Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2007, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Had a blood-boiling experience at Best Buy this morning...

LOL, I just sat for the bar and went through the whole application process. But I clearly have no clue. The Board is not going to care about a [censored] conversation with police you may have had at Best Buy. They aren't going to make you go in front of the ethics committee and explain it. Unless you have a seriously flawed record you aren't going in front of the committee. Get a clue and get over yourself. They don't care about [censored] like you.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:54 PM

sick comeback by tony p
Old 08-10-2007, 12:57 PM

Sorry pal - everyone in my state has a Character and Fitness review. Last year a student in the class above me was unable to sit for the bar after he failed to mention that he was investigated by the IRS about 12 years ago even though he was cleared of any wrong doing.

And as I mentioned in the ORIGINAL POST, I have a few PI arrests in undergrad that have won me extra scrutiny during the process. What state are you practicing in? I'd love to head there since they clearly let anyone sit for the bar....
Old 08-10-2007, 01:00 PM

Of course you have to disclose everything. Of course they review your disclosures. Not disclosing an IRS review is dumb. No one goes in front of the ethics committee unless you really are a [censored]. So apparently you really are a [censored]. Have fun out there.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course you have to disclose everything. Of course they review your disclosures. Not disclosing an IRS review is dumb. No one goes in front of the ethics committee unless you really are a [censored] . So apparently you really are a [censored]. Have fun out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, EVERYONE in my state has to have a Character and Fitness review. I'm not sure how to make that any more clear. I think you are confusing a C&F review with an ethics violation during practice that results in an ethics investigation and possible sanctions.

Are you sure you're an attorney? You're reading comprehension seems a little rusty for someone who has to rely on it on a daily basis.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:39 PM

LOL, you are funny. C&F review != hearing in front of the committee. You said you did not want to explain this in front of the ethics committee. Well, since you cited the NJ student practice act above, I'm assuming that is where you are going to practice. NJ's Regulations governing character (section 303, if you want to look) states that a hearing shall happen only upon the determination of a Committee member that the person is not fit to practice law.

So again, like I said, no hearing unless you are a [censored]. Hearing != C&F review. Clear enough for you? If you are in a different state, I know most states operate in a similar fashion, so it shouldn't matter all so much. So, like I said, have fun!
Old 08-10-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again, EVERYONE in my state has to have a Character and Fitness review. I'm not sure how to make that any more clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

So lawyers can't tell a**holes to get to the back of the line? Weird profession.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:43 PM

take another hit, revots....
Old 08-10-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, I just sat for the bar and went through the whole application process. But I clearly have no clue. The Board is not going to care about a [censored] conversation with police you may have had at Best Buy. They aren't going to make you go in front of the ethics committee and explain it. Unless you have a seriously flawed record you aren't going in front of the committee. Get a clue and get over yourself. They don't care about [censored] like you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to defend OP, who I'm on record as thinking is either a huge troll or a huger douche, but an assault conviction can absolutely [censored] you. Friend of mine has been unable to sit for the bar in New Hampshire because of a misdemeanor assault charge he got like 8 years ago in undergrad.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:56 PM

Thank you seth... except for calling me a troll/douche (whats a troll btw?)

Crimes involving violence or dishonesty will absolutely result in me not sitting for the bar.