Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2006, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Help CashmanBrian scammed me

wtf he was settling for 5K? and then he said just give him anything back? lol, sounds like some crack heads who are just fiending for action.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:15 PM

Are you 100% sure that is the real Joesodom or whatever?
He sounded super fishy and super stupid to me.
If i got scammed by this guy i would tell you to transfer to me and back to the scammer.

i think your making a rather large mistake sending a scammer his money back.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:21 PM

brian,

this may ahve been asked before, but it certainly has not been answered: why are you engaging in 6k transfers involving neteller with someone you don't know?
Old 11-28-2006, 07:31 PM

this is hilarious. However, as much as a scammer that he may be, I dont think that posting his name and/or address is proper. The reason I feel this way is because as a business owner, it seems that someone that has a disagreement with you will be stalked and have their private information posted online. I am no way defending this guy or judging him as someone who has committed fraud. I know that this may seem like a scam, but is it not reasonable for it to be someone who does not have that much money that is just stressing out. I mean if I had sent someone that is reputable 6k (a large amount of money to me right now) and they did not send it to me back immediately i would start flipping a [censored] as well. Not being the most familiar with site xfer and stuff like that, I would be saying anything to get my money back from this person and doing whatever I can to do it. Im not saying whether OP is in the right or the wrong or has committed prior bad acts, I just think that posting his name and address and finding this stuff out and posting it is not the correct policy to be taking.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is hilarious. However, as much as a scammer that he may be, I dont think that posting his name and/or address is proper. The reason I feel this way is because as a business owner, it seems that someone that has a disagreement with you will be stalked and have their private information posted online. I am no way defending this guy or judging him as someone who has committed fraud. I know that this may seem like a scam, but is it not reasonable for it to be someone who does not have that much money that is just stressing out. I mean if I had sent someone that is reputable 6k (a large amount of money to me right now) and they did not send it to me back immediately i would start flipping a [censored] as well. Not being the most familiar with site xfer and stuff like that, I would be saying anything to get my money back from this person and doing whatever I can to do it. Im not saying whether OP is in the right or the wrong or has committed prior bad acts, I just think that posting his name and address and finding this stuff out and posting it is not the correct policy to be taking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:39 PM

Well this is very interesting. i just wish the original person scammed found their way on here so we could find out whats really going on. all i know is that if someone owes me some money and was looking to get it back to me then i think it would be in my best interest not to be a ****.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:23 PM

The original agreement we made was he was to send me 11k on stars and I was to send him 10k on neteller, thats why I agreed to do it. I have done this type of a thing with other people who I KNOW, it was a mistake to agree to do this with a random person who I have not spoken with in the past, but I have had people pay 10% in the past who are very reputable individuals.

As my mom always said, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

RE: the poster saying they are the same person, I am well aware and I called the supposed joesodom out on this and if that truly is him, I think he is a flake. I have a feeling that joesodom has always been stevedapimp, but that is JMO.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The individual's name, address, phone number or any other personal information will never be posted anywhere, it is just something that I was doing for myself especially after his internet muscles kicked in and he said he was going to come near my family.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The original agreement we made was he was to send me 11k on stars and I was to send him 10k on neteller, thats why I agreed to do it. I have done this type of a thing with other people who I KNOW, it was a mistake to agree to do this with a random person who I have not spoken with in the past, but I have had people pay 10% in the past who are very reputable individuals.

As my mom always said, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

RE: the poster saying they are the same person, I am well aware and I called the supposed joesodom out on this and if that truly is him, I think he is a flake. I have a feeling that joesodom has always been stevedapimp, but that is JMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be a stupid question, but why would someone make this deal? I understand some people do this with Stars to FT or UB because they don't have Neteller or something due to the new regulations, but why couldn't he have just transferred the 11k from Stars to Neteller? It really has nothing to do with the dispute or who this guy is (scammer or not), I'm just wondering.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:00 PM

Obv this clown is unable to cashout and there have been a history of problems with this guy. Otherwise he would just cashout and deposit somewhere else himself, likely he wrongfully came across some money whether it be a scam or not, he was in a rush to get the money off of pokerstars, that way the papertrail of money goes to someone else and the risk is on them. The longer I deal with this guy the less I want to send him his money because something is oviously not right.

