30-34 27 11.44%
35+ 32 13.56%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: Official October Thread: General Discussion

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
harrington25, if you post on here, tell me why you wont play me anymore after winning 13 grand off me. seriously, how does that make any sense?

[/ QUOTE ]
i think i met this guy at turning stone and he was an idiot, if that explains it

[/ QUOTE ]

He also was pretty weird. My first instinct was to punch him in the face because we got into a rules dispute (I'm the opposite of a rules nit, however if i think im right, well... you guys know me, i can be dogmatic i suppose). Then we played a bit and I thought he actually was kinda nice. He had an unusual style and in certain games prob crushes. online he claimed to be a huge loser, and I think that is prolly accurate. his name is jared, fwiw.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FullTiltPoker Game #3847317732: Table Tartan (heads up) - $10/$20 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:50:57 ET - 2007/10/13
Seat 1: harrington25 ($9,346)
Seat 2: IHaveAStrong9 ($2,214.50)
harrington25 posts the small blind of $10
IHaveAStrong9 posts the big blind of $20
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to IHaveAStrong9 [Th 2h]
harrington25 raises to $65
IHaveAStrong9 calls $45

[/ QUOTE ]
nice pf there...

those hands dont look like he's that bad, ive seen worse from him live.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know this isn't a limit thread but...

played some hu limit for the first time in forever this week, after switching full-time to nl. Last night, I came home from the bar pretty drunk and loaded up a 30/60 lim hu table (lol bad idea). I ended up playing for about an hour and a half and took 3k off some dude. Woke up this morning, decided to try my luck again and won another 4k at 30/60, 15/30 and 10/20 hu 3-tabling. I was running well but it was also like something clicked since I left playing mostly limit hu and I was just playing on another level and running circles around the regs.

Since I've logged about 100k nl 6-max and some heads up hands, my limit game has fundamentally changed for the better. I'm thinking way more about ranges/hand-reading/varying lines than I used to playing limit. I think it's because I was playing limit hu for so long exclusively that it became robotic (bet/bet/bet/bet/bet/craise/bet/bet/bet) and I lost sight about some of the NL fundamentals that are so important to limit too.

Maybe it works the other way too; you guys should log 50k hands of limit hu and see how it affects your nl game.

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont think id ever go back to playing limit.
HU limit live though i could do.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
harrington25, if you post on here, tell me why you wont play me anymore after winning 13 grand off me. seriously, how does that make any sense?

[/ QUOTE ]
i think i met this guy at turning stone and he was an idiot, if that explains it

[/ QUOTE ]

He also was pretty weird. My first instinct was to punch him in the face because we got into a rules dispute (I'm the opposite of a rules nit, however if i think im right, well... you guys know me, i can be dogmatic i suppose). Then we played a bit and I thought he actually was kinda nice. He had an unusual style and in certain games prob crushes. online he claimed to be a huge loser, and I think that is prolly accurate. his name is jared, fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

was this a short cocky kid w/ tatoos?
Old 10-15-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

was this a short cocky kid w/ tatoos?

[/ QUOTE ]
negative, a new yorker who was lanky/gaunt brown hair.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he used to be a reg at bodog 10/20(last year)and won plenty there
Old 10-15-2007, 02:11 PM

took 46th or something in the mil yesterday.

was going to play the 750k but like 30 min into the stars...i was like, sigh i really dont feel like trying...and so i started just open shoving in random spots and trying to bust...but i just could not lose...i just kept losing one pot, then going all like 4 hands in a row and winning, and then losing one and then winning...it was so funny...finally by the 5/1k level i'm like i guess i should take this seriously...wish i would have ft'd it...but went really really really card dead in my last hour of survival...i had been playing pretty loose earlier so woulda been clutch to pick up some hands late but oh well...still a good finish for trying to lose 30 min into the thing. lololl donkaments.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:12 PM

Whatd you cash for?
Old 10-15-2007, 02:22 PM

I don't have rakeback on UB, but I've been told you can have multiple accounts there.

Can anyone confirm this?
Old 10-15-2007, 02:32 PM

5-10 has finnaly nearly got the better of me. Gonna give it till 100k hands i think if things dont improve its gonna be 400nl for a couple of months i think ;[

Closed Thread