Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Re: ***Official Sopranos Next To Last Episode Thread***

Also, the yellow biker guy getting nailed by the car is awesome. They're letting [censored] rip.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this isn't 24 people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Some of the posts in this thread are scary.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:11 PM

what is everyones take on the flashback shot with tony and bobby on the boat...he says something like "you don't hear it in the end" don't remember exactly...

is this in regards to how bobby was killed? or something more direct like someone in the house will kill tony while hes sleeping...something else?
Old 06-04-2007, 02:15 PM

"Flatbush Bikini Waxing"

Hahaha.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:18 PM

I was wondering why after the botched Phil hit, Tony didn't order hits on any of the underbosses over in Phil's crew.

This is the first cliffhanger type ending in the Sopranos history that I can remember and I don't think I like it too much, It's almost like this episode and the last episode were meant to be a 2 hour finale.

On disc 4 the season 1 dvd set there is an interview with Chase, and provides a lot of insight as to how the show is written and it seems very out of character for Chase.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is everyones take on the flashback shot with tony and bobby on the boat...he says something like "you don't hear it in the end" don't remember exactly...

is this in regards to how bobby was killed? or something more direct like someone in the house will kill tony while hes sleeping...something else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bobby gave Tony the gun he was holding, and he was just remembering his lost friend, who for the most part was the most innocent of the family.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:35 PM

This half season has been very rushed. The first episode was very laid back. It only focused on one character and hardly had anything go on. Since then, the show's been moving a mile a minute, in an almost rushed fashion. Why not take more time to develop the NY storyline?
Old 06-04-2007, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sluss,

New York is insane for attempting this? Do you see how many guys they have vs. how many guys Tony has now - it should've been obvious from that first scene where Phil tells everyone to clear out, does The Bing or Satriale's look like that anymore? Tony's lost half his strength in the last 2 years, possibly more. While Phil is certainly unreasonable, he's willing to lose some men in order to take New Jersey - and it looks like it's going to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I can see what Phil is thinking in regards to having more men. Also you have to understand how important NJ is to Phil making money. What I meant is Phil himself sounds like he is rambling insane. This could be the downfall of this plan. He is not in a strong foothold right now in New York. His powerplay has him in control, but most of the guys in that family would not be heartbroken if he was taken out.

Phil can't stay in hiding forever and he has failed to take out Tony. I can't imagine this having a good outcome for Phil. It could be another NY family who sees him as too much of a loose cannon, it could be NJ who takes him out or it could be a member of his own family.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:33 PM

terrence winter is going to be blogging on slate this week ,

LINK

in the latest entry , jeff goldberg recalls a convo he had a couple years ago with terry and this is what terry said

, "As you know, to the never-ending frustration of some of our viewers, we often fail to pay off what happens in one episode in the next and sometimes don't pay things off at all. (The next guy who asks me what happened to the Russian gets kicked in the nuts.) This is by design, for such is life, even if such is not network television, where everything is wrapped up in neat little bows."
Old 06-04-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sluss,

New York is insane for attempting this? Do you see how many guys they have vs. how many guys Tony has now - it should've been obvious from that first scene where Phil tells everyone to clear out, does The Bing or Satriale's look like that anymore? Tony's lost half his strength in the last 2 years, possibly more. While Phil is certainly unreasonable, he's willing to lose some men in order to take New Jersey - and it looks like it's going to work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I can see what Phil is thinking in regards to having more men. Also you have to understand how important NJ is to Phil making money. What I meant is Phil himself sounds like he is rambling insane. This could be the downfall of this plan. He is not in a strong foothold right now in New York. His powerplay has him in control, but most of the guys in that family would not be heartbroken if he was taken out.

Phil can't stay in hiding forever and he has failed to take out Tony. I can't imagine this having a good outcome for Phil. It could be another NY family who sees him as too much of a loose cannon, it could be NJ who takes him out or it could be a member of his own family.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil is nutty, but now that he's gone this far, he can't offer peace now - it only gives Tony a chance to retaliate. Phil has come to the conclusion that his will is the only thing that matters - money, family, the people around him, are only means towards this end.

This is the general description of a sociopath - but I never believed Tony actually is or was a sociopath. However, with his loathing for his son, his daughter going into criminal law, his wife failing to understand his predicament, his therapist kicking him out, his best guys being killed - it's all falling apart for him as well, and Tony's self-destructive and self-preservation instincts are coming into direct conflict.

Another NY family's intervention would be a deus ex machina - we've heard little of other New York families. I'm going with Actual God here; a dream sequence which appears real, a confrontation between Tony and Phil, one of them dies - it's unclear whether or not anything actually happened or whether it was a dream.