Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 08:06 PM

Default Re: OOT weekly thread: minor things that infuriate you

MicroBob,

just have a prepared fake phone number to give them... I have a standard all-purpose fake that I give to credit card companies, stores, ugly girls, etc. very useful.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stores like Best Buy or something who ask for your damn zip-code and/or phone-number when you're making a purchase.

Arrrgh. I never give my real phone-number on those things.
A lot of times I just say, "can we just skip that part?"

Zip-code I guess is fine. But really, I just want to check-out and there are people behind me.
You asking me and then me telling you while you type it in, and then maybe repeat it to me to make sure you heard it right or something ends up just holding up the whole line.

Annoying and somewhat intrusive.
I just want to buy whatever it is I'm buying without having to give you a load of personal information.

Places that ask for your name and address when you are paying cash are even worse.
Screw that. Give me what I freaking bought and let the person behind me step up here to pay for their stuff now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find these constant and determined efforts to get your personal information when it doesn't pertain directly to the transaction at hand annoying and intrusive too.

I should start asking for THEIR personal info when they ask me for mine.

This is especially goofy when you are paying in cash. Exactly what personal info is needed here?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MicroBob,

just have a prepared fake phone number to give them... I have a standard all-purpose fake that I give to credit card companies, stores, ugly girls, etc. very useful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would do that sometimes.
But I don't like them asking me in the first place and sometimes I just don't feel like playing their little game so I instead give the, "wtf do you need my phone # for?" look.

It also has occured to me that I might be giving them somebody else's actual phone #. And I don't think it should be fair for some random shmoe to get stuck with all the telemarketing calls that were left for me.
So if I'm going to give a false number it's going to be a different one all the time so at least they get spread around to different people (and hopefully some of the time they aren't real phone numbers anyway).

If I am going to give them a different number then usually I just change my real phone # by a digit or two or something like that.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:00 PM

MicroBob, just refuse them politely or they might spit on your CDs.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:18 PM

A girl I work with likes to give a big argument and ask for justifications when asked to do the most ordinary things around the office anyone would do. It's like taking a court case to trial to ask her to lift a finger just to be nominally helpful and cooperative. Thing is, she's otherwise quite nice and even charming. But she seems terrified of doing small favors or extending minor courtesies, as if that might possibly be outside of her job description or something.

It's like she's trying to protect her boundaries or something. Yet at the same time, she asks me to do things she could easily do herself and that aren't really my job anyway. Just weird.

The other day she asks me to come help her out. A few things in her department needed to be shuffled from one place to another in the room. There were plenty of items, but only one remotely heavy. She says, we need this and this moved here and here ... and I see virtually everything weights a pound or less. It's her project, in her department, and she's right there looking at it, but she needs to call me in to move stuff that weights nothing? Yet every time I ask her the most minor thing it's like having to mount an argument before the Supreme Court?

"Tell me when you get to the heavy stuff," I say, and walk out the door while she's talking.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If I am going to give them a different number then usually I just change my real phone # by a digit or two or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I always do. I'm not giving them my damn number, and it's much faster to give a fake than to go into the "I'm not giving it to you" circus act.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Tell me when you get to the heavy stuff," I say, and walk out the door while she's talking.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL SUCCINCTAMENTS

I don't believe this story on the basis of word count.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I always do. I'm not giving them my damn number, and it's much faster to give a fake than to go into the "I'm not giving it to you" circus act.

[/ QUOTE ]

"I don't have a phone."
Old 07-09-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"I don't have a phone."

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa. I have a new policy now. Screw the fake # stuff.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL SUCCINCTAMENTS

I don't believe this story on the basis of word count.

[/ QUOTE ]

It did seem suspiciously short for Blarg.