Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: what to drink to seem sophisticated

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's not really about ordering a "manly" drink, but more about not looking INSECURE

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you look insecure by ordering a drink? Stutter? "Excuse me, I don't w-w-w-ant to bother you, but c-c-ould you bring me a r-r-r-, a r-r-r-Red Bull and vodka?"

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh, if you order a drink and then start wondering if she cares about what you ordered, you'll come off as insecure. Stuttering would be a sign of something else. Not sure what though
Old 06-14-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i guess if your intent is just to eff some shallow broads, order a manly drink, but if you're looking to develop a relationship with a real human being you might as well just be yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree but I suspect that OP is just trying to get some shallow ass

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough, go with the 20 year old vintage something or other, then.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:35 PM

Homer - uh, black and white much? It's degrees and impressions Ana's referring to, not deal breakers and outright dismissals.

-Al
Old 06-14-2007, 02:36 PM

I'm not saying 'dismissed.' I'm saying 'lose points on some level.' And it all adds up. Same as if you had awful hair or rotting teeth or something. And if you were honest with yourself, you'd admit your first impression of women is based on all kinds of completely superficial stuff. How could it not be? You're not a mind-reader. You don't have much else to go on.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's not really about ordering a "manly" drink, but more about not looking INSECURE

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you look insecure by ordering a drink? Stutter? "Excuse me, I don't w-w-w-ant to bother you, but c-c-ould you bring me a r-r-r-, a r-r-r-Red Bull and vodka?"

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh, if you order a drink and then start wondering if she cares about what you ordered, you'll come off as insecure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the heads up bro, I don't think any of us realized that.

-Al
Old 06-14-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Homer - is it any less silly than a girl judging you based on your clothes and sense of style? That's really my only point - it's a part of the total package. It's not as critical as other components obviously and I doubt it's a dealbreaker for any reasonable woman, but the "drink you order" is something most women take note of on some level. (At least for women somewhat knowledgeable about alcohol.)

[/ QUOTE ]

right, i understand we are all constantly judging others based on a multitude of things. if a guy shows up on a date dressed like a bum, fine, judge away. i'm just astounded that what you choose to drink could even be a small factor.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:38 PM

So I realize we've all gotten into a discussion and whatnot, but I think in answer to the OP's query (in the spirit in which he asked the question), we all know that a gentleman always orders a Steel Reserve.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh, if you order a drink and then start wondering if she cares about what you ordered, you'll come off as insecure. Stuttering would be a sign of something else. Not sure what though

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you picture women as like telepathic wolves? (Ooh, that is pretty scary.) Or would you just like be sweating and shaking and whispering 'DOES SHE LIKE MY ORDER?!'

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh, if you order a drink and then start wondering if she cares about what you ordered, you'll come off as insecure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the heads up bro, I don't think any of us realized that.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the one making sarcastic remarks. Jesus, all I said was don't be insecure, and I get ragged on by two posters, who supposedly aren't douchebags.

Right, get off your high horses. I didn't say ANYTHING antagonistic and I didn't even disagree with any of you.

OP should just order whatever the hell he wants, and be confident about it.

But no go ahead you two and keep picking on my posts, you're cool OOT allstars!
Old 06-14-2007, 02:41 PM

bottomset: sigh.

Al: You are being taught a lot here!!!

OP: "i am fine with a 24 pack" I really thought you were describing your hot body when I read this!