Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/10)

[ QUOTE ]

f) Baxter's a likable fellow, even if quiet. Cannot yet say that a good player, but better than most of the amateurs and pros postflop so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 09-13-2007, 03:11 PM

seriously who the f--- do phil hellmuth think he is?

its like todd brunson wrote in SS2.

somethign long the lines of "theres nothing i fidn more amusing than when a player of moderate means tells a guy worth millions that hes a sucker2.

i mean yeha u called out baxters hand phil but he owned u right back.
and who do u think u are berating him who actually made money contributing to society and made much more than youll ever do doing so phil, you play poker, you won money on poker, not the noble freakin prize u social donkey.

seriously the guy has big insecuirty issues.

oen thing that comes to mind is the wsop final table when he constantly took insurance from phil ivey.

its like he really wants to be a prt of the cool ganga nd thats why he did it so he could be pal with ivey.

one hellova narcissist he is.

but yeah youre a very good tournamentplayer though phil, ill give you that.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:15 PM

i think baxter mixed some good plays with some weird ones.

the AT hand where he raises on a A36rainbow board, i eman what was that? fold worse hands, uild huge pot against bigger ones?

and the riverchck with 2pair against matusow?

matusow also showed some flawed thinking, why did he raise flop with AQ and bet turn if he thought he was toast if he got called? not like theres much value in protecting your hand there, pretty dry flop.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:16 PM

talking about hand wher ehad had AQ against baxter sAk and rivered a Q for top 2pair
Old 09-13-2007, 03:18 PM

and really matusow what a jerk. he just behaves so bad.

anyway such unclassy behaviour towards baxter by hellmuth and mouth, bertaing him when he didnt even deserve it and they playe dlike donks htemselves.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and really matusow what a jerk. he just behaves so bad.

anyway such unclassy behaviour towards baxter by hellmuth and mouth, bertaing him when he didnt even deserve it and they playe dlike donks htemselves.

[/ QUOTE ]Mouth cannot laugh at anyone. The amateurish way he played his hand where he COULD NOT keep his mouth shut and talked Hellmuth right out of making the call. I've seen junior high school kids play with more sense, I'm beginning to think he's really stupid.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:12 PM

I thought Safai's line to Hellmuth about jerking himself off was classic (even though he was only repeating what others had said and he probably could've worded it more like Gabe), but then for Hellmuth to come back and say Safai has no class.. lolol.

Anyone who thinks Safai was out of line for talking to Hellmuth like that, has a severe case of selective memory. If you're going to give it, be prepared to take it when someone gives it back.

I've always enjoyed Hellmuth's game/antics, but the crap he was spewing about Mike Baxter was about as classless as it gets.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:20 PM

baxter seriously impressed me more in that epipsode then anyone on high stakes poker before, the j10 hand was a classic.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:54 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

he has to play sooner or later, as he is anteing and blinding...

[/ QUOTE ]

you do realize they get paid per hour to play on HSP, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they get paid more for a speaking role?

Do they get paid even more for each line spoken?

gg

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but if their antics are "good for the show" then they get asked back.

That's why Daniel, Mike, Persian Antonio and both Phils keep getting invited back. Not for their play, but for their antics and table talk. And for Daniel's sick hand reading. And everyone wants to see Doyle, Barry & Jennifer play, so they keep getting invited back even though Barry & Jennifer are silent nits. Doyle is sort of the token class act.

That's why Persian Antonio came back to the table to shoot the [censored] even though he wasn't playing. More TV time, more exposure, more antics.

"Camera man, look at me! See, sponsors - Air time! Pay me to wear your sunglasses & designer shirts because I'm on TV and people think I'm cool. See how cool I am!"

Giant douche, yeah, but I'd murder my own mother to have his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry is definitely not a nit.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:18 AM

I personally think that Hellmuth was rude to Baxter. He could have congratulated him for his play instead of cutting down the newcomer. I think if they were handing out bracelets for the rudest [censored] alive Hellmuth would take them all. He is a great tournament player but he stinks at cash games. He has had no class this whole season. Love that the new guys haven't been taking his crap.