18 - Folds
XAJA1 - Calls $120
DOUBLEDRAG - Raises $405 to $420
FRISCOMELT - Folds
IKESTOYS - All-In(Raise) $5922 to $6042
XAJA1 - Folds
DOUBLEDRAG - Calls $5622
*** FLOP *** [6d 6c 9s]
*** RIVER *** [6d 6c 9s 5c] [10d]
*** TURN *** [6d 6c 9s] [5c]
*** SUMMARY ***
DOUBLEDRAG - Shows [Ac 2c] (One pair, sixes)
Seat 2: XAJA1 (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 3: DOUBLEDRAG (small blind) HI:lost with One pair, sixes [Ac 2c - B:6d,B:6c,P:Ac,B:10d,B:9s]
Seat 5: IKESTOYS collected Total ($12231) All-In HI$12231) with Two Pair, tens and sixes [10s Kh - P:10s,B:10d,B:6d,B:6c,P:Kh]

i run hot [censored]
Old 09-18-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stage #755485696: Holdem No Limit $30 - 2007-09-06 23:57:41.002 (ET)
Table: KENAI Ave (Real Money) Seat #2 is the dealer
Seat 3 - DOUBLEDRAG ($36947.50 in chips)
Seat 5 - IKESTOYS ($6042 in chips)
Seat 1 - DAVIDP18 ($7094 in chips)
Seat 4 - FRISCOMELT ($7746 in chips)
Seat 6 - CASH369 ($6000 in chips)
DOUBLEDRAG - Posts small blind $15
FRISCOMELT - Posts big blind $30
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to IKESTOYS [10s Kh]
IKESTOYS - Raises $120 to $120
CASH369 - Folds
DAVIDP18 - Folds
XAJA1 - Calls $120
DOUBLEDRAG - Raises $405 to $420
FRISCOMELT - Folds
IKESTOYS - All-In(Raise) $5922 to $6042
XAJA1 - Folds
DOUBLEDRAG - Calls $5622
*** FLOP *** [6d 6c 9s]
*** RIVER *** [6d 6c 9s 5c] [10d]
*** TURN *** [6d 6c 9s] [5c]
*** SUMMARY ***
DOUBLEDRAG - Shows [Ac 2c] (One pair, sixes)
Seat 2: XAJA1 (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 3: DOUBLEDRAG (small blind) HI:lost with One pair, sixes [Ac 2c - B:6d,B:6c,P:Ac,B:10d,B:9s]
Seat 5: IKESTOYS collected Total ($12231) All-In HI$12231) with Two Pair, tens and sixes [10s Kh - P:10s,B:10d,B:6d,B:6c,P:Kh]

i run hot [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is Xaja1 not in the seat listing? Why is the seating assignment order not 'in order' compared to the action in the hand? Why isn't everyone's action included in the SUMMARY section?

Was this a HH support emailed you? I've had issues with their emailed files being completely screwed up on almost every hand like this.

Just curious, at first it looked like it may have been edited.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:18 PM

its is an email...

i fixed the action so it was in the right order, obv i forgot to switch the turn and river

it is a real hand
Old 09-18-2007, 02:25 PM

IMO anyone who still has money on AP should be worried about the site going busto. How had it developed for 'Planet poker'?
Old 09-18-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re:

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, I just called that security number.. and had an interesting chat with one of them.

She confirmed that they had locked up several accounts AND taken their money, because of PROOF there had been ppl cheating. So i suggested, as an easy way of handling the issue of the 1000$ tournament, that they distribute the money from Potripper's winnings to the other players in the tournament, by moving everybody one step up in the winnings-ladder.
She is discussing this issue with her manager now, but seemed ok with the idea herself.

This is, as I see it a step forward. Now their security ppl are admitting that there was cheating, and that they have confiscated the money. So now, grab your phones guys - refunds might be on their way! (well... at least in my dream..)

[/ QUOTE ]

So basicly this is a troll post/incompetent support? This contradicts everything else we've read.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:29 PM

Folks - I'll be the first one to hoist Absolute and its "security" reps up on the cross if they butcher this thing in the end, but let's be realistic here, they've basically known about it for all of 36 hours. It's unrealistic to suggest that they'd have a full investigation, conclusion, PR damage-control and solution/restitution plan all rolled out already. Yes, we've got a legitimate beef about the Engrish-speaking low-level support reps who earn 35 rubles / week contradicting each other in their canned email responses to you, but let's give this a little time. I know everyone is hot under the collar -- myself included, after losing $6K to these cheats -- but let's keep our expectations realistic. I'm not diminishing the importance of this situation, but let's give the Mensa squad over at Absolute a little more than 2 days to figure this thing out.
I myself have some calls into some higher-level contacts I have there, who have personally let me know that they're going to let me know how this thing shakes out and what they find (although i'm not expecting a full debriefing on the latter). Keep gathering evidence, but let's not declare Absolute to be a bunch of theiving buffoons based on a couple contradictory statements from low-level support drones.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Absolute Soulreading/Rigged thread #3

