Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October PART DEUX

Here is a decent hand. I have a chance to improve albeit a small one and pretty good chance he didn't catch this flop hard as he would tend to slowplay it if he had something like an overpair or trips. Instead he opts to minraise me thinking that I could not have hit this flop at all but that won't fly cause I know that he knows that I am super aggro and will do the betting for him which makes it all the more likely for him to slowplay a good hand. So I raise him to take it down now although I could call and let him hang himself some more but if an ace comes off I am doomed as that is his most likely holding. Ax or A6.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $25
UTG: $15.65
BTN: $39.55
SB: $44.10

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, UTG calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 5 (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.60</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $3.20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.90</font>, UTG folds

Results: $8.50 Pot ($0.40 Rake)
Hero mucked 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and WON $8.10 (+$3.90 NET)
Old 10-26-2007, 12:37 AM

Well I went back to my old 7-tabling ways and screwed things up.

I have 500 hands to go.

Only 4 tabling for me.

Laterz
Old 10-26-2007, 12:39 AM

Mr. Pathetic.......

I do that sometimes on paired boards. It works especially well against certain opponents.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Athiugh bluffs work alot better at NL$100 where people can fold TPTK etc than at NL$25.

[/ QUOTE ]
You would be shocked at what some people fold in certain situations when you take a certain line. you just got to know what they thinking and how they approach the game. once you got that its game over.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you pick your spots well, then yeah you'll get folds.

Just hard to factor in tilt/that they think your a psycho so dont fold 2ndpair top kicker/Shove air because they think your full of [censored]/other

Be interesting to see if your winrate goes higher than it pteviously was though.

YOu had a decent sample before trying this or not&gt;?

[/ QUOTE ]
No decent sample at FT NL25 but playing the old way I guess I could beat it for ~5PTBB. I think if I iron this out and get it right which is a big IF, then I can double that easily but only time will tell. I do tilt like a mad man sometimes which playing this way will definitely kill me. Today was a good test of the tilt factor as I lost four buyins in about 1200 hands.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mr. Pathetic.......

I do that sometimes on paired boards. It works especially well against certain opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah i think it is yeti theorem or something. supposedly the theorem is a raise on a dry or paired board is a bluff and can't call a shove or raise. something like that.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:41 AM

Hell most good to decent TAG's will fold 88 to a flop 3bet there as long as you haven't done this too much and been pounding on them constantly.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mr. Pathetic.......

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah i think it is yeti theorem or something. supposedly the theorem is a raise on a dry or paired board is a bluff and can't call a shove or raise. something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The theorom actually is that a 3bet on a board like that isn't really a hand.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a decent hand. I have a chance to improve albeit a small one and pretty good chance he didn't catch this flop hard as he would tend to slowplay it if he had something like an overpair or trips. Instead he opts to minraise me thinking that I could not have hit this flop at all but that won't fly cause I know that he knows that I am super aggro and will do the betting for him which makes it all the more likely for him to slowplay a good hand. So I raise him to take it down now although I could call and let him hang himself some more but if an ace comes off I am doomed as that is his most likely holding. Ax or A6.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $25
UTG: $15.65
BTN: $39.55
SB: $44.10

Pre-Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG calls $0.25, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, UTG calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 5 (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.60</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $3.20</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8.90</font>, UTG folds

Results: $8.50 Pot ($0.40 Rake)
Hero mucked 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and WON $8.10 (+$3.90 NET)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats fine, got outs and minraise on that board = Weak imo.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:00 AM

A minraise isn't ever the 5?
Old 10-26-2007, 01:03 AM

Not if your playing aggro, its prob 6x/bluff/77+ IMO.

If he has a 5 id expect a call, however yeah sometimes its a 5x and hes not being fancy
Closed Thread