Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

I know this was asked quite often, but when will you finish Hud?
Why is it so difficult to program it? (No insult just interest)
Old 10-23-2007, 11:35 AM

Is it possible to export for example all hands for a certain player. I like to analyze players with friends.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just downloaded HM.. can I get a cliff notes on what is supposed to work and what isn't? the HH replayer is completely busto yes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cliff notes are I've been working on a big new build for a while and it will be released soon. HH Replayer is still broken - it works in the new build but unfortunately I had to make some changes which aren't working with the old build.

[ QUOTE ]

i want a tab where i can add my own querys against the database, that would be the sweetest thing in history.

[/ QUOTE ]

You get something even better - the ability to easily build custom reports where SQL knowledge is not even necessary. For example, this is the xml for the Flop CBet report based on number of players who saw flop which I posted a screen shot of earlier (btw, the plan is to have a report builder to hide the complexity even more but that is coming much later.)

<Report Name="Flop CBet Frequency" FilterByExpression="FLOP.cbetpossible = True" Version="1.0">
<Groupings>
<Grouping FieldExpression="PKH.NumberOfPlayersSawFlop" ColumnName="NumSawFlop" ColumnHeader="# Saw Flop" ColumnWidth="100"></Grouping>
</Groupings>
<Stats>
<Stat ColumnName="TotalHands" StatGroups="ALL" ValueExpressions="Count(PH.*) as TotalHands" Evaluate="TotalHands" ColumnHeader="Total Hands" ColumnFormat="0" ColumnWidth="61" Tooltip="Total Hands" />
<Stat ColumnName="CBetPct" StatGroups="Default" ValueExpressions="sum(case when FLOP.cbetpossible = true then 1 else 0 end) as FlopCbetPossible;sum(case when FLOP.cbetmade = true then 1 else 0 end) as FlopCbetMade;" Evaluate="FlopCBetMade*100.0/FlopCBetPossible" ColumnHeader="Flop CBet%" ColumnFormat="0.0" ColumnWidth="61" Tooltip="Total Hands" />
<Stat ColumnName="WonWithCBet" StatGroups="Default" ValueExpressions="sum(case when FLOP.CBetMade = true and FLOP.PlayerActionType_ID = 44 and PH.MaxStreetSeen = 1 then 1 else 0 end) as FlopTookDownPot; sum(case when FLOP.cbetmade = true then 1 else 0 end) as FlopCbetMade;" Evaluate="FlopTookDownPot*100.0/FlopCBetMade" ColumnHeader="Won With CBet%" ColumnFormat="0.0" ColumnWidth="61" Tooltip="Total Hands" />
</Stats>
</Report>

That creates this report:

[ QUOTE ]
imports are running at ~85 hands/minute made me physically LOL in exitement

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you mean 85 hands/second [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] New build should be even faster for you.

[ QUOTE ]

I got a bunch of 0 hands imported on maybe 1/4 of my exported Party HH's, looks like PT wrote the blinds as 0/0. I could probably do a search/replace on those files to get them imported, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you e-mail a few of those to me at tourneymgr@gmail.com. I'd rather just have HM import them without you having to mess around with them.

[ QUOTE ]
Please, pretty please let us import ipoker hands exported from PT?

[/ QUOTE ]

This will be coming but adding support for this is just like adding a new site since PT save ipoker hands in its own custom format.

[ QUOTE ]
Note taking in the HUD?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty key

[ QUOTE ]
When I sort on blind level, it puts 1.5/3 below 1/2, 2.5/5 below 2/4 etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, ok. Will fix this.

[ QUOTE ]
I know this was asked quite often, but when will you finish Hud?
Why is it so difficult to program it? (No insult just interest)

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't that it is so difficult it is just that I've decided to focus on the Manager part of the app until I'm happy with it (which is getting very close). Once I release the HUD there will be a whole new pile of things to deal with so I need to make sure the manager is very stable. I understand that people are getting a little impatient - just bear with me a little longer.

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to export for example all hands for a certain player. I like to analyze players with friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can make the selected player = the player you want to analyze then go into the played hands tab and select all hands (or filtered hands if you only want to look at hands with certain conditions) and then select all of the hands using Ctrl-A or the mouse and right click and select Copy All Selected Hands to Clipboard. You can then open up Notepad and press Ctrl-V and then save the file.

Actually... I think this might only be in the new build and in fact, I think I'll add a new option to save all selected hands to text file to save a few steps.

rvg
Old 10-23-2007, 01:14 PM

When I imported some Stars tourneys that were played at the same time I got some file duplicate errors. These files were still processed (to be more precise these files were not processed live but as a batch of finished games) but the so called "duplicate" files were left in the stars folder (these files had to be manually moved). In the pokerhand table perhaps the tourney number could also be recorded, this would allow for a more refined report selection.

When you helped me get the postgres working after a machine reboot, I had deleted my original database and reprocessed the hands. Each time you process a file you keep prepending time and date info on the file name, that could get a bit messy overtime. Not sure if a utility to strip that info off the filenames or just limit one set of timedata to the filename would be a bit better.

I have not loaded the last beta, waiting on the next version. Big job that keeps getting bigger I bet, great you keep such a responsive approach. These issues are just heads up stuff not meant to make you lose focus.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:55 PM

The missing hands were operator error - PT was putting hands in strange places.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:04 PM

sorry, but 157 page is to long to read
but does HM allow me to manuel input the rakeback and bonus gain per month? and calculate it?
i know HM is not a bankroll management software, but is it hard to add manuel input function? i really prefer that one software would do everything.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does HM allow me to manuel input the rakeback and bonus gain per month? and calculate it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can enter %'s or $ amounts for rakeback and bonuses. If you specify a rakeback % then it will be applied on all hands where rake is generated and can be graphed along with your winnings.

rvg
Old 10-23-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I imported some Stars tourneys that were played at the same time I got some file duplicate errors. These files were still processed (to be more precise these files were not processed live but as a batch of finished games) but the so called "duplicate" files were left in the stars folder (these files had to be manually moved). In the pokerhand table perhaps the tourney number could also be recorded, this would allow for a more refined report selection.

When you helped me get the postgres working after a machine reboot, I had deleted my original database and reprocessed the hands. Each time you process a file you keep prepending time and date info on the file name, that could get a bit messy overtime. Not sure if a utility to strip that info off the filenames or just limit one set of timedata to the filename would be a bit better.

I have not loaded the last beta, waiting on the next version. Big job that keeps getting bigger I bet, great you keep such a responsive approach. These issues are just heads up stuff not meant to make you lose focus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, all of these points are appreciated and will be / already have been addressed.

rvg
Old 10-23-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
does HM allow me to manuel input the rakeback and bonus gain per month? and calculate it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can enter %'s or $ amounts for rakeback and bonuses. If you specify a rakeback % then it will be applied on all hands where rake is generated and can be graphed along with your winnings.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]
this is too sick
i must ask you to work 24hr a day to speed thing up.
i want this yesturday.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:58 PM

i keep getting this error (and i have 2.0 .net framework or w/e installed and postgreSQL installed etc):

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue etc...

Could not find a part of the path'C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Desktop\Config\HoldemManager.Config'