Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 6, Sun., July 15**

[ QUOTE ]
khan is kinda prepared for this. he said just yesterday this has always been his dream, to go really deep in a huge tournament and be crazy.

i dont think ESPN will portray him as a douchebag, they will just interview him and show clips of him and portray him as the eccentric internet wunderkind, and let viewers decide what level of "douche" he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words, they will portray him as a douchebag. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
William Speadea raises to 200,000 from middle position and Kevin Farry reraises to 800,000 from the cutoff. It is folded back around to Spadea, who moves all in. Both players have a mountain of multi denominational chips that all look the same. Farry goes into the tank. He is looking at Spadeas stack, trying to calculate how much it will cost him. He eventually shrugs and makes the call.

William Spadea has {A-Clubs}{K-Clubs}
Kevin Farry has {9-Diamonds}{9-Clubs}

The flop comes {A-Diamonds}{6-Diamonds}{6-Clubs} and Farry will need to catch one of the two remaining nines, running diamonds to win - or running sixes to chop.

The turn {2-Hearts} and river {10-Diamonds} don't deliver and Spadea wins the hand.

The dealer starts to count the chips, and it turns out that Spadea has 4,500,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kevin Farry is the guy i dont like because of his douchebag rail last night, so YAY

Spadea walked with me to the front taxi line last night after we both were in line by the pavilion taxis for too long after play ended. Though he looks like the standard harley davidson biker megadonk, he's actually a foxwoods player who bought straight into the main event. and unlike most poker players over the age of 40, he was a very nice guy.

go spadea!
Old 07-15-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Featured Table - Christian Togsverd Eliminated in 33rd Place ($285,678)

Featured Table Hand #4 - Jon Kalmar has the button in seat 3, Kenny Tran raises from early position to 180,000, Tuan Lam calls from middle position, Stefan Mattson calls from the small blind, Christian Togsverd moves all in from the big blind for about 1.8 million, Tran folds, and Lam thinks for a few minutes before he calls. Mattson quickly folds.

Togsverd shows {A-Diamonds}{J-Spades}, and Lam shows {Q-Clubs}{Q-Spades}. Togsverd needs to improve to survive.

The flop comes {Q-Hearts}{9-Diamonds}{5-Clubs}, and Lam flops a set of queens to take a dominant lead in the hand. Togsverd needs something runner-runner to survive.

The turn card is the {4-Spades}, and Togsverd is drawing dead. (The meaningless river card is the {J-Diamonds}.) Lam wins the pot with his set of queens.

Christian Togsverd is eliminated in 33rd place, earning $285,678.

[/ QUOTE ]

30BBs preflop with AJo?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a "squeeze". a guy named harrington wrote about it once. you may've heard of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Padraig Harrington?

[/ QUOTE ]

Naw, pretty sure it was Joey Harrington.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think Dan, Padraig and Joey are all related aren't they?

also, WTF at the chips. this is borderline retarded. they cant possibly have looked over this situation twice. in railing last night, you had to have really sharp vision to tell the diff between the chips.

they are orange, peach, and salmon colored. ud think they would go orange, blue, and purple or something, jesus christ F the WSOP

What is with all this Alaei hate in this thread?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
William Speadea raises to 200,000 from middle position and Kevin Farry reraises to 800,000 from the cutoff. It is folded back around to Spadea, who moves all in. Both players have a mountain of multi denominational chips that all look the same. Farry goes into the tank. He is looking at Spadeas stack, trying to calculate how much it will cost him. He eventually shrugs and makes the call.

William Spadea has {A-Clubs}{K-Clubs}
Kevin Farry has {9-Diamonds}{9-Clubs}

The flop comes {A-Diamonds}{6-Diamonds}{6-Clubs} and Farry will need to catch one of the two remaining nines, running diamonds to win - or running sixes to chop.

The turn {2-Hearts} and river {10-Diamonds} don't deliver and Spadea wins the hand.

The dealer starts to count the chips, and it turns out that Spadea has 4,500,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kevin Farry is the guy i dont like because of his douchebag rail last night, so YAY

Spadea walked with me to the taxi line last night after play ended. Though he looks like the standard harley davidson biker megadonk, he's actually a foxwoods player who bought straight into the main event. and unlike most poker players over the age of 40, he was a very nice guy.

go spadea!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think Farry is the only one with a chance to catch Khan in the douche-off. But time is running out for him.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:20 PM

I don't like to criticize players who are better than me and are under a ton of stress, but a 150 BB pot all in preflop seems like too much to me with those hands
Old 07-15-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, WTF at the chips. this is borderline retarded. they cant possibly have looked over this situation twice. in railing last night, you had to have really sharp vision to tell the diff between the chips.

they are orange, peach, and salmon colored. ud think they would go orange, blue, and purple or something, jesus christ F the WSOP

[/ QUOTE ]

Even better why not use the same colours (but values doubled) to last year when they were real nice imo
Old 07-15-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think Farry is the only one with a chance to catch Khan in the douche-off. But time is running out for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has he done anything himself? Or is it because he knocked out Ho and friends on the rail were drunk?
Old 07-15-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is with all this Alaei hate in this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

People who have played him dont like him because he is probably better than them [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]