Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 06:56 PM

Default Re: aba caught bluffing against bobby baldwin in 1.8mil pot

[ QUOTE ]
I really wonder if Bobby's actually any good. It's nice to imagine that he is, but hard to see how that's possible if it's true he's hardly played in the last 20 years.

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't have to imagine...he's one of the best poker players of all time. He's seen people make plays on him countless times and more often or not he catches them.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:56 PM

if you add up all his posts about his results from the big games he is still up over 500k in the games, but yes he is a terrible live player i mean only being up 500k horrible just horrible..
Old 07-14-2007, 06:58 PM

Man, this really sucks.

Now that Brian lost this pot, he's clearly not even close to the best nl cash player in the world. What's Bobby Baldwin's SN online?
Old 07-14-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bobby "the Owl" Baldwin was a top road gambler before the won the World Series. He played the Oklahoma/Texas circuit at a very early age against the top players at the time. Later, in Las Vegas, it was generally understood that Baldwin was a cut above everyone else. The legend behind his name is what enouraged Steve Wynn to give him an unprecedented career path. He plays often enough and high enough to keep his hand in.

Brian is a nice enough fellow but he has himself fooled at this time. He is better online than he is live. Check the results. I don't care how many hands he has played, Farha and Baldwin are better live and may have better reads on Brian than he would understand at this time in his tender life. It is not one hand but a series of hands that sets up the big pot bust-out situation. He called a 400K bet with a straight in Omaha when there was a pair on the board. Then he blogged about it being a good play. Farha did not set that up all in one hand.

How many people have you heard of losing two million live in two days? Sure, Brian has a bankroll. So does Andy Beal. The regulars and winners in Bobby's Room are world class poker players. One way you evaluate your play is asking yourself how well you are doing in a particular joint or at a particular level.

Brain is obviously a brilliant young player. I doubt he can beat Bobby's Room. Sure doesn't look like it.

Two million is not a lot of money if you say it real fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

johnny most of your posts are awsome but if you really think farha is better than brian i dont think you are gonna find many people that agree with you.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People,

Reposting whole blog posts is against the rules. Please stop it.

Morons,

2,000 x 100 = 200,000

KKF,

Do you not have access to google wherever you are these days?

El Diablo,

It appears you do have access to google! Congratulations! Perhaps we should put this as a reason to live in the US instead of Thailand?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2007, 07:14 PM

according to all results brian has posted in his blog he was up 1.6 mill before this last session(this includes the farha HU sessions) so if he lost 800k in this last session he is still up 800k. he may have been selling pieces of himself for the early HU session where he beat up sammy so his actual profit may be less. i belive he has play 10-15 sessions. 800k is a nice profit from that. id be intrested to know who the big winner is after all these games. I hope brian rests on it and continues in the game.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:16 PM

I wish I had Brian's motivation to keep moving up in stakes. I get to like 20/40 NL and im like "I could keep beating these fools out of their money but whats the point? Just so I can move up in stakes again for the zillionth time?" (keep in mind I started at .10/.25 NL). I mean I've already moved up in stakes 8 times, the 9th time kinda seems meaningless to me..

Im glad Brian is able to actually keep playing and moving up and still has motivation to do so, whereas people like me are stuck playing lower stakes because we are too lazy to put in the hours to increase our bankroll.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:21 PM

ZBT: Bobby's SN is mgmRULZ1372

ifp: No inside info. Just that the game was full and the list was 9+ on Wednesday. Next day they bumped it up to 1k/2k so the near busto players w/ only $100-200k to risk in the game wouldn't clog up the list for the real players. The fact that a game had to be bumped up from 500/1000 NL/PLO w/ $100k min buy, well, wow.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ZBT: Bobby's SN is mgmRULZ1372

ifp: No inside info. Just that the game was full and the list was 9+ on Wednesday. Next day they bumped it up to 1k/2k so the near busto players w/ only $100-200k to risk in the game wouldn't clog up the list for the real players. The fact that a game had to be bumped up from 500/1000 NL/PLO w/ $100k min buy, well, wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats pretty amazing that there were that many people willing to put down the money for 500/1k NL/PLO with a 200 ante. This just makes me more desolate about how many times in stakes I have to move up to even stand out in the poker world. I bet if poker got more popular 100/200 NL would become the popular limit among average millionares and I wouldnt even be bankroll for it lol
Old 07-14-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He bought a house and a car.. that's got to have set his bankroll back

[/ QUOTE ]
doesn't he live in santa barbara, california? if so that is -500k at least.