Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: RB (Choose 2)
Portis (@Houston) 17 48.57%
Kevin Jones (GB) 8 22.86%
Fred Taylor (@Ind) 9 25.71%
R. Droughns (Balt) 0 0%
D. McAllister (Atl) 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2007, 02:39 AM

Default Re: P5\'s top donk-n-go player is going pro

[ QUOTE ]
How are you quoting ROI numbers for 11k tourneys, then state that you didn't use any tracking software except for your last 2k SNG's? That makes no sense. Don't spout off numbers without posting Poker Tracker Screen shots, ect. Makes you look like you are WAY lying (if something doesn't make sense, it's usually not true). Also, if you play about 2000 SNG's a year, 11,000 SNG's would take you over 5 years of play. Surely no one grinds $5 SNG's for 5 years. The whole story just makes no sense.

Congrats on playing full time though....good luck in the future. Your shark numbers are very good for the small sample size.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense. I wish that Sharkscope has UB numbers because I could prove my claim then. It sure does seem outrageous, I know.

The stats you can see on Sharkscope have me at appx 30% over appx 1k SNGs at appx a $14 avg, so it shouldn't be a giant leap to see that 39% over 11,000 isn't that farfetched when you consider that a great majority of my early playing was at the $5 level, at a time period (2002-2005) where the SNGs were much softer/weaker than they are today. I would say that the $1.10 SNGs today at UB are tougher than the $5.50 SNGs were then.

I also agree that a cap of about 35% is acheivable today, post-UIGEA, IF that, at the $5 level.

Thank you so much for your well wishes!
Old 08-06-2007, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The stats you can see on Sharkscope have me at appx 30% over appx 1k SNGs at appx a $14 avg, so it shouldn't be a giant leap to see that 39% over 11,000 isn't that farfetched

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHHAHA

YOU UNDERSTAND SAMPLE SIZE AND VARIANCE RLY WELL SWEETHEART
Old 08-06-2007, 02:45 AM

I don't know why everyone is being so tough on Jennifear. She might make a nice living by teaching and playing $22s. No offense but I don't know why anyone would want you to teach them, but to each his own. I'd feel better paying $ to someone like pudge or even the guys at the STT forum who 12 table 27s for a nice roi. Good luck to you.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:46 AM

gigabet claimed that 75% ROI is likely to be possible pre-UIGIEA at Party $11s with single tabling, excellent table selection etc.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The stats you can see on Sharkscope have me at appx 30% over appx 1k SNGs at appx a $14 avg, so it shouldn't be a giant leap to see that 39% over 11,000 isn't that farfetched

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHHAHA

YOU UNDERSTAND SAMPLE SIZE AND VARIANCE RLY WELL SWEETHEART

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I do. My sample size of 1000 at 30% ROI is accurate to approximately +/- 5%. And obviously the $5.50 games even a couple of years ago were a lot easier to beat than the $16 games at stars now. So my post makes perfect sense.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How are you quoting ROI numbers for 11k tourneys, then state that you didn't use any tracking software except for your last 2k SNG's? That makes no sense. Don't spout off numbers without posting Poker Tracker Screen shots, ect. Makes you look like you are WAY lying (if something doesn't make sense, it's usually not true). Also, if you play about 2000 SNG's a year, 11,000 SNG's would take you over 5 years of play. Surely no one grinds $5 SNG's for 5 years. The whole story just makes no sense.

Congrats on playing full time though....good luck in the future. Your shark numbers are very good for the small sample size.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense. I wish that Sharkscope has UB numbers because I could prove my claim then. It sure does seem outrageous, I know.

The stats you can see on Sharkscope have me at appx 30% over appx 1k SNGs at appx a $14 avg, so it shouldn't be a giant leap to see that 39% over 11,000 isn't that farfetched when you consider that a great majority of my early playing was at the $5 level, at a time period (2002-2005) where the SNGs were much softer/weaker than they are today. I would say that the $1.10 SNGs today at UB are tougher than the $5.50 SNGs were then.

I also agree that a cap of about 35% is acheivable today, post-UIGEA, IF that, at the $5 level.

Thank you so much for your well wishes!

[/ QUOTE ]
You haven't answered the question of where you got your original ROI calculation from. Presumably you looked at how much your money increased in your account, and counted the number of SNGs you played for a certain limit by looking at the number of hand history files? Do you still have those files now?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
gigabet claimed that 75% ROI is likely to be possible pre-UIGIEA at Party $11s with single tabling, excellent table selection etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be true, but if he could pull that off, he is simply incredible. I don't think I could have cleared 35% there.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:50 AM

[/ QUOTE ]You haven't answered the question of where you got your original ROI calculation from. Presumably you looked at how much your money increased in your account, and counted the number of SNGs you played for a certain limit by looking at the number of hand history files? Do you still have those files now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I always have kept accurate records. I don't have any hand history records from UB.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:52 AM

that high roi might be possible at UB, esp a year ago. i was under the impression that UB games are softer but even the turbos or w/e they are called take a very long time. so its more $/hr to play at a harder site that has a better structure but with like half the roi.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be true, but if he could pull that off, he is simply incredible. I don't think I could have cleared 35% there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me give you the hot tip: You are no Gigabet.