[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-28-2007, 05:35 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 05-28-2007, 07:02 AM

Default Re: Official Party Regulars Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hotlikepolpot,

from the few past dozen posts you can see that this is a game full of ego's. I'm not saying that a bad thing, in fact extremely humble people tend to be bad card players. Whatever the case is, every poker player, bad or good, only has respect for a handful of players. I have respect for a player like Axelf82 in the sense that he logs a ton of hands and therefore probably makes a ton, but i see him as nothing more than a regular TAG. To be honest, there are only TWO players that i would sit down with just to talk poker, and thats seabeast and jimmyhat.

[/ QUOTE ]

what did i do to deserve to be "one of the select few"

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank God I have known them both for over two years and can chat to them whenever I want. But I still suck [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2007, 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
we are so lucky to have poker superstars like mewse and seabeast in msnl

I do hope they play long enough to discover what true variance is and also what it is like when people start correctly adjusting to your play.

Even better is when you finally get bored of poker and dread playing but continue to do so for the money.

good times

[/ QUOTE ]

btw just for the record i have been playing for a living since 2002 =) and no, it's not always fun, duh
Old 05-28-2007, 08:47 AM

wow if you think fishywow if you think fishyfishy is tough to play against....

no knock against you jimmy, you play a style and play it fine imo. Just that 2/3rds of the regs at 5/10 play like that and its not very hard to play against. Mewse if you are having problems with them then im being honest when I say stay at 3/6 cause you are not ready for 5/10. And the fact that people are knocking MDMA here is lol, everything he wrote is pretty close to the truth.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
we are so lucky to have poker superstars like mewse and seabeast in msnl

I do hope they play long enough to discover what true variance is and also what it is like when people start correctly adjusting to your play.

Even better is when you finally get bored of poker and dread playing but continue to do so for the money.

good times

[/ QUOTE ]

btw just for the record i have been playing for a living since 2002 =) and no, it's not always fun, duh

[/ QUOTE ]

you must have made a lot of $$ on mid stakes (in the hundreds of K) so how come you havn't tried to play any higher stakes (10/20+) or have you and it went badly?
Old 05-28-2007, 11:43 AM

i have never really cared about being "the best", and for a long time wasn't motivated enough to bother testing myself or trying to really get anywhere... just not having to work was good enough. i was a limit grinder for ages, then june last year i started playing NL and started really crushing. I have made 300Kish since then mostly at 200-600NL but I am coming at it from the mindset of never wanting to have to work and thus setting up my future, rather than wanting to move up as high as i can and be the best. i bought an apartment recently and since then have played a bit of 10/20 and 5/10 but I am trying to make as much cash as I can, and removing ego from the equation i find it optimal to play a ton of 400NL tables and crush rather than swing all over the place at 2K and make the same amount of money anyway. if i could go back in time and play the old party 2K game obviously i would, but as it stands i have no interest in risking my sanity to "see how far i can go".

to be honest it's all a bit embarassing getting attention on here because i'm really not that good i am just playing below where i belong, i agree with ahnuld that basically all the 5/10 regs are at a similar level to fishy/myself, i'm just one of the only guys that never moves up and keeps beating up on the little kids instead... probably because i've been around long enough that now i just wanna make sure i get the moneys before it's too late.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have never really cared about being "the best", and for a long time wasn't motivated enough to bother testing myself or trying to really get anywhere... just not having to work was good enough. i was a limit grinder for ages, then june last year i started playing NL and started really crushing. I have made 300Kish since then mostly at 200-600NL but I am coming at it from the mindset of never wanting to have to work and thus setting up my future, rather than wanting to move up as high as i can and be the best. i bought an apartment recently and since then have played a bit of 10/20 and 5/10 but I am trying to make as much cash as I can, and removing ego from the equation i find it optimal to play a ton of 400NL tables and crush rather than swing all over the place at 2K and make the same amount of money anyway. if i could go back in time and play the old party 2K game obviously i would, but as it stands i have no interest in risking my sanity to "see how far i can go".

to be honest it's all a bit embarassing getting attention on here because i'm really not that good i am just playing below where i belong, i agree with ahnuld that basically all the 5/10 regs are at a similar level to fishy/myself, i'm just one of the only guys that never moves up and keeps beating up on the little kids instead... probably because i've been around long enough that now i just wanna make sure i get the moneys before it's too late.

[/ QUOTE ]
refreshing attitude , great post
Old 05-28-2007, 02:51 PM

wow that post completely summarises my attitude, only I am a lot lazier and win a lot less.

p.s. online poker will never die.

*cross fingers* [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Closed Thread