Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 05:37 PM

Default Re: The Mike Vick case... am I a life nit?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i don't particularly value a human life over that of a dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

This line of thought baffles me.

[/ QUOTE ]

convince me. opinions can be changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really care to convince you. You can think what you want. We obviously have different viewpoints about animals, thats all. I just can't comprehend the love some people have for animals, but it obviously exists so I won't argue with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't love for animals so much as it is not having any reason to believe humans are more important than animals.

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously you're not familiar with the Bible
Old 08-20-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i don't particularly value a human life over that of a dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

This line of thought baffles me.

[/ QUOTE ]

convince me. opinions can be changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really care to convince you. You can think what you want. We obviously have different viewpoints about animals, thats all. I just can't comprehend the love some people have for animals, but it obviously exists so I won't argue with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't love for animals so much as it is not having any reason to believe humans are more important than animals.

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously you're not familiar with the Bible

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i do not subscribe to the bible, that is correct. i only use it to come up with ideas for pranks involving locusts and signs to make for football games.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you the kind of mod who argues in a thread and then bans people who disagree with him?

It's a torturing/killing dogs vs. beating up women thing, then.

If first-time woman beaters don't usually get jail time, then neither should Vick, because beating up women = worse than killing dogs. IMO.

And WTF at people saying you can't compare the two... that's exactly how punishments and sentencing are determined!! Is this crime worse than x crime? That's how it's done, for cripes' sake.

[/ QUOTE ]
The meat of the charges is coming from the fact that what he did essentially amounts to organized crime. So you can say that it's comparing killing dogs to beating women all you want, but it's the wrong comparison. To use your arguments, you need to compare beating up women to organized crime. When you do that I think you'll find that the punishment is just what you'd expect given the degree Vick went in this endeavor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, come on now. The "organized crime" is the operation of a dogfighting ring, for cripes' sake. And allowing gambling on it.

I don't think gambling or taking dogs across state lines should be illegal, so yeah, I guess I still think wife-beating is worse than the "organized crime" Vick is charged with.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:44 PM

drew,

do you seriously not understand that mike vick did more than just beat up a dog? or even a few dogs? why do you not grasp this very simple fact?
Old 08-20-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most people who commit domestic violence do not serve any time on the first offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Source?

I suspect that much of these "facts" you keep spouting are just pulled out of your ass.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, come on now. The "organized crime" is the operation of a dogfighting ring, for cripes' sake. And allowing gambling on it.

I don't think gambling or taking dogs across state lines should be illegal, so yeah, I guess I still think wife-beating is worse than the "organized crime" Vick is charged with.

[/ QUOTE ]

On this I agree with you. If Vick were operating, say, a high-stakes tiddlywinks gambling ring across multiple states instead of dogfighting, I would say he's awesome, instead of a piece of [censored].
Old 08-20-2007, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Most people who commit domestic violence do not serve any time on the first offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Source?

I suspect that much of these "facts" you keep spouting are just pulled out of your ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's right, you usually spend the night in jail, but unless you have some kind of priors the most likely sentence is anger management counseling, maybe some fines or community service, probation, etc.

but, since drew is insisting on comparing this directly to domestic violence, the most common sentence for a first-time animal abuser is usually even less. a fine. they take your pets. nobody goes to jail for that either.

what vick did is systematically abuse and exploit animals for profit over a number of years. what do you suppose you get for your 20th assault charge against a human, drew?

on top of that, vick didn't just organize a gambling operation. he organized the brutalization of animals, which hundreds of people participated in or witnessed. if you want to compare it to humans again, which is stupid anyway, he ordered hundreds of assaults or tortures or murders over a period of years, and paid for them to take place. that is organized crime.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you the kind of mod who argues in a thread and then bans people who disagree with him?

It's a torturing/killing dogs vs. beating up women thing, then.

If first-time woman beaters don't usually get jail time, then neither should Vick, because beating up women = worse than killing dogs. IMO.

And WTF at people saying you can't compare the two... that's exactly how punishments and sentencing are determined!! Is this crime worse than x crime? That's how it's done, for cripes' sake.

[/ QUOTE ]
The meat of the charges is coming from the fact that what he did essentially amounts to organized crime. So you can say that it's comparing killing dogs to beating women all you want, but it's the wrong comparison. To use your arguments, you need to compare beating up women to organized crime. When you do that I think you'll find that the punishment is just what you'd expect given the degree Vick went in this endeavor.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's organized, and it's crime. And it's crime set up not to gamble on arbitrary things like a lottery, but specifically on things outlawed for their brutality. There's no reason to put quotes around the words organized crime as if organizing animal deathsports was somehow not really organizing something and animal deathsports weren't a crime. Who's kidding who here?
Old 08-20-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Source?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know from my criminal lawyer friends that most of these cases get plead out w/no jailtime or very little.

What about sources for your "facts" about the other crimes?
Old 08-20-2007, 05:56 PM

oh and to answer your question yes i have banned people for being retards in threads like this. and if i get ready to ban you be sure i will tell you first. you are being retarded beyond belief here.