Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 09:32 AM

Default Re: New Software. FTP HUD with 3-bets %!! Free!!!

Is there any way of proving that it's spyware and virus free?
Old 07-25-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any way of proving that it's spyware and virus free?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The sad thing is that it's almost impossible to be 100% sure for any reasonable size application. In theory it's possible to pack something away deep inside a segment and then have some code that unpacks and/or drops it based on a semi-random condition being met. It could take weeks/months/years on a decent sized executable just checking execution paths to make sure this doesn't happen (not that I think their is anything wrong with this app or that many would go to this much trouble to hide a Trojan...).

Blocking stuff from Internet access and using something like ProcessGuard (or a DLL injection blocking firewall) is probably your best line of defence, although some virus scanner may be able to pick up on potential new threads by using a heuristic scoring system (this tends to work better for new [or polymorphic] viruses though, as they have a more well defined set of functional blocks that must be implemented for each and every virus).

Juk

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently not [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] But I've been around here a while and the software has been out for a month.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:39 AM

Yes. You would simply need to disassemble the executable and go through the process flow and examine the purpose of each function. Other than that, you have to apply a little preparation and accept a little risk.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:29 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

I just installed this and have a couple questions.

1) Fold-to-3-bet stat: While setting up the HUD stats in display preferences, the stat is called "fold-to-3bet". But when I left click to get more detailed stats on the table, the stat is called "call 3-bet". Both stats have the same value. So, if someone has 35% for both stats, are they folding or calling 35% of 3-bets?

2) The W$SD stat seems to be always 100%. I think someone mentioned this earlier.

Very nice work
Old 07-25-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1) Fold-to-3-bet stat: While setting up the HUD stats in display preferences, the stat is called "fold-to-3bet". But when I left click to get more detailed stats on the table, the stat is called "call 3-bet". Both stats have the same value. So, if someone has 35% for both stats, are they folding or calling 35% of 3-bets?

2) The W$SD stat seems to be always 100%. I think someone mentioned this earlier.

Very nice work

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. Good catch. I changed the 3-bet caption to read "Fold to 3-bet" a while back. Unfortunately I left the detail stats for the full ring as call and only changed the 6-max caption. So they are folding 35% in your example.

I'll post a fix tomorrow at the latest.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:54 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Very nice work

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn. Good catch. I changed the 3-bet caption to read "Fold to 3-bet" a while back. Unfortunately I left the detail stats for the full ring as call and only changed the 6-max caption. So they are folding 35% in your example.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was for a HU table FWIW
Old 07-25-2007, 04:34 PM

Ok. Installed it. Works. Great tool.

Now I probably have a bunch of n00b question that I can probably find by reading the whole thread. I'll try that first and come back later otherwise.

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok. Installed it. Works. Great tool.

Now I probably have a bunch of n00b question that I can probably find by reading the whole thread. I'll try that first and come back later otherwise.

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for trusting me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this was for a HU table FWIW

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that makes sense. HU tables use the FR detail settings. I keep meaning to make a HU specific version where the stats are stored by position as opposed to being lumped in together as blinds...
Old 07-25-2007, 07:29 PM

I tried changing the color, but it had no effect. (Full Tilt)

Another thing I really liked about Gametime is that it had the option of showing a different color for either a winning or a losing player.