check/call 1 8.33%
bet/call 5 41.67%
bet/3b 5 41.67%
check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

Villain is 21/13/2.77 over 279 hands. This flop hits my range really hard, so I decided to take the line I would with a set or combo draw. When he minraises I feel like he's got a better overpair most of the time and I'm not sure if he can fold it.

How do you guys like the lead? Thoughts on 3betting the flop?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $36.50
SB: $50
Hero (BB): $67.35
UTG: $43.20
MP: $19.60
CO: $39

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, MP calls $1.75, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.25

Flop: ($5.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $3.75</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $7.50</font>, Hero ?
Old 10-11-2007, 12:47 AM

Villain is 16/12 over 103. At the time of this hand he was playing 12-14/10 though. His Attempt to steal is 36%, at the time it was in the mid 20s.

In the 53 hands I played at this table I ran 26/20. We have no 3betting history. 3betting for value given how often he is stealing seems obvious, but it leaves me wondering how 99 plays against his 3bet calling range. I have no idea if he is capable of 4betting me light esp given we don't have any history.

Given all that, this look standard?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

CO: $50
BTN: $116.15
SB: $73.35
Hero (BB): $50
UTG: $13.90

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.75</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5.50</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $16.75</font>, Hero folds

Results: $11.25 Pot
BTN mucked and WON $11.25 (+$5.75 NET)
Old 10-11-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Karp...your results are breakeven over a decent sample. Simplify your game. Tighten up. Don't open limp trash hands like K8s. You do realize you'll have a flush by the river like 3-4%? You'll flop a flush 1% of the time. And you'll only flop a flush draw 10%?

So, limping behind with this trashy suited hands requires you to hit flops because you are going to be playing them multiway. They have no inherit showdown value on their own.

So, if you really want to play these hands. Raise, to isolate against bad players. But, make sure you are raising bad preflop players that can fold post flop. If they can't, tighten up. A bet bet bet your good hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 10-11-2007, 01:01 AM

How do you go through cash hh really fast and picking the hand your having trouble with? I know for sng you can use sngpt but is there a program for cash?
Old 10-11-2007, 01:06 AM

What I do is sort by pot size in Poker Tracker or Hold'em Manager and look at any pot over 20BBs. Then it's just a matter of evaluating lines, figuring out where money went in, and using pokerstove.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:10 AM

It's a lot more work in cash. It's like blackize says. But, you should be looking at their entire range in pokerstove. Getting it in bad, doesn't necessarily mean you played it bad.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:14 AM

Yeah I should have been more clear. We aren't just pokerstoving what they had, but their entire range.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:28 AM

Jbrochu AQ hand: Flop - Gutshot? What gutshot? This flop does hit a lot of calling hands but it misses a lot as well - small pairs, AT, Ax suited, etc. I would bet on the grounds that some of my outs might not be clean - I could be up against AJ, A9, QJ, KT, a heart draw etc. So my hand has a bit of negative implied odds. Check is reasonable though.

Turn I would generally call, raise and check behind river is also an option.

River vbet 100% of the time, your hand looks like the bare Ah so you will get calls from a lot of stuff.

Karp:

[ QUOTE ]
One thing I dont understand. Villain is far more likely to have trips than a FH. Wouldnt I need to protect my flush by 3betting?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how bad this guy was, but a lot of players, even bad ones, will fold a bad jack in that situation. You might think "great, I've protected my hand" but let's look at what you've protected. If he has trips, he will make a full house on the river around 23% of the time. The pot if you call on the turn is $52, so the equity you are protecting is 23% * $52 = roughly $12. Plus, if you're winning at the moment, you are far more likely than him to be the beneficiary of any additional action on the river, since most fulls are obvious to you as they involve the board double pairing. To protect this $12 in equity, you're hurling $59 or so into the pot and are drawing dead when beaten, so you'd better be REALLY sure you have the best hand. I really don't think he has bare trips 4 times for every time he's full or has the ace flush, which is what those numbers imply he has to have.

Cliff notes: When protecting your hand in NL, make sure you realise that you are only protecting the equity in the pot your opponent would have had if you just called, NOT protecting the whole pot.

blackize first hand: nh. I always lead in this spot with a player behind the raiser, it makes it difficult for them to play back at you as they might run their hand into the other guy. After he raises you got the answer you're looking for - that you're beaten - so fold.

second hand:

Old 10-11-2007, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you go through cash hh really fast and picking the hand your having trouble with? I know for sng you can use sngpt but is there a program for cash?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) When you're playing, note the HH number (or even just your cards) and search through your database for it later

or

2) Use HM's forthcoming HUD which has the ability to mark hands in play, and then look at them quickly and easily in HM with stats overlaid for consideration.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:39 AM

Or just copy and paste trouble HHs into notepad right after playing them.