Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Don Imus vs. Black America?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I absolutely believe that neither Hannity nor Coulter nor Malkin are racist. I don't like O'Reilly and don't watch him and so can't say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely believe that neither Bill Mahr nor Cindy Sheehan despise republicans. I don't like Al Franken and don't watch him and so can't say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're exactly right on Maher and exactly wrong on Sheehan. She is an insane loon consumed with hatred.

[ QUOTE ]
oh and on a side note... is it just me or do u guys also think that all black people are drug dealing, watermelon eating, gorillas? Those [censored] should really go back to africa.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just you. I do think that black leaders like Jackson, Sharpton and Farrakhan are far more about personal power than they are about bettering the black community.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Amulet,

If you have some racists quotes from Hannity or O'Reily, please provide them. Otherwise, you shouldn't stereotype people...any people.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not going to attempt to provide any proof, but does anybody believe that hannity/o'riley/coulter/whoever else aren't racist?

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely believe that neither Hannity nor Coulter nor Malkin are racist. I don't like O'Reilly and don't watch him and so can't say.

[/ QUOTE ]

I absolutely believe that neither Bill Mahr nor Cindy Sheehan despise republicans. I don't like Al Franken and don't watch him and so can't say.

oh and on a side note... is it just me or do u guys also think that all black people are drug dealing, watermelon eating, gorillas? Those [censored] should really go back to africa.

I'm obviosly a biggot right?
...I mean look what I was just quoted saying. Defenitly a biggot...can't argue against it...its 100% fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

We get your point. If you are a liberal then you are a saint and love everybody. If you are a conservative you are racist, sexist, and anti-semetic.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:28 AM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

i've avoided chiming in on this, until today. I am biased, I grew up listening to Imus. I probably listened to him daily from age 10 to 22. I don't listen much anymore, but I respect the man a great deal. That being said. Don Imus is a national treasure. Don Imus is one of the greater unsung philantrhopists of our generation. Don Imus is being crucified for throwaway line, while he was just trying to sound "ghetto". It is absurd that we still give a scumbag like Al Sharpton any attention at all. I am too mad for words right now. I hate our media, and I wish there was something I could do.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:02 AM

First off I think the drug addeled looking old fart was way out of line. To his credit he said the Lady Vol team was cute and no one has mentioned that.

I think the real question is did Rutgers gals really look like a bunch of Nappy headed hos?

Also if Snoop Dog was on Howard Stern and made the same comment what would Al and Jessie have said? Are the PC police holding us people without color to a higher standard than the rest of the world?

GS
Old 04-12-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are the PC police holding us people without color to a higher standard than the rest of the world?

GS

[/ QUOTE ]

White people just can't catch a break.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Amulet,

If you have some racists quotes from Hannity or O'Reily, please provide them. Otherwise, you shouldn't stereotype people...any people.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not going to attempt to provide any proof, but does anybody believe that hannity/o'riley/coulter/whoever else aren't racist?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm obviosly a biggot right?
...I mean look what I was just quoted saying. Defenitly a biggot...can't argue against it...its 100% fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

We get your point. If you are a liberal then you are a saint and love everybody. If you are a conservative you are racist, sexist, and anti-semetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol wpr yr an idiot...where in my posts do u see anything involving defining racist/biggots based on if they are liberals and conservatives. You obviously leap to this assumption because of your own bias and probably political ideology.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...I will have to research how much bias and BS there is in it, if there is any...Ive never heard Hannity say anything about a group of people as a whole race...

[/ QUOTE ]

Consider doing some research on Hannity as well:

[ QUOTE ]
From the January 16 edition of ABC Radio Networks' The Sean Hannity Show:

COULTER: ...it further confirms my point that Democrats are racist, and they're just stunned to find a black man who can walk and talk. And, you know, not being a racist, I'm not really that impressed with a black man who can walk and talk. I knew that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you imagine Sean would contradict his good friend on this?

Or this: Sean questions Obama's afro-centrism

[ QUOTE ]
Hannity selectively excerpted interview with Obama's pastor in order to paint him as "separatist"
On the March 20 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, Fox News host Sean Hannity repeated allegations that Trinity Church of Christ -- of which Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) is a member -- is "separatist." Specifically, Hannity claimed that he "discovered" via the church's website "that the pastor of the church has very Afro-centric and separatist views."

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, if you don't understand how this is racism, you should consider doing some research on that as well. Consider, would Sean be "concerned" if Giuliani belonged to an organization that promoted Italian values? Would he paint it as "separatist" and "italo-centric"? If not, why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

The coulter comment I dont even get. That isnt racist, and I happen to agree with it. One big problem that I have with the liberal party is that keep saying they are the champion of minorities. Tell me how a bunch of rich white people, most of which think that all these "poor minorities" dont have the ability to do anythign w/o help can be anyhwere near in touch with the general population. Added to the facat that most of the values (family, religion) held by a lot of minorities (catholic mexicans imparticular) line up with the conservatives much much more than they do w/ the "social progressive" douche bags.

As far as teh Trinity Church, Barrack Obama himself denounced and furthered himself from the comments made by the pastor due the the exact reasons hannity stated.

Im personally not a big fan of hannity or any of the far right pundits, but you [censored] liberals who think they are the end all and be all of everything because they NEVER have to prove anything, or actually come up with a plan for anything, and hope that their snootiness and douche baggery should be enough for us "uneducated hicks" are the real problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Angry much?
Old 04-12-2007, 12:44 PM

It always amazes how much people are tied down and enslaved by their given political ideology in terms of how they view and percieve just about anything.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:44 PM

haha...weird, a liberal reading my post, all of which is straight on point, and attacking or being snide and snively, rather than say "wow, I agree", or trying to refute it with facts.

You are just a microcosm of the Democratic Party campaign system. Its why libs keep losing elections they should have won.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It always amazes how much people are tied down and enslaved by their given political ideology in terms of how they view and percieve just about anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you talking about me? or hoi poi?
Closed Thread