His desperation to get the money off should have tipped me off but I figured he was just a desperate donk and not a scammer. He agreed to pay 10% for the ability to get the money immediately and he only sent me 6 of the 11k he originally agreed to send.

Anyways as I posted earlier I told him he would get his money and he said he would contact me tomorrow morning but he decided to bug me again tonight:

(19:43:01) pokerballa01: hey
(19:43:04) pokerballa01: is the $ sent
(19:43:28) pokerballa01: didnt think so
(19:45:03) cashmanbrian3: Thank you for your preference. In order to transfer money yourself you must have a preferred account. Customers must have a clear deposit history of 3 months in order to have a preferred account. Money transfers from one UB account to another do not count to achieve a preferred status. Since you do not yet have a preferred account and still want to transfer funds, please send us a message including the following information: 1. Your username, 2. The amount you want to transfer, 3. The username of the account you want to transfer to, and 4. The answer to your security question. We will then gladly complete it for you. Your security question is: We will be waiting for your response to assist you promptly. Best regards, Leonardo Customer Service Department
(19:45:27) pokerballa01: did you send back
(19:45:37) pokerballa01: did you email back i mean
(19:45:41) cashmanbrian3: obv
(19:46:08) cashmanbrian3: i thought i didnt have to put up with hearing from you until tomorrow morning?
(19:46:15) pokerballa01: i am at friends
(19:46:23) cashmanbrian3: ok let me ask again
(19:46:28) cashmanbrian3: (19:46:08) cashmanbrian3: i thought i didnt have to put up with hearing from you until tomorrow morning?
(19:46:35) pokerballa01: i want my money
(19:46:48) cashmanbrian3: why did stars close your account?
(19:46:54) pokerballa01: they didnt
(19:47:01) pokerballa01: they wanted an id
(19:47:02) pokerballa01: i sent in
(19:47:05) pokerballa01: will be open soon
(19:47:06) cashmanbrian3: then why did they cancel my transfer to you?
(19:47:11) pokerballa01: dude
(19:47:13) pokerballa01: u didnt try
(19:47:15) pokerballa01: u blocked me on aim
(19:47:17) pokerballa01: as soon as u got $
(19:47:27) cashmanbrian3: so you sent them your id?
(19:47:47) cashmanbrian3: and yes i sent the money this morning on stars and it was denied and stars security emailed me
(19:47:53) cashmanbrian3: you sent them your id?
(19:47:58) pokerballa01: ya
(19:48:14) pokerballa01: ask them
(19:48:18) cashmanbrian3: first off why would i risk my reputation over $6k?
(19:48:25) pokerballa01: not sure why u blocked me
(19:48:37) cashmanbrian3: and why are you always lying? yesterday you told me that it was in your girlfriend's name
(19:48:48) pokerballa01: its my business
(19:48:50) pokerballa01: i didnt scam
(19:48:52) pokerballa01: i deposited alo tof $
(19:48:53) cashmanbrian3: and you were in a fight with her and she wouldnt send her ID
(19:48:53) pokerballa01: ask stars
(19:49:01) pokerballa01: deposited $10,000 on the 14th
(19:49:02) pokerballa01: ask them
(19:49:06) cashmanbrian3: i dont care
(19:49:57) cashmanbrian3: i told you what i would do and you continue to bug me and lie, be wise for once, keep your mouth shut and wait for me to do what i said i would

Hopefully this will be over soon, UB told me that I couldn't transfer thru the client yet and I want to send thru the client so that I can get a screenshot of the money being sent as opposed to sending via email etc. I emailed them and I hope to be able to send it shortly and this will be a part of the past...