bet/call 5 41.67%
bet/3b 5 41.67%
check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2007, 09:27 AM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 16/12 over 103. At the time of this hand he was playing 12-14/10 though. His Attempt to steal is 36%, at the time it was in the mid 20s.

In the 53 hands I played at this table I ran 26/20. We have no 3betting history. 3betting for value given how often he is stealing seems obvious, but it leaves me wondering how 99 plays against his 3bet calling range. I have no idea if he is capable of 4betting me light esp given we don't have any history.

Given all that, this look standard?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $50
BTN: $116.15
SB: $73.35
Hero (BB): $50
UTG: $13.90

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.75</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $16.75</font>, Hero folds

Results: $11.25 Pot
BTN mucked and WON $11.25 (+$5.75 NET)

[/ QUOTE ]

I would probably also have let this one go considering he can't really assume you're 3-betting light if this is the first time you've played back at him.

Shoving seems sketchy at best and calling here with 99 OOP isn't going to be a lot of fun either.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2) Use HM's forthcoming HUD which has the ability to mark hands in play, and then look at them quickly and easily in HM with stats overlaid for consideration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you give me more info about this HM you speak of and when it will be available? Also, will the overlaid stats be as of the time the hand in question was played, or cumulative and up-to-date as of last hand played against that villain?
Old 10-11-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you give me more info about this HM you speak of and when it will be available? Also, will the overlaid stats be as of the time the hand in question was played, or cumulative and up-to-date as of last hand played against that villain?

[/ QUOTE ]

final version should be ready in the next few weeks

the replayer will be able to overlay stats as you currently have them (which i imagine shouldn't diverge too much from the time the hand was played)

more info at www.holdemmanager.net
Old 10-11-2007, 10:13 AM

#1 looks good, I'll sometimes raise the flop depending on villain but I'd need a read.

#2 Fine too, I'll sometimes call there as well, but I'm a station.

#3 is good.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:08 PM

jgunnip:

#1: Yes.

#2: You shouldn't try for a bet/3bet here because you will shut out MP. Both check call and check raise are OK. I think the importance of not ending up in a tough spot on the turn in these situations is overrated, because sometimes your opponent will call the flop and fold the turn. However your check raise should be large enough that you can comfortably bet allin on the turn.

#3: Standard.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wanna share the ideas on how best to use the c-bet stats?

HM has 3-bet stats.... which will be awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they call cbets sparingly, cbet liberally.

[/ QUOTE ]

I check the pop-up stats to see who folds turns if they call a lot of flops, gives you a good idea on who to double barrel. You can also see which guys if they call a flop almost always look you up turn/river.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:57 PM

So I'm trying to understand pokerace stats more. What is a loose PFR? Does it work the same way as %ranges in sngpt? So if someone is 15% PFR does that mean he's raising 15% of his hand? What is loose, medium , and tight for PFR. What about Total agression postflop? What is loose, medium, and tight. For attempted to steal what position does that mean CO and button?
Old 10-11-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm trying to understand pokerace stats more. What is a loose PFR? Does it work the same way as %ranges in sngpt?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, yes.

[ QUOTE ]
So if someone is 15% PFR does that mean he's raising 15% of his hands?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

It means that of the hands you have recorded for that player, 15% they raised preflop.

[ QUOTE ]
What is loose, medium , and tight for PFR.

[/ QUOTE ]
PFR is a measure of aggression, not looseness.

A good NL 6max player will have a PFR very close to their VPIP rate. It would be reasonable to aim (subject to differences in games etc.) for the difference to be between 3% and 6% or so.

eg, 24/20, 19/15, etc.

[ QUOTE ]
What about Total agression postflop? What is loose, medium, and tight.

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, that's a measure of aggression, not of looseness.

Be aware that a player's aggression will be affected by their VPIP - A player that plays 12/9, would often have an aggression factor of 4 or 5 or 6, because they're only playing premium hands preflop and would logically have premium hands post flop.

By contrast, a player who plays 50/10/2 could be equally aggressive post flop, because they're playing so much junk that they can't raise.

A 50/10/6 player would be a crazy maniac.

[ QUOTE ]
For attempted to steal what position does that mean CO and button?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

It means they've raised unopened pots from the CO/Button/SB.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:29 PM

So if someone has a high VPIP and low PFR that means he's a calling station? How do I expolit that? So I should raise less because he calls too much?

If someone has a high PFR I should be 3 betting them more or calling in position to take it down?

I'm thinking % to steal is a good indicator whether or not to 3 bet also. How high of a % does it need to be for you to be 3-betting him with crap? If I see him 4-bet me alot does that mean I should 3-bet him less and only with premium cards?
Old 10-11-2007, 09:43 PM

To 3-bet or not to 3-bet depends mostly on how often they call, not how often they raise.