View Poll Results: Group 4 - One vs. Five
The Shining 131 76.16%
Halloween 41 23.84%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2006, 06:17 PM

Default Re: THE SIMPSONS - Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I will vote to lynch Madtown.

I still don't see why DRP is alive if his info is accurate. I'm going to keep saying this until I can't say it anymore. We don't have any good reason to expect him to be alive. Everyone is retrofitting the possible scenarios so that he fits them.

But what do I know?

[/ QUOTE ]

do you not trust drp at all, or would you rather just go OH instead of MT?
Old 07-16-2006, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you not trust drp at all, or would you rather just go OH instead of MT?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think either is a particularly bad lynch on their own merits, although based on those merits, I think MT is the play today.

I have been thinking about DRP fake-seering, and whether he would give up a Mafia. I find it difficult to think that at the time he said MT was Mafia, he'd be giving up another Mafia. They are down two at that point already.

Having lived this long, he might be willing to give up OH as a fellow mafia, assuming that he can use the inaccuracy of some of his views to make it until endgame. I think this is an unlikely gambit also. He has to know that if most of his views are correct and he continues not to die at night, the village will turn on him. However, the mafia has been dying like flies in this game. Might be time for a gutsy play.

So I think if Don'tRaise is mafia, it is most likely that whoever we lynch today will be a villager. I'm not willing to clear him if we lynch a mafioso, though, for the reasons I've stated above.

If DRP is honest and if his peeks are correct, I can't imagine the mafia wouldn't have tried to kill him yet. They certainly didn't hesitate to strike at chuckles, despite his presumed doctor protection. Everyone seems determined to explain this by us having a second doctor. So if that is true and we believe all the claimants, village started this game with 3 cops (of varying levels of accuracy, I admit), 2 doctors, and a character with the power to bring someone back to life?

I don't know what the evil PCs do, but if they are just standard mafia, holy imbalance batman.

If we DO have another doc out there, surely it's the less accurate one. So how does DR cheat death every night?

Occam's razor: he is not dying because nobody is trying to kill him.

If he's accurately nailing mafia, why aren't they killing him? Can it JUST be because we haven't lynched Madtown? I think it is very likely his views are incorrect if he is honest.

I don't trust him. I just don't. I know if we hang Madtown and then we hang OH and they are both Mafia, I don't look so good, and I can live with that.

I just feel like everyone is immediately getting credit for a power role as soon as they claim it.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:58 PM

VR,

I don't completely disagree with you. I originally preferred OH for the <u>exact same reason</u>. But then I noticed that DRP is on OH. He even asked why we would go MT first. Hedging my bets, that's why I went with MT.

I, too, have questioned the game balance with 3 cops, but if 2 are useless, then they are more of a hindrance than a help. They could easily have us lynching villagers and clearing mafia. So - that makes them helpful to the mafia as much, if not more so, than to the village.

What concerns me most is the DRP and DW had lists they were suppose to be working from. And they did. Until last night. Last night DRP peeks OH, who is on DW's list and DW peeks Horn, who was on DRP's list.

Don and DRP,
I would like to know why you decided to forego your lists last night?
Old 07-16-2006, 07:01 PM

KM

Just to clarify - are you changing your vote to OH there?
Old 07-16-2006, 07:02 PM

VR, I agree.

If DRP is nailing mafia, the mafia should have tried to kill him; and they appear to have not.

The only explanation I see is that he has not been nailing mafia, at least up until today. His only view as mafia had been MT; and he has not accurately named any specific characters, except for the after-the-fact MDD/Lisa.

That is why I think we should lynch Our House first; it seems more likely that OH is a mafia that MT is, in the case that DRP is a somewhat unreliable cop.

If Our House is bad, then I'd feel better about a MT lynch tomorrow.

I don't see that it matters much; I'd imagine that we'll be lynching OH/MT the next 2 days, followed by DRP if those 2 don't pan out.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:05 PM

Sorry - no [b]vote Madtown{/b]

(You would think I would learn not to do that.....)
Old 07-16-2006, 07:06 PM

well...there is that bold enough for you [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Should I edit/fix?
Old 07-16-2006, 07:10 PM

Just to note; even if DRP is 1 for 2, he is by no means clean. Neither are his picks for regular villagers.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vote Madtown

DRP - I would still like to know why you chose OH to peek last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the absence, I've had some pretty awful spyware problems that I've had to crack down on.

Anyhow, I took OH mostly on hunch and on my inclincation to pick someone who hasn't had any significant bandwagon. I made it pretty clear that most of my personal suspects have been located in the chuck's designated group and that I intended to pick from that group. I have stated that I didn't trust Mdd, Horn, and Nichp. This might have made the mafia feel safe so they left me here to hopefully allow my credibility to rot away. So I took a shot with OH, someone I never had any stated suspicions of and someone who the mafia might've felt was "safe".
Old 07-16-2006, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to know why you decided to forego your lists last night?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought doing anything to tip off my picks became a bad idea and since Wiggum was incompetent, I'm not concerned with peeking the same guy he does. I don't want the mafia making a gameplan off my peeks, like they seem to be doing.