Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Infidelity

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The human beast does not mate for life and we should stop assuming otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure it does. All the [censored] time.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously it does, and sometimes a monkey might get randy and try and cornhole a goat, but it's not really in its nature.

I'm just saying that I think people far too often operate under the assumption that love is forever and that if it isn't, something has gone terribly wrong. That's a silly way to think, and I think we'd all be healthier folk if we accepted that a relationship can decay without anybody being an [censored].
Old 08-30-2007, 04:02 PM

Contrary to what many other people think I think it's more important for a man to actively find out what makes his wife happy and make sure she always has it. Lacking to do such is neglect, expecting her to know what she wants and to tell you such is expecting her to be like a man. If you are heterosexual you should not expect her to be able to tell you how to make her happy you must lead her there.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If your marriage was like a business relationship then why don't you let her continue to bang her new bf and not get a divorce? That way you could keep the house and an intact family unit. Obviously there would have to be some ground rules like the other dude can not enter your domicile and bla, bla, bla...

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be called an open marriage and neither of us are into that.

My wife wants to divorce and start a new life with her boss. She thinks she will have a happier life. I wanted to reconcile but I gave up a few weeks ago bc it was like talking to a drug addict. Now I wait for their relationship to die and then decide what is best for the kids. If they are still young, then I may consider reconciling but if they are old enough to remember a lot of details then it's too late anyways.....the damage will have already been done so no poiunt reconciling.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My wife wants to divorce and start a new life with her boss. She thinks she will have a happier life. I wanted to reconcile but I gave up a few weeks ago bc it was like talking to a drug addict. Now I wait for their relationship to die and then decide what is best for the kids. If they are still young, then I may consider reconciling but if they are old enough to remember a lot of details then it's too late anyways.....the damage will have already been done so no poiunt reconciling.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are obviously still in denial. You have false hopes of her coming back to you. Eventually you will accept that you don't have any control over the situation and the marriage is over...
Old 08-30-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Contrary to what many other people think I think it's more important for a man to actively find out what makes his wife happy and make sure she always has it. Lacking to do such is neglect, expecting her to know what she wants and to tell you such is expecting her to be like a man. If you are heterosexual you should not expect her to be able to tell you how to make her happy you must lead her there.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you expect men to read minds? Is it also incumbent on the wife find out what makes hubbyt happy?
Old 08-30-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are obviously still in denial. You have false hopes of her coming back to you. Eventually you will accept that you don't have any control over the situation and the marriage is over...

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't have false hopes (anymore)that my wife will come back. I know her relationship with her boss will end at some point, it may take 5 years but it will end. Unlike my wife, I am not chasing a dream of being in a lovey dovey marriage. I have yound kids now and if it takes reconciling and living in a business like marriage in order for my kids to not be [censored] up, then that is what I would do. If I had no kids, there would be no talk of reconciling.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:12 PM

slim,

you said you're asian, is your wife asian as well?
Old 08-30-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
slim,

you said you're asian, is your wife asian as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.....are you going to make a penis size comment?
Old 08-30-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Contrary to what many other people think I think it's more important for a man to actively find out what makes his wife happy and make sure she always has it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And when that "something" is a new man....
Old 08-30-2007, 04:16 PM

Sounds like slim has false hopes that his wife can't be happy with anyone else. That he is the only possible avenue to her happiness and she just burned her last bridge and is confined to a life to sadness (although it may take up to 5 years, LOL).