I am the last person to ever subscribe to any conspiracy theory regarding anything at all, but when I was playing the abs 1k on august 22 a few weeks back I was on AIM with Inissint and he was telling me about this player "payup" who was just winning literally every hand on another table....He eventually got moved to my table and then left and back again and eventually beat me hu, but it really was fairly unreal. I do not have the patience to sift through this whole hh to weed out the hands payup was in, but if anyone is so inclined they can do the honors......

and if I am wrong about payup, I apologize in advance, although if he is out there, I am so confident that I will pay him 1k for his exposed hole cards hand history so long as it can be authenticated.

and if there is any way to condense this I pre-authorize the mods to do so.

sheets

also, as I recall, "Thegrinder" was at his table for a long time as well (not michael mizrachi...thegrinder plays on stars as dumpingkgb and as pxfactor on ftp if anyone knows him maybe they can get him to find his hh)

edit...never mind, it is way too big, but i will email it to whoever can condense it and post it...please pm me
Old 09-18-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: New cliffsnotes for old Absolute cliffsnotes thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So... now what?

It seems like it is all in Absolute's hands, for better or worse, as far as proof/reimbursement. And we can each make our own estimates of the chances of that.

Do the high-stakes 2+2ers players say "F it" and go back? Do non-high-stakes 2+2ers go back? Cause if they all leave, the games are sure gonna be soft...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would imagine that most 2+2 regs will talk big, keep some money on there, and end up never leaving if the games get better. So they will be softer for a while.

UNLESS, this issue has become so big that fish start to hear about it (which from the other threads it seems like they have). This is a big concern, as many fish will think if it happened on Absolute it can happen anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, all this evidence is way too sophisticated for the fish, and they all think poker is rigged anyway, and it was an isolated incident, yadda yadda yadda.

I'm not too worried about broader repercussions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am worried about broader repercussions exactly because the fish are going to read that Absolute was rigged in some way and not understand anything beyond that. This issue is blowing up on a lot of poker forums and it will be very easy for fish to hear about it in passing. Being fish they woucl then easily decide to just continue gambling because they are addicted and not a whole lot would change at the low limits most play at

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-18-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Absolute Soulreading/Rigged thread #3

[ QUOTE ]
I am the last person to ever subscribe to any conspiracy theory regarding anything at all, but when I was playing the abs 1k on august 22 a few weeks back I was on AIM with Inissint and he was telling me about this player "payup" who was just winning literally every hand on another table....He eventually got moved to my table and then left and back again and eventually beat me hu, but it really was fairly unreal. I do not have the patience to sift through this whole hh to weed out the hands payup was in, but if anyone is so inclined they can do the honors......

and if I am wrong about payup, I apologize in advance, although if he is out there, I am so confident that I will pay him 1k for his exposed hole cards hand history so long as it can be authenticated.

and if there is any way to condense this I pre-authorize the mods to do so.

sheets

also, as I recall, "Thegrinder" was at his table for a long time as well (not michael mizrachi...thegrinder plays on stars as dumpingkgb and as pxfactor on ftp if anyone knows him maybe they can get him to find his hh)

edit...never mind, it is way too big, but i will email it to whoever can condense it and post it...please pm me

[/ QUOTE ]

If AP did indeed lock 5 accounts, this may be the one we're missing. Thanks in advance to whomever sifts through this one.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the response I got from AP:
Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting us.

Yes we are aware of all this posts, we always try to be aware of what
our customers, think of our service and if they enjoy playing with us.
That’s why we are always checking into all of the concerns that our
players have and we have taken actions already in this case, because of
our company policies we cant let you know what those actions are, but we
can let you know, that it wasn’t any type of hacking, it was just
someone who didn’t know how to play poker and a hole lot of luck.

If there is anything else we can assist you with please let us know.

Sincerely,

Jose
Team Absolute ~ Security & Control Department

This is insulting to say the least. Those dirty mother [censored] screwed me over. I'm leaving the site, and suggest that everyone else do so too. All they had to do was return what those cheaters took from me (which I'd pay back in rake in about 40 days anyway). I will be laughing next time something like this happens at AP, which it probably will considering their incompetence, and then AP denies it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That email is certainly insulting, WTF are they talking about? Were the accounts closed as other people in this thread have stated? Why were they closed and was the money confiscated? Are people getting refunds if the money was taken from the closed accounts? It makes me sick when big issues such as this arise and these poker sites send a [censored] reply and think they're off the hook. The poker community wants some answers not this blah blah blah "company policy crap". We should really hold these poker sites accountable and take whatever measures necessary to destroy their reputation if they don't want to answer questions. Mass boycotting, slandering of their name...etc if they will not comply. We pay all their bills and have the power to demand answers.
Closed Thread