Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October

Hmm, interesting results after 400 hand session. I moved up to 6 tables and decided to play passive-ish. Not in relation to AF but checking behind some flops where I have marginal top pairs against aggro players and calling down. Playing draws way slower, generally calling.

When they donkbet into me with AQ, for example, on blank flop I just folded and every now and then called (again) to see how they respond on turn. Now I still mixed in a couple bluffs but made sure the situation was clear and it didn't look like I was making a play.

It seemed like people were GIVING money away when I hit a hand. They donkbet me over and over, I keep folding. Then when I end up calling and raising turn I got shoved on with a lot of nothing hands. Wow. Now I don't want it to make it sound like I'm a calling station--I'm using calls as pot control in most cases. Keeping the pot small and perhaps more importantlly letting them bluff the turn or errantly value bet middle/bottom pair all the way to river.

One small session kind of playing agaisnt how I normally do and results were good. Got stacked a few times and it didn't tilt me either. This never happens in cash games. Weird. Maybe I figured something out.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PJo336, your Attempt to steal is hella low do you make no effort to open up in later position.

I think I might be bringing down to much aggro 100-200nl part of my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, seriously, bump that up to 29% and you'd have a decent winrate.

[/ QUOTE ]

My attempt to steal is 33% and is netting me 16PTBB/100. I seriously think that if it weren't for being so damn blind hungry I would be busto right now.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:47 AM

vix, im pretty much a calling station too, controlling the pot like that works so well at 25nl cuz when u wanna actually make the pot big its so easy to manipulate against most of the weaker players

sean, wow, maybe i will steal more than but what limit are u at?
Old 10-12-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, interesting results after 400 hand session. I moved up to 6 tables and decided to play passive-ish. Not in relation to AF but checking behind some flops where I have marginal top pairs against aggro players and calling down. Playing draws way slower, generally calling.

When they donkbet into me with AQ, for example, on blank flop I just folded and every now and then called (again) to see how they respond on turn. Now I still mixed in a couple bluffs but made sure the situation was clear and it didn't look like I was making a play.

It seemed like people were GIVING money away when I hit a hand. They donkbet me over and over, I keep folding. Then when I end up calling and raising turn I got shoved on with a lot of nothing hands. Wow. Now I don't want it to make it sound like I'm a calling station--I'm using calls as pot control in most cases. Keeping the pot small and perhaps more importantlly letting them bluff the turn or errantly value bet middle/bottom pair all the way to river.

One small session kind of playing agaisnt how I normally do and results were good. Got stacked a few times and it didn't tilt me either. This never happens in cash games. Weird. Maybe I figured something out.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why we play in position [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've started doing this over the past month, and it has done wonders for the value I get from TP against the right opponents. The downside is the fact that if you are making them bluff, you pretty much have to call every bet they make. This sucks when a bluffy villain is going betPotWithDraw-BetPotNowThatDrawHit-ValueBetTheRiver.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
vix, im pretty much a calling station too, controlling the pot like that works so well at 25nl cuz when u wanna actually make the pot big its so easy to manipulate against most of the weaker players

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, 5nl plays nothing like this. Players are all too willing to call down with underpairs, anything hit flop. At 25nl they seem to throw bets out and fold to aggression. I always hear don't call, calling is bad, etc., but there's just no way. Just let them bluff. IMO most players want to bluff they just need a reason. You call and they gogogogogo.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, 5nl plays nothing like this. Players are all too willing to call down with underpairs, anything hit flop. At 25nl they seem to throw bets out and fold to aggression. I always hear don't call, calling is bad, etc., but there's just no way. Just let them bluff. IMO most players want to bluff they just need a reason. You call and they gogogogogo.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is 100% my belief at 25nl and 50nl, not sure it pertains to other levels as much tho whether higher or lower
Old 10-12-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm playing 50NL. For 25NL it netted me 30PTBB/100. Seriously, if you are on the button you should be raising any two broadway, all suited aces and kings, all suited connectors down to 54s, all suited one and two gappers down to 53s and 52s, all non-suited connectors down to 54. If the guy to your left is tight and it is folded to you in the cutoff, play the cutoff the same way. If he is loose, pare the cutoff down to any two broadway, suited aces, and suited connectors. The thing to remember is that even if the blinds are loose preflop and likely to call the raise you still are making them play a raised pot OOP. If you're current winrate is due to good play and not due to running hot, then this really will be a significant boost.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm playing 50NL. For 25NL it netted me 30PTBB/100. Seriously, if you are on the button you should be raising any two broadway, all suited aces and kings, all suited connectors down to 54s, all suited one and two gappers down to 53s and 52s, all non-suited connectors down to 54. If the guy to your left is tight and it is folded to you in the cutoff, play the cutoff the same way. If he is loose, pare the cutoff down to any two broadway, suited aces, and suited connectors. The thing to remember is that even if the blinds are loose preflop and likely to call the raise you still are making them play a raised pot OOP. If you're current winrate is due to good play and not due to running hot, then this really will be a significant boost.

[/ QUOTE ]

Id have to imagine ur doing other great things to have a 30ptbb than just raising the button more

do u by any chance have ur button vpip/pfr handy?
Old 10-12-2007, 01:14 AM

pj im playin 34 31 from the button. fyi
Closed Thread