Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Chicago Bears 2007 Official Thread

[ QUOTE ]
In all reality the offense is really tailored for Griese at this point. They are sitting on the ball and playing "not to make mistakes" because the defense is so good. Well right now the defense looks tired and hurt. And the offense is not moving the ball at all. This sounds like a great strategy.

I love how everyone comes out and pins this on Grossman. The Cowboys walk down the field on the first drive of the second half with the same play over and over. Then with everything going wrong, Hestor barely making it out of the end zone on the kickoff, Rex makes a nice run on third down and the Bears go down the field and tie the game. Then even though the defense had that whole offensive series to adjust to a simple pattern, not the three and out they often complain about, the Cowboys go down the field the same way and score again. Then after the only decent return of the whole night, Grossman throws a nice ball to Benson. Then next play on one of the few decent play calls Benson fumbles. The Cowboys kick a field goal to go up 10.

Then Grossman then tries to force a ball on another out. It gets picked and returned for a touchdown. He's clearly the problem! Don't worry about the defense or Benson, who were responsible for being 10 points down. It's Rex's fault for trying to force a ball when the Bears need to get down and score quick.

[ QUOTE ]
I hope they stick with Grossman forever

[/ QUOTE ]This is why you are a bad poster. I remember in 2005 when you said that the Bears can't win with a QB who is there to "not lose the game." And of course that "Bears fans are obsessed with bad QBs and winning with defense and running." Which is spot on. And I'm sure makes you chuckle right now.

I know your just trolling to antagonize Bears fans when they're down, but jesus. I could start a post about how Kurt Warner should be starting over Leinart because Leinart is terrible, but nobody cares about the Cardinals.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Cowboys fan I've been defending Rex all day. he didn't drop that pass on the 10 that was a sure 7 to take the lead. he didn't miss all the tackles on Barber, and all the coverage on TO and Witten. Crayton and Hurd are barely threats, so TO just has to be covered better. And the special teams was a clear Cowboys win (as you mentioned), which again has nothing to do with Rex.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:26 PM

I'm glad you guys lost, why should you be happy when the Chargers are 1-2 and beat you week one? Admit it, it wouldn't be fair otherwise. Bolts got raped on national TV Sunday Night, now its your turn. We both got big problems. QB for you, coaching for me.

I will root for the Bears the rest of the way, but you have to root for the Chargers. My yogic powers are ever increasing, so its in your interest to adopt the Chargers as your AFC team, and not fake this, or it will only increase Bolt dominance and Bear frustration. On the other hand, if you do this right, I fully expect a Charger/Bear Super Bowl.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:41 PM

What you might want to do, since your minds are so undisciplined, is go ahead and punch the moneyline on the Bolts for say $100 or so, every week. That should do the trick.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd stick with Grossman for the next game. McNabb torched the Lions for big numbers. The Bears play the Lions this week and a big game would help get Grossman's confidence back. I can see Rex improving his QB rating from 42 to maybe 60.

[/ QUOTE ]
Incidentally, I've been in the car for a couple of hours today and this is what hosts and callers to the sports talk shows are saying.

I can't believe how terrible it is. The worst thing possible would be for Grossman to light up the Lions and further hypnotize Lovie. Then we can sit by for another four weeks while Lovie composes a song titled "Rex is our quarterback." All the while we can keep playing with an inferior quarterback.

The time for keeping Rex in his happy place is over. Sack him.

Maybe it won't matter. The Detroit defense is leading the league in turnovers and so is Rex.

O/U on number of times Bears turnover the ball this week (assuming Rex plays the whole game) = 4

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying as a Bears fan it would be bad if the Bears steamroll the Lions and Grossman has a big game? Then when the Bears play the Packers the next week at Lambeau Grossman will have a good game under his belt and his confidence back.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:22 PM

griese is not the answer. At all. He doesn't make good decisions and doesn't ever have enough positive variance to win a game, unlike rex.

As much as I don't like saying it, TJ > than current rb's if this fumble/game thing keeps up.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And as a Miami fan you haven't earned the right to bitch about quarterback play. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since Marino:

Jay Fiedler
Ray Lucas
Brian Griese
A.J. Feeley
Sage Rosenfels
Gus Frerotte
Daunte Culpepper
Joey Harrington
Cleo Lemon
Trent Green
Old 09-24-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In all reality the offense is really tailored for Griese at this point. They are sitting on the ball and playing "not to make mistakes" because the defense is so good. Well right now the defense looks tired and hurt. And the offense is not moving the ball at all. This sounds like a great strategy.

