Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Heartland Poker Tour Upcoming Events & they\'re coming 2 Denver are

[ QUOTE ]
i am only playin one sat and if that dont work buy in for 340
hey what time do sats start on monday?
cincy lady are you from colorado?
if so we should link up sometime

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I live in Colorado, Englewood (a suburb of Denver) in fact.

It's about an hours drive each way from where I live, to Blackhawk where this will be played.

BTW, I just got a copy of the snail mail flyer in my e-mail, looks like it's gunna be big! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

They have details (the schedule and such) located here (which you should be able to read at your workplace):

http://www.newsite.heartlandpokertour.net
Old 09-30-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many Sats are u willing to play to get your seat?
Im sure it will only take one though

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm hoping it'll only take one, but with the crowd up there, all I can tell you is play very, very tight.

Sad to say, since I have moved here a year and a half ago, I have NOT been able to get a handle on the game here (how the locals play), even in the tournaments.

I've yet to cash even once (which is unusual for me), since I moved here.

This is because how the people play in the cash games, tends to leak over into the tournament play. I will also admit as well though, I don't get a chance to get up there as often as I'd like to either. With the cash games being so horrible (aka 'not fun') to play in (at least for me), I have a hard time justifying the hour drive each way to go up there very often.

So, for you ladies out there, who've played in Ladies Only events, I suggest you approach play in these events, as if you are playing in a ladies only event.

For you guys, who are not from around here, I also tell you to play carefully. If any of you have lived in Ohio, and have played in the festival events there (aka Charity/Monte Carlo nights, the only legal form of poker there), well you'd be right at home here.

My son was here from Ohio a few weekends ago, and we went up to play.

I sat down with 300 bucks and lost it all, he sat down with 125 bucks and made 500 (he's really good at the festival games in Ohio).

I suppose if I lived closer and was willing to make the drive more often, I could learn enough to adjust my game to the locals so I could win. Personally I wish I could just buy directly into it.

In any case, I'm looking foward to this event, as well as the HPT event in Deadwood, SD which will take place the following weekend after the one in Blackhawk.

At least in Deadwood (even with the 100 buck bet cap), I can play something other than Bingo poker like it is in Blackhawk, and I can buy directly into the ME in Deadwood as well.

FWIW, I'm going to give it a whirl for a Blackhawk Sat most likely tomorrow night at 6:30 PM when the first sats to the qualifiers will start.

I've set aside a little over 200 bucks for this endevour, and after that, I will buy directly into the Qualifier events.

Being that I was willing to pay the $1650 to buy directly in if need be, that means I can try 5 qualifiers to get into the ME if I have to.
Old 10-01-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I'm going to give it a whirl for a Blackhawk Sat most likely tomorrow night at 6:30 PM when the first sats to the qualifiers will start

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW our ones for "Down the Road" start tomorrow morning at 10 am. I won't be her ein the morning to get them going, but I would expect to have some tomorrow night. I hope things go well for them.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:48 AM

Hmm ... maybe I'll drop in RR (to your little neck of the woods) tonight and give one a try as well.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Heartland Poker Tour Upcoming Events & they\'re coming 2 Denver

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm ... maybe I'll drop in RR (to your little neck of the woods) tonight and give one a try as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop in. Mondays have been dreadfully slow the last couple of weeks and with the Rockies playing a single game playoff tonight I don't expect to be very busy. I am guessing wed we will have a few. Last wed we had 91 for the wed night and I think I could have gone to 110 if i hadn't had 2 dealers quit that day.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:45 PM

Well, I'm only planning on coming up one night for the Sats, and after that, I plan on saving my funds for the qualifers themselves.

This as sats are not my best suit, and the qualifiers pretty much will run like a normal tourney.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:26 PM

has any one heard how many tables they are going to have for each qualifier?
Old 10-01-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
has any one heard how many tables they are going to have for each qualifier?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably as many as they can get. My ankle has been bothering me, but I will try to walk down there today or tomorrow (it is about 3 blocks form my house) and see what is going on.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:07 PM

Wow. I don't think I have ever met anyone who lives in Black Hawk.

Does that make you a townie? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. I don't think I have ever met anyone who lives in Black Hawk.

Does that make you a townie? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't really consider living anyplace else. They convinced me to leave the desert and move to Black Hawk, so I moved to Black Hawk.