FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who takes it down?
Polar Bear 79 32.38%
Hippopotamus 165 67.62%
Voters: 244. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Re: SSNL POKER [cheese] thread AUGUST

Looking to trade $1500-$2000 in Stars money for cash to anybody that lives in the Los Angeles area. Will pay 4% vig. Please PM me.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Worse thing about that hand is the massive flop 3-bet. Just make it around $100 to go. You're not getting much more FE for $144. You have a monster and would like action, and if he just calls then you have a sweet spot on the turn. I mean you're doing fine even against sets here - but you'd like to get more than just sets to play with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know we have J-high, right?

Most of the deck does NOT bring a "sweet spot" for you on the turn at all, lol. Sure, you look like a genius if you set up a nice sized pot for a turn bet and hit your 17-outer, but what about the other 2/3 of the deck?
Old 08-10-2007, 06:22 PM

seriously wtf is wrong with tagfish at stars.

they get there everytime though so they must know something i don't.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really tempted by the "miniraise every cbet regardless of my cards" move against TAGs, but too chickenshit to give it a try.

Seems like a very cheap way to bluff and win lots of small pots when they're cbetting air, plus I will sometimes wake up with a real hand.

I may drop down to NL$50 for a session and give it a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that will work for, like, 3 pots. Then you start getting stacks stuffed in your face.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:29 PM

Its pretty easy to adjust to thinking players minraising your cbets. The only reason I hate people minraising my cbets is because they are usually the type of player that doesn't fold pairs or draws, so it takes the play away from u. If a thinking player minraises your flop bets with any consistency it is easy to exploit by calling to rep hands or 3 betting overs with equity.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When do you guys donk(lead) into the preflop raiser (OOP obv)? This is something I very rarely do but probably should implement in my game.

What flop/hand combination will you donk-bluff and why?
What combination will you donk-value bet and why?

I would almost always go for a c/r bluff rather than donk bluff. The only advantage of donking IMO is depending on the best way to get stacks in; for example if you flop a draw/set on wet flop you prefer B/3b rather than c/r leaving awkward stacks on turn?

Obviously it is fairly rare that you are OOP and not the preflop aggressor. This situation would normally come up when you call a raise from the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

In CTS's blog he was talking about how people generally play the strength of their hands when you donk so they don't usually bluff raise you. I never donk that much but I should probably do it a bit more.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously? this seems odd to me, i raise over donkbets all day and thought many others here did the same. i guess maybe against tougher/more aggressive players the threat of a 3bet looms a little heavier?

donk-leading is something i've been thinking about lately though, as i also don't really do it ever and feel like i should sometimes. i guess i'll have to go check out that blog.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm really tempted by the "miniraise every cbet regardless of my cards" move against TAGs, but too chickenshit to give it a try.

Seems like a very cheap way to bluff and win lots of small pots when they're cbetting air, plus I will sometimes wake up with a real hand.

I may drop down to NL$50 for a session and give it a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that will work for, like, 3 pots. Then you start getting stacks stuffed in your face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, I will sometimes wake up with a real hand.

Not saying it's the perfect move, but something I want to look into. I know I hate it when my cbets get miniraised constantly.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:41 PM

ill sell this guy's screenname for $1

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

CO ($107.65)
Button ($110.50)
SB ($102.85)
Hero ($117.30)
UTG ($158.30)
MP ($100)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $3</font>, MP calls $3, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $12</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $38</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, CO calls $26.

Flop: ($82.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $79.3 (All-In)</font>, CO calls $69.65 (All-In).

Turn: ($231.45) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($231.45) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $231.45

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ac Ks (two pair, aces and kings).
CO has 9h 8h (one pair, eights).
Outcome: Hero wins $231.44. </font>
Old 08-10-2007, 06:57 PM

I've been overflushed 4 times in 500 hands today.

IT SUCKS
Old 08-10-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When do you guys donk(lead) into the preflop raiser (OOP obv)? This is something I very rarely do but probably should implement in my game.

What flop/hand combination will you donk-bluff and why?
What combination will you donk-value bet and why?

I would almost always go for a c/r bluff rather than donk bluff. The only advantage of donking IMO is depending on the best way to get stacks in; for example if you flop a draw/set on wet flop you prefer B/3b rather than c/r leaving awkward stacks on turn?

Obviously it is fairly rare that you are OOP and not the preflop aggressor. This situation would normally come up when you call a raise from the blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

In CTS's blog he was talking about how people generally play the strength of their hands when you donk so they don't usually bluff raise you. I never donk that much but I should probably do it a bit more.

[/ QUOTE ]
Seriously? this seems odd to me, i raise over donkbets all day and thought many others here did the same. i guess maybe against tougher/more aggressive players the threat of a 3bet looms a little heavier?

donk-leading is something i've been thinking about lately though, as i also don't really do it ever and feel like i should sometimes. i guess i'll have to go check out that blog.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't raise over people's donk bets because they just call me. I'll raise over a min bet though.
Closed Thread