Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Re: Most overrated games ever

Yeah I said it best in my first post in this thread when I said what is the point? I can't get other people to change their mind and they aren't going to change my mind. I sighed when I saw this topic posted because I have spent enough time on gamefaqs to know a trap topic when I see one. Unfortunately I am dumb enough to trap myself in this topic.
Old 07-11-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Finally we've gotten to the true subject of every internet thread -- telling some stranger he's an idiot and/or STFU.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does somebody making rediculous claims and then refusing to even attempt to support them add to the thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

About as much as you telling them to go stick their head in the dirt. Ooooooo.. burn!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I said it best in my first post in this thread when I said what is the point? I can't get other people to change their mind and they aren't going to change my mind. I sighed when I saw this topic posted because I have spent enough time on gamefaqs to know a trap topic when I see one. Unfortunately I am dumb enough to trap myself in this topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I most disliked your post because it was pretty obvious you hadn't played Halo 2, online for sure at least. I have no problems if you can point out failings thus leading to it being overrated. But latching onto somebody else's post then claiming x-fire is even remotely comparable to the match making setup in Halo 2 is just plain wrong.

It's just childish to claim X is better than Y when you haven't even played Y!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:06 PM

I have played Halo 2 online, and with that I am done with this idiotic thread before I get and stupider looking a it
Old 07-12-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ocarina of Time: 3D killed Link, overrated as the best Zelda game which obviously is Link to the Past and a second the original. Even prefer gameboy over this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...Ocarina of Time was one of the few experiences were I was blown away from beginning to end. Seriously, every 3D Zelda has kicked major, major ass in my opinion. I agree LTTP rocks, but I don't see how anyone who likes Zelda dislikes the 3D versions.

[ QUOTE ]
God of War 2: No doubt stunning grahpics and i only played for while it lasted and came to the conclusion i didn't wanted to play in an interactive hack and slash. Great eye candy but was bored after half a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the best PS2 game ever, or at least top 3. The GOW series should force you to play on a hard difficulty, because if you play it on easy you don't appreciate the combat system as much.

Basically I disagree with everything said here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I resisted going off on a rant about how Deus Ex is the best game ever after OP called it a piece of [censored] basically.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Still, if you were coming over from a game(if there really was much of one anymore) that had high-end raiding content like EQ, WoW's high-level raiding would look ridiculously marginal by comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

How far are you in raid progression? I know alot of people who left eq for wow and really only play wow for the raiding. They mostly say its less epic, simply because there are fewer people, but not having to wait 5 hours for 80 people to show up rocks, and that the dungeons are more creative and steeped in better lore. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was pretty far in raiding in EQ when I quit, but quit WoW after only a few months, when everyone was in a fury that there was virtually no raiding to do, and what there was, sucked. I'm sure it's much better now, but it was really bad when WoW came out, if you played EQ as basically a raiding game.

I'm sure WoW will get better for that over time, though, and I'm sure it must already have gotten better.

As to waiting five hours for a raid, in EQ we just scheduled them and there wasn't much of a wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

no offense but you don't know what you're talking about, I played in a bleeding edge raid guild in wow for 1.5 years after release and there was plenty of stuff to do every day. Prior to that I raided in EQ (was in FOH for some time). IMO its not even close, raiding in wow is a helluva lot more fun/skill based/intense/etc than raiding in EQ.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Still, if you were coming over from a game(if there really was much of one anymore) that had high-end raiding content like EQ, WoW's high-level raiding would look ridiculously marginal by comparison.

[/ QUOTE ]

How far are you in raid progression? I know alot of people who left eq for wow and really only play wow for the raiding. They mostly say its less epic, simply because there are fewer people, but not having to wait 5 hours for 80 people to show up rocks, and that the dungeons are more creative and steeped in better lore. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was pretty far in raiding in EQ when I quit, but quit WoW after only a few months, when everyone was in a fury that there was virtually no raiding to do, and what there was, sucked. I'm sure it's much better now, but it was really bad when WoW came out, if you played EQ as basically a raiding game.

I'm sure WoW will get better for that over time, though, and I'm sure it must already have gotten better.

As to waiting five hours for a raid, in EQ we just scheduled them and there wasn't much of a wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

no offense but you don't know what you're talking about, I played in a bleeding edge raid guild in wow for 1.5 years after release and there was plenty of stuff to do every day. Prior to that I raided in EQ (was in FOH for some time). IMO its not even close, raiding in wow is a helluva lot more fun/skill based/intense/etc than raiding in EQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know for a fact that there was no real raid game in WoW to start.

The other fact is that even though spectacularly, world-class whiny boy Fury of FOH ascended to godhood for FOH by getting hired by Blizzard for WoW, raiding was very limited, boring and frustrating when WoW started up. Tons of people quit the game shortly after maxing out because they found raiding in WoW a dead end.

If WoW raiding got better later, great. It didn't start off that way. Anyone who was in WoW at the start say that, and the boards were pretty overwhelmed with bitter complaint about it.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know for a fact that there was no real raid game in WoW to start.

The other fact is that even though spectacularly, world-class whiny boy Fury of FOH ascended to godhood for FOH by getting hired by Blizzard for WoW, raiding was very limited, boring and frustrating when WoW started up. Tons of people quit the game shortly after maxing out because they found raiding in WoW a dead end.

If WoW raiding got better later, great. It didn't start off that way. Anyone who was in WoW at the start say that, and the boards were pretty overwhelmed with bitter complaint about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

again you don't know what you're talking about. I was "hardcore" at the beginning of wow and there was plenty to do. Onyxia was a big challenge and worked perfectly. Molten core was great too, I had a blast being one of the first groups of people to attempt it and it was very fun and balanced. I don't know of anyone who quit after the first few months of wow because there wasn't anything to do. Its "furor" btw not "fury".
Old 07-12-2007, 05:09 PM

Whatever, he's your boy, not mine.

There was a ton of complaint about the limited raiding game at the beginning of WoW, whether you want to admit it or not. I knew people who quit because of the way raiding was shaping up. But if you liked it, that's okay with me.