Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 01:06 PM

Default Re: University of Florida student Tasered at Kerry forum

[ QUOTE ]
manbearpig,

You forgot the part where Kerry said he would answer the question. And the first portion was very informative and Kerry should be answering questions about him conceding the 2004 election.

Also, his jumping and yelling was him yelling that he is not resisting.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if I go into a jewelery store and yell "I'm not stealing your diamonds!" as I'm stuffing them into a sack and walking out the front door, that's somhow supposed to make it ok?
Old 09-21-2007, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
manbearpig,

You forgot the part where Kerry said he would answer the question. And the first portion was very informative and Kerry should be answering questions about him conceding the 2004 election.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if I go into a jewelery store and yell "I'm not stealing your diamonds!" as I'm stuffing them into a sack and walking out the front door, that's somhow supposed to make it ok?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't this analogy fits, since the cops had him on the ground when he was yelling about not resisting. I don't think he could even put up much of a fight at that point.

I don't know if this was excessive force on the part of the cops. I have not made up my mind as of yet, although the situation could have been handled a lot better. The kid was obvious looking for attention, but I doubt this was exactly what he wanted.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 questions

a) didn't you think his questions were good? people like chris matthews thought they were good qauestions.

b) how long did he talk total? seriously. I would guess maybe 90 seconds max?

c) were you aware of the points he brought up about kerry probably winning ohio, and knowing that, he conceded anway, right away?

[/ QUOTE ]

a) Irrelevant. As far as I can tell it was a private get together and they can censor as they wish.

b) Irrelevant. It wasnt how long he talked, it was what he was saying. It was obviously meant to be inflammatory.

c) I am missing this. Are you asking if I knew this previous to this video? Or are you making the point that the guy actually had something of substance to say?
Old 09-21-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
manbearpig,

[/ QUOTE ]

If he would have asked those questions in a civilized fashion instead of yelling and waving his book around and generally making an ass of himself I am pretty sure he would have gotten answers.

As to the jumping and screaming; I dont care what his intentions were for the jumping and screaming. As much as he disagrees with the cops they have authority and he has to listen. He didn't, and he paid for it.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a) Irrelevant. As far as I can tell it was a private get together and they can censor as they wish.

b) Irrelevant. It wasnt how long he talked, it was what he was saying. It was obviously meant to be inflammatory.

c) I am missing this. Are you asking if I knew this previous to this video? Or are you making the point that the guy actually had something of substance to say?

[/ QUOTE ]

youre the one who said he had nothing to say informative, only inflammatory.

now youre saying he was censored for content and you're ok with that?
Old 09-21-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

youre the one who said he had nothing to say informative, only inflammatory.

now youre saying he was censored for content and you're ok with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. Read the response I wrote after yours. It wasnt that he had no content, it was the manner in which he was presenting it. That is why he was censored.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As much as he disagrees with the cops they have authority and he has to listen. He didn't, and he paid for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

so youre saying every request or question by th police mjust be complied with or answered?
Old 09-21-2007, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Meh. Read the response I wrote after yours. It wasnt that he had no content, it was the manner in which he was presenting it. That is why he was censored.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see. I suggest you watch some stuff that happens in the british house of commons sometimes.

so basically youre saying that if someone is speaking in a *manner* that you don't agree with, then they can be censored. ok.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he would have asked those questions in a civilized fashion instead of yelling and waving his book around and generally making an ass of himself I am pretty sure he would have gotten answers.

[/ QUOTE ]
His hand waving was irrelevant. John Kerry stated that he would answer the question. There is no need for him to be detained if his question was going to be answer.

[ QUOTE ]
As to the jumping and screaming; I dont care what his intentions were for the jumping and screaming. As much as he disagrees with the cops they have authority and he has to listen. He didn't, and he paid for it.

[/ QUOTE ]
He was screaming for them not to taser him and that he was not going to resist. He was not jumping as much as he was squirming around.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As much as he disagrees with the cops they have authority and he has to listen. He didn't, and he paid for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

so youre saying every request or question by th police mjust be complied with or answered?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, of course not. But if you dont do what they ask you to do I have no problem with them forcing you to do whatever it is they asked you to do? Little convoluted, but makes the point.

If post event it is determined they did something wrong then you will get compensated somehow. And they will be punished.

Again, if you are robbing a bank and a cop tells you to put down your gun and you dont, are they justified in shooting you? I dont see the difference really.