Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: A Female President: Is America ready?

The toughest man in the Democrats is a girl.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have no problem with a female pres, none at all, just not Hillary and I don't really know exactly why.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's that maybe no one has a real clue what she's really thinking and what she's about.

I definitely get this perception from the perspective of an ocean away.

[/ QUOTE ]

It used to be easy to figure where she was coming from, but since then she has become a politician, and looks to be in support of whatever gets her votes and stabilizes her reputation. That has destroyed her individuality and stability. She used to be a lady of bold new moves; it's hard to imagine anything bold about her now except her gall.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think it's that maybe no one has a real clue what she's really thinking and what she's about.

I definitely get this perception from the perspective of an ocean away.

[/ QUOTE ]

It used to be easy to figure where she was coming from, but since then she has become a politician, and looks to be in support of whatever gets her votes and stabilizes her reputation. That has destroyed her individuality and stability. She used to be a lady of bold new moves; it's hard to imagine anything bold about her now except her gall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sort of agree with these two statements. I don't have a clue what she's about either. Anyone who thinks the country wants the same family in the White House for this many years has got to be bad. I mean there's something really odd about it. And why won't she admit she made a mistake voting for the stupid war already! If she had apologized for her vote I might have cut her a little slack.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:19 PM

This would do a lot to soften my attitude toward her. Not doing it makes her look exactly like GWB and the party she's running against. In which case, why not go straight to the source and vote republican instead of democrat in the first place?

Her public image seems all about getting people not to vote against her rather than to vote for her. She defines herself in my mind mainly as to what she's not, not as to what she actually is herself. I think all she really has is, "I'm not a Republican." Okay, but what IS she? Who is this person and what does she really have to offer anyone? It's very hard not to look at her and respond with "So what?"
Old 08-11-2007, 09:29 PM

Latest polls show her way ahead in the Dem race so looks like it's Hil vs. the Red States.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:18 AM

Pretty much a foregone conclusion. Maybe if Edwards got cheaper haircuts.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:33 PM

Just saw this thread. I follow politics a little (ok a lot), but I like to think I can be objective. Two things about Hillary

(1) She is smart smart smart. When she ran for New York Senate she had to start giving speeches at my college. Just a few months into the campaign, you got the sense that she had learned TONS about the local area, in a short period of time. From what I have read on Hillary, people say she always knows everything about every issue.

(2) She went to Wellesley. This is less about a female president than it is about a Wellesley president. Anyone who knows anyone from Wellesley will understand what I mean here, and maybe can elaborate. They tend to have principles in common with each other.

I would guess that half of Hillary's motivation, the kind she won't tell anyone, is to be the first female President. The other half is sheer pragmatism. The reason why many here have wondered what she's about, is because there is nothing she wouldn't give up for something more important. She is about doing the best she can for most of the people, no matter what ideas or people she has to betray to do it.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:05 AM

russ feingold for VP hopefully.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just saw this thread. I follow politics a little (ok a lot), but I like to think I can be objective. Two things about Hillary

(1) She is smart smart smart. When she ran for New York Senate she had to start giving speeches at my college. Just a few months into the campaign, you got the sense that she had learned TONS about the local area, in a short period of time. From what I have read on Hillary, people say she always knows everything about every issue.

(2) She went to Wellesley. This is less about a female president than it is about a Wellesley president. Anyone who knows anyone from Wellesley will understand what I mean here, and maybe can elaborate. They tend to have principles in common with each other.

I would guess that half of Hillary's motivation, the kind she won't tell anyone, is to be the first female President. The other half is sheer pragmatism. The reason why many here have wondered what she's about, is because there is nothing she wouldn't give up for something more important. She is about doing the best she can for most of the people, no matter what ideas or people she has to betray to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

(1) no disagreement there. Hillary is very very smart and I think Bill is one of the smartest people I've ever seen. I'm kind of surprised Chelsea doesn't have a huge giant skull to house her enormous brain, like The Leader.

(2) Don't have any idea what you're talking about, but I agree that Hillary desperately wants to be president. As did her husband. The driving ambition of the Clintons to reach the White House is one of the things that frightens me a little about them.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could someone please explain what disjunction means here? I want to know what's up with Wellesley students.