Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Stupidest thing you\'ve heard in school?

[ QUOTE ]

Then you're probably an idiot, because it's pretty much accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, then please provide me with a reputable link that backs up any of these ridiculous claims, particularly claims of "millions and millions of people killed" and "obliterated entire cultures" and "took the lives of millions of African slaves":

[ QUOTE ]

It’s main goal was for Africans to establish their sovereignty and abolish the French system of slavery, a system that systematically killed and exploited millions and millions of people, obliterating entire cultures. The Dutch and English settlers of the early Americas also partook in this practice and also took the lives of millions of African slaves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't think so.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:03 PM

biology teacher: smoking cannabis is 4x worse for your health than smoking cigerattes. (note: he was an obsessive smoker whos life evolved around his smoking)
Old 06-03-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's [censored] with you - look at his registration date.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been around longer than you, so no.
Old 06-03-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
biology teacher: smoking cannabis is 4x worse for your health than smoking cigerattes. (note: he was an obsessive smoker whos life evolved around his smoking)

[/ QUOTE ]
I also heard this in health class. The claim was that smoking one joint had the same effect on your lungs as smoking four cigarettes. Meaning that the smoke from marijuana is harsher and more damaging than the smoke from cigarettes. So are you trying to say that claim isn't true (I have no idea). Or is it stupid just because the person who said it was a smoker? If that's the case, I don't think stating facts qualifies as saying something stupid, just because the person saying it doesn't practice what he preaches.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From a practical standpoint computers can count to infinity.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong, DUCY?
Old 06-03-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I also heard this in health class. The claim was that smoking one joint had the same effect on your lungs as smoking four cigarettes. Meaning that the smoke from marijuana is harsher and more damaging than the smoke from cigarettes. So are you trying to say that claim isn't true (I have no idea). Or is it stupid just because the person who said it was a smoker? If that's the case, I don't think stating facts qualifies as saying something stupid, just because the person saying it doesn't practice what he preaches.

[/ QUOTE ]

The former, most stats now say pot isn't as bad as we were told when we were kids.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:48 PM

2 come to mind:

My favorite - 9th grade sex ed.
Teacher uses a term (can't remember what) says it's not going to be on the test, but we should all know the word.

Dumb Bitch: "Why do we have to know how to spell it if we're just gonna talk it."

6th grade Math

Friend and I aren't paying much attention, because the subject at hand was the ever-so-boring standard measurements.

Teacher asks, "What metric measurement would you use for highways?"

I hear the question, friend doesn't. Of course she calls on him. I of course help him out by whispering the answer, which he then proclaims loudly to the class.

"Gallons."
Old 06-03-2007, 04:53 PM

I gave you an out there Jimmy, but you had to screw it up for yourself.

Do you actually believe that being Jewish makes it somehow more right to make jokes about the holocaust? That attitude strikes me as disgustingly retarded, and I'm not even Jewish. Not because of the jokes - I make plenty of unPC remarks myself. But I don't go around telling seriously that it's OK for me to say that. I know often it's not, and I admit that. I try not to do this if I suspect that people will have a problem with it. If I do slip up and insult someone, I apologize. Not only did you not apologize, you even went so far as to try to kick him down.

There are probably close to zero survivors left, but suppose you met one, and he took offense to you joking about the holocaust. Do you think he would somehow forgive you because 'it's okay, you're Jewish too'? No, he'd kick you in the nuts for being a disgrace to Jews everywhere, which you are.

And if someone chooses to apply this concept to other gruesome passages in history, WTF do you care? I don't know much about Haitian history, but I do know that the region is, or at least was until recently, unstable. Anybody with half a brain can think of a scenario that puts this guy close to something horrible that happened. Yet you feel the need to 'put him in his place'. How old are you?
Old 06-03-2007, 05:10 PM

What in god's name are you blathering about?
Old 06-03-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's also criminally stupid to classify native Haitians as African Americans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I’m not sure what you’re saying b/c you’re kind of confusing. I would agree with you that the native peoples of Haiti were not African-Americans. They were Arawak. The nativity of the Africans living in Haiti then and now, never came up.

I never classified Haitians as African Americans (though they were Africans living in the Americas). I was merely pointing to the Africans in Haiti during the 19th century who led the first successful black independence movement. This event had a major impact on the lives of native Africans and African-Americans. It buoyed all the subsequent African independence movements during the 20th century and gave hope to the slaves in America to start their own move for emancipation. It’s all heavily interrelated.

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, then please provide me with a reputable link that backs up any of these ridiculous claims, particularly claims of "millions and millions of people killed" and "obliterated entire cultures" and "took the lives of millions of African slaves":

[/ QUOTE ]

A link? [censored] bro, this is absurd.

Google:

Maafa
The Middle Passage
The Trans-Atlantic slave trade
The Triangular Slave trade
Juneteenth
Etc.

Or you could check out Slave Patrols: Law and Violence in the Carolinas. This book explains how patrols were formed by the early governments of the American south to hunt and subjugate and enforce slaves and the slave code. Does a state-sponsored extermination and round-up crew sound familiar?

You could look in ANY history textbook for the rough statistics, but the death toll certainly numbers in the many millions. Statistics don’t do justice though. The history is complex and takes a long study to grasp the situation. One thing is for sure: the violent and savage nature of the African-American holocaust has no precedent in history and its cultural, linguistic, and psychological impact is still felt today. Which is why those teachers should have just shut the [censored] up and told the kid he was right, b/c he is.