I love how everyone comes out and pins this on Grossman. The Cowboys walk down the field on the first drive of the second half with the same play over and over. Then with everything going wrong, Hestor barely making it out of the end zone on the kickoff, Rex makes a nice run on third down and the Bears go down the field and tie the game. Then even though the defense had that whole offensive series to adjust to a simple pattern, not the three and out they often complain about, the Cowboys go down the field the same way and score again. Then after the only decent return of the whole night, Grossman throws a nice ball to Benson. Then next play on one of the few decent play calls Benson fumbles. The Cowboys kick a field goal to go up 10.

Then Grossman then tries to force a ball on another out. It gets picked and returned for a touchdown. He's clearly the problem! Don't worry about the defense or Benson, who were responsible for being 10 points down. It's Rex's fault for trying to force a ball when the Bears need to get down and score quick.

[ QUOTE ]
I hope they stick with Grossman forever

[/ QUOTE ]This is why you are a bad poster. I remember in 2005 when you said that the Bears can't win with a QB who is there to "not lose the game." And of course that "Bears fans are obsessed with bad QBs and winning with defense and running." Which is spot on. And I'm sure makes you chuckle right now.

I know your just trolling to antagonize Bears fans when they're down, but jesus. I could start a post about how Kurt Warner should be starting over Leinart because Leinart is terrible, but nobody cares about the Cardinals.

[/ QUOTE ]

this makes me a sad panda

the two are not inconsistent

given the choice between a guy who doesn't create and doesn't manage the game v a guy who doesn't create and does manage the game, I'd go with Griese.

I would've given Grossman his shot. He had it. He's shown he isn't a creator. He's just a chuck it down the field and hope his guy makes a play for creating. That's not the same thing.

Again, the Bears have neglected the QB position and going after a real one. They are reaping what they've sown. I'm pretty sure my comments are spot on and point to the flaw in the organization.

BTW---I think the Cards have rushed Leinart. But, without the rest of the pieces in place, it's ok to get him some snaps. My biggest fear is that the coaches are trying to turn Leinart into a game manager and it's [censored] him up.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And as a Miami fan you haven't earned the right to bitch about quarterback play. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since Marino one of the top 5 QBs in NFL history, while we Bear fans have never had an NFC single year top 5 QB..well maybe Erik Kraemer in '95 :

Jay Fiedler
Ray Lucas
Brian Griese
A.J. Feeley
Sage Rosenfels
Gus Frerotte
Daunte Culpepper
Joey Harrington
Cleo Lemon
Trent Green

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

Bear fans need to demand more than a game manager because the defense, especially with the recent injuries, isn't showing to be invincible.

If the Bears are to take the next step (WIN the Super Bowl), the offense of....

Run up the middle/run off tackle right/throw 8 yard out and hope to not turn it over while relying on defense and ST to win.

....is not going to be enough. Bears need an offense to score.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since Marino:

Jay Fiedler
Ray Lucas
Brian Griese
A.J. Feeley
Sage Rosenfels
Gus Frerotte
Daunte Culpepper
Joey Harrington
Cleo Lemon
Trent Green

[/ QUOTE ]
Jay Fiedler > Cade McNown
Ray Lucas > Jim Miller
Brian Griese > Chris Chandler
A.J. Feeley > Henry Burris
Sage Rosenfels > Kordell Stewart
Gus Frerotte > Chad Hutchinson
Daunte Culpepper > Jonathan Quinn
Joey Harrington > Craig Krenzel
Cleo Lemon > Kyle Orton
Trent Green > Rex Grossman

First off, I got the list from this wiki. If it's wrong, I don't care. Second off, if you try to argue a particular match-up, you'll definitely be wasting your time. Our last HOF qb was drafted in the 1930's. I'm not saying Miami has never started a qb dud. I'm saying that if you're complaining about Miami's QBs, you're in the wrong thread.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying as a Bears fan it would be bad if the Bears steamroll the Lions and Grossman has a big game? Then when the Bears play the Packers the next week at Lambeau Grossman will have a good game under his belt and his confidence back.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm saying that I'd much, much rather have Griese in to "steamroll the Lions." It'd be much better for the Bears if Griese was starting qb next week and had a boost of confidence and a feeling that he won't be hooked.

I really don't believe "steamrolling the Lions" would boost Rex's confidence that much, anyway. Do you think the boos would subside? It's not like he's only had one game to prove himself. Chicagoans haven't been hasty.