Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: lolz super accountz

the jig will soon be up

also alobar, hopefully absolute will cave in the face of mass media exposure, and try to do their best to confess their knowledge of the situation and rectify it somewhat financially

and in the event they dont, hopefully said exposure of the blatant cheating, stealing, and lying will dry up absolute's games
Old 10-14-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when will this company finally go broke?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did someone PMed Absolute Support to ask him for this (among the other things)?
Old 10-14-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got the IP from Nat and it appears to be from a cable modem connection in CR. I don't know if he wants me to post the details, but it is a netblock controlled by "Amnet Television" in San Jose, CR.

[/ QUOTE ]
I saw this info. Looks like a promising lead.

Also, the IP traceroutes back to https://www.racsa.co.cr/index.html, which means somehow Amnet and this company are connected or are business partners in some way. Maybe Amnet gets their internet from racsa.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats actually an interesting piece of info. one of my best friends does computer programming for a large university, and is a semi gifted hacker. after this all came out i asked him a few questions over AIM (I'm D, he's G.)

G(7:14:30 PM): if the players really did cheat...
G(7:14:40 PM): it would have been a piece of custom software
G(7:14:45 PM): that ran along side the real poker client
D(7:14:49 PM): how complex?
G(7:15:45 PM): i couldn't say without knowing how the protocols for communication between the poker client and server, but networking programming, in general, is difficult. especially if you're trying to break in to someone's server.
G(7:16:03 PM): if someone did it, they would have to be good at programming
G(7:16:05 PM): it's not a simple trick
D(7:16:08 PM): how good?
G(7:16:17 PM): can't say without knowing how AP works
D(7:16:22 PM): because, to anyones knowledge, this has NEVER happened
D(7:16:34 PM): and it would be lucrative to be able to do this
D(7:16:37 PM): so i imagine people try
G(7:16:45 PM): now, the other possibility
G(7:17:04 PM): is that the cheaters owned the network that the opponent's traffic was passing through
G(7:17:15 PM): rather than create your own fake traffic with a custom client
G(7:17:21 PM): you just intercept the real traffic, read it, and then pass it along to the real player

Dunno if this is what happened. If it is an inside job, this would seem unnecessary, since they already have the relevant data. Just a thought.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:23 PM

It's been a while since this article was written, but people have made cheats before.

Given his PF play, it looks like they're not using the same methodology that these guys did (they found a flaw with the RNG) and fortunately, the guys in the article were white hats, but security flaws are a pretty damn serious source of problems for poker sites.

The way Absolute is handling this is, of course, shameful. I just hope that the anti-poker crowd in the legislature doesn't run with the story.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:25 PM

I kinda doubt it's an RNG hack. Because he didn't seem to know the cards that were coming on the F/T/R. But he did know the hole cards. I can't imagine an RNG hack where he knew one but not the other.

I know it isn't what you were saying, but just to quell that before it starts.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:31 PM

Yeah, seems pretty clear that he's either intercepting network traffic, or there's a super user giving him the info. With your evidence making the latter seem quite likely.

I definitely think you guys are on the right track. Fight the good fight.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:37 PM

i am speechless...and really glad that I no longer play there
Old 10-14-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the jig will soon be up

also alobar, hopefully absolute will cave in the face of mass media exposure, and try to do their best to confess their knowledge of the situation and rectify it somewhat financially

and in the event they dont, hopefully said exposure of the blatant cheating, stealing, and lying will dry up absolute's games

[/ QUOTE ]

What mass media exposure? This isnt going to get any bigger than it did before, and that changed nothing. Unless CNN or the NYtimes or someone picks up this story and blares it all over the place it aint gunna matter cuz the playerpool is never gunna hear anything about this. And realistically that would prolly be a bad thing for all of us if it did happen.

Dont get me wrong, I hope they burn to the ground, Im just not optimistic that's whats going to happen.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:41 PM

NAT, can you clarify something for me? You say there are 2 guys with identical IPs...and then you say that ONE of these guys is the mysterious observer who seems to have Potripper's table open for the entire tourney.

1. Who is the OTHER guy with the same IP address? Is it Potripper himself? e.g. do Potripper and the mysterious Absolute ID363 observer have the same IP address?

2. If not, where in the world is Potripper playing from?

I'm trying to understand just what the significance is of these 2 people having the same IP address.

-- one more thing to consider: one wonders why the mysterious observer even logged into Absolute in the first place, instead of just opening the software and observing the table...seems to suggest that whatever backdoor he is using to view hole cards requires that he be logged in. Don't know if that's important or not, but probably something u smart guys have already thought about.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:44 PM

how do you raise 40 to 40?
Closed